Calvin Pryor Player Assessment So Far

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Altoona, Oct 17, 2014.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

He's yet to play his actual position. Can't really call him s bust and expect to be taken seriously.

AlmostNamedMyDogRevis likes this.
  2. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

I didn't say I don't like speculation. I don't like speculation that masquerades as fact. We don't know if Teddy plays as well for the Jets as he does for Minnesota. Hell, we don't know if Peyton Manning does. And, you know what substantiates my claim? The fact that Peyton Manning, when he had a chance to play for the Jets said, "ah, no thanks!!"

And, while I don't mind watching a blowjob on the Internet, it's unclear why Bridgewater receives so much knob slobbing from Jets whores:

23 Teddy Bridgewater MIN QB 259 402 64.4 30.9 2,919 7.3 224.5 14 12 137 34.1 87T 38 7 39 85.2
    24 Blake Bortles JAC QB 280 475 58.9 33.9 2,908 6.1 207.7 11 17 132 27.8 63T 37 6 55 69.5
    25 Geno Smith NYJ QB 219 367 59.7 26.2 2,525 6.9 180.4 13 13 118 32.2 74T 33 7 28 77.5

Seriously, the 23rd vs. the 25th rated QB. 14 TDs and 12 INTs vs. 13 and 13. 85.2 Rating vs. 77.5.

Am I missing something? Basically, the difference between the two was one stupid Rex Ryan blitz call in OT.

Were the Vikings in the playoffs?

3. BroadwayAaron

None of this matters. All you need to know is that we would have been set for the next decade if we took him.

4. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

So, wait! The actual records don't matter...I see.

Well, since YOU said it...and offered zero substantiation, it must be true.

Please don't bother to offer NON responses. They're boring and just fill up your post stats.

5. BroadwayAaron

You clearly missed all of the action that took place in this thread yesterday morning. I was far from being serious.

AlmostNamedMyDogRevis likes this.
  6. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

Ooops, sorry...I did miss all that.

never mind...

7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Neither were the Jags.

Teddy is a superior talent to both Geno and Bortles, he was better in his rookie year than Geno was in his second year (don't even look at Geno's rookie year). He's just a smarter player than Geno and he's much more accurate than either Geno or Bortles and unlike the Jets, the Vikes aren't looking to replace him. A better GM than Idzik makes the smart move last draft and takes Geno's replacement.

Stats don't always tell the story. Teddy is already a better QB than Geno easy and he's better right now than Bortles too. Bortles may turn out to be a good pro, but Teddy are Carr were the better QBs in that draft.

_

cantwait57 likes this.
  8. AlmostNamedMyDogRevis

AlmostNamedMyDogRevis Active Member

He has to play his position before we can really assess him.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  9. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I hear he's inactive. (Now that's a throwback)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NYJalltheway likes this.
  10. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

So old i only vaguely remember it. People would label everyone under the sun inactive to people who didn't know haha.

11. TurkJetFan

Even further back when tgg what's basically brand new I was one of the first mods and would put up polls of the week.

Oh those were the days... :)

12. NYJalltheway

Yes I remember when the polls were relatively frequent. I loved that part of tgg. I wish I had saved screenshots from all the old styles.

TurkJetFan likes this.
  13. TurkJetFan

So what you're saying is I should be a mod? :) haha

14. NYJalltheway

If you promise more polls then you've got my vote next November. ;)

15. TurkJetFan

Polls 2015 Vote TJF

NYJalltheway likes this.
  16. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

Oh, right...the Teddy Bridgewater draft debate: Acc
    Yeah, I just don't think you can take a player's performance in isolation and make grandiose statements like the ones you made. Maybe if we put Smith on the Vikings he's just as good or better. You really just can't say. And, of course, it would be enormously premature to take a rookie QB's stats and make a decision to replace him when he was playing behind a less-than-quality OL and throwing to less than NFL-quality receivers.

You may think that Smith is dumber than Bridgewater, but, in my opinion, you've judged him unfairly AND you've shown an immaturity that has seen you offer some simplistic notions--a rookie QB doesn't perform well, so spend more draft capital on the position when there are clearly other elements that are deficient that contributed to that inadequate performance--that would, if I were like you, lead me to assess that you're not particularly bright enough to judge others' intellect.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Just wondering, did you see Bridgewater play in any other then the Jets game? Still made us look bad in that Vikings game. He made the Dolphins look pretty silly also.

18. JStokes

Dude, I've been watching Geno since he was a freshman at WVU, I saw him play in college (including live) as much as anyone here other than a WVU alum or one of his family members (if they post here). I saw literally every game Teddy played as a college player. I'm a Big East fan and even when Geno went to the Big 12, I still watched his games because i like to follow Big east players and I was laughing at the hub bub about him his last year--it was hilarious how over rated he was by the mass media.

Don't tell me my statements are grandiose because unlike you, I actually SAW what both of them were in college and it's been borne out in the pros.

Geno is a physically gifted thrower but is a mental dope when it comes to football IQ and I don't think he'as a particularly smart person outside of football IQ.

Teddy is one of the smartest and highest football IQ QB's I've seen play in a very very long time and I've been watching college FB forever. you downplayed Teddy's play on the stupid blitz by Rex--but guess what--that's the brilliance of Teddy--he read it and made the jets pay. Geno doesn't see that blitz.

You love Geno, I get it. I will not call you immature because you do so--please don't call me immature because of my opinion as it is not based on fandom--it's based on having actually watched both of them in college a LOT. Not hindsight--foresight.

And you're red herring about that we don't know what player X would have done on a different team or with different players is just nonsense--we've SEEN what Geno did and Teddy on a WORSE team and was clearly better in his rookie year than Geno was in his second year. You've been making excuses for Geno not having NFL WRs and a decent O-line but Teddy had WORSE talent (and no AP) and he still outperformed Geno.

Please stop. Be happy with Geno. We'd be MUCH better off with Teddy right now and we'd be set for the next decade. May be grandiose but it's true.

_

19. JStokes

It's funny that he downplays Teddy's winning TD because it was a bad blitz by Rex.

How about giving the bright young man credit for seeing it, recognizing the coverage and exploiting it?

He's doing that as a rookie.

_

20. BroadwayAaron

"Set for the next decade" is the best part of this Bridgewater discussion.