Calvin Pryor Player Assessment So Far

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Altoona, Oct 17, 2014.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

What the fuck are you talking about? I'm well aware you were talking about mock redraft. Was that not obvious when I went ahead and posted five more mock redrafts that had him no higher than 10?

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah, that's why GMs get fired after their first season too :D

But yeah, your other points are valid. I'll leave it at that.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

YOU'RE the one havug a tough time this morning--I just posted this for you yesterday. This was a draft DO OVER that was on the telly last week--not a mock from last year.

Were you drunk yesterday when we were having this discussion?

Show me one quote from me that had Teddy as the top pick or even top 10.

Or just stop.

_

4. JStokes

Go find a quote from me that had him number 1 or top 10.

You should go back to bed.

_

5. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

legler82 likes this.
  6. JStokes

I don't care that you challenge my opinion, I just object to you stating bullshit then trying to pass it off as fact.

Teddy was never a 2nd round projection.

And I never said he was a number 1 projection.

_

7. JStokes

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

hahahah that was great ... a lot of posters here believe it or not thought Bridgewater wasn't all that good. To me, he's already a solid pro.

Oh yeah, he had NO AP last year. He took a dump on the Dolphins last season it was great.

9. BroadwayAaron

I don't know why I bother. You can't read. For the second time now, and you even the quoted the post where I said this, I am well aware you were talking about a redraft. Which is exactly why I responded yesterday with five redrafts that had him outside the top 10. I did this because you said you found one redraft that had him first overall. Therefore, the five redrafts that I posted were to show you that even using hindsight, there were a lot of people that get paid to analyze football at still disagree with you. And remember, you were the one that brought redrafts up.

Let me know if you understand this before we move on.

10. JStokes

[QUOTE="MoProblems96, post: 3231164, member: 9421"

Let me know if you understand this before we move on.[/QUOTE]

YOU were the one who said he was a second round projection when he clearly was never had a second round projection.

Now you've backtracked to "he's a late first round/early second round projection"?

Keep backtracking or feel free to move on.

Before the pick was made Teddy was the better pick--no hindsight needed there.

_

11. JStokes

That's a great video.

It's what some of us saw at Louisville.

Too bad our GM didn't. We'd be set right now.

_

12. BroadwayAaron

YOU were the one who said he was a second round projection when he clearly was never had a second round projection.

Now you've backtracked to "he's a late first round/early second round projection"?

Keep backtracking or feel free to move on.

Before the pick was made Teddy was the better pick--no hindsight needed there.

_[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see you're deflecting now. I'll take the cues from the multiple posters that have DM'd me telling me to get out of this pissing contest with you.

Go Teddy!

13. JStokes

This "pissing contest" started and ended yesterday when you were shown to have made up bullshit about Teddy being a second round projection. It was over.

It wasn't until you woke up this morning in a stupor to continue you your nonsense with a bit of backtracking and digs about ME having a bad morning that it continued.

I kindly asked you to stop but you needed to persist.

Feel free to continue. Or not.

Or maybe give us another Lesson on Roll Over Money.

_

14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Most disappointing on a scale of 1-10 he was 1 last season :mad:

15. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Baring in mind we haven't seen the full potential of either player you could make a good argument for drafting either, in a bubble without hindsight.

on one hand taking a QB in the top 2 twice in two years seems…wasteful. maybe a bit counterintuitive to the development of either QB prospect or an offense at large as well. who's the leader of the O? is it possible to have two players compete for establishment of a leadership role without things being a passive aggressive mess? what oddities or deficiencies have to be made up by fellow players and coaches with so much youth at QB, and how much would they vary between passers? how does this impact the offense overall in terms of chemistry or scheme?

I mean can we honestly say we could give two young QB's the support they need while letting them duke it out to see who's the better franchise QB? isn't that a disservice to both QB's? an established vet and rookie relationship works fine sure, but a sophomore QB you haven't given up on and a rookie? theres no assurance that would have worked out for us, not to mention taking a blue chip at another spot with long term issues could be argued as a more efficient use of resources.

on the other hand maybe cutting or permanently benching Smith for not showing enough in is rookie year and making TB the man under 2014's circumstances was the move to make. bet big on teddy, forget about the last guy completely or trying to draft somebody else instead. this is your guy let everybody know it. because he's that complete a passer and has that much upside.

its not a clear cut argument either way.

Clark Gaines likes this.
  16. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Why exactly is Bridgewater being discussed in a Pryor thread? Start a new thread in the NFL subforum if you want.

17. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me?

If the kid can play at the level he did with that inept offense over in Minnesota, it only makes sense he would've been able to succeed here with his skill set and the RB's and Receivers we had.

You think the Vikings system was anything close to what he ran in College? lol It's not like it was the perfect scheme fit for the kid or something..

Speculation is what everyone does on this board, it is part of the great debate, if you don't like that then maybe you are in the wrong place.

18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Charlie Kelly likes this.
  19. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Don't kid yourself--Idzik was afraid of his own shadow--Rex Ryan is the reason the jets always used their number 1 pick on defense. At least this year we have a GM who will CONSIDER the offensive side of the ball on draft day before the middle rounds.

TNJet likes this.
  20. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I would have been happy with any offensive player last year. Pryor is a bust.