Calvin Pryor Player Assessment So Far

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Altoona, Oct 17, 2014.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Just stop.

_

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Why because you have no facts to support your claim other than using hindsight a year after the fact? I'd want me to stop too.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You are easily influenced by what the media tells you, sad. Watch the tape on Bridgewater and that will tell you everything you need to know. Only reason Bridgewater dropped was because of his pro day and "his frail body size" - do your research. No question, he's a better QB then Manziel and Bortles. Carr is on equal playing ground I think as of now.

4. 101GangGreen101

Only a moron GM, goes to a Louisville game and comes out saying Pryor is better then Bridgewater. I bet the Browns are kicking themselves for not taking Bridgewater

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. JStokes

You originally claimed he had a second round projection and then when multiple posters corrected you saying you were full of shit, you've now said he was a late 1st round/second round projection and you've changed the narrative to include other QB projections.

He was NEVER a 2nd round projection but you can't admit you're wrong. That's ok.

Those of us who watched him throughout college knew better.

And none of that is using hindsight. Go look at the draft forum, no one was a bigger Teddy proponent than me going back 3 years. I would have taken him over any other player in that draft.

I didn't know better, I just guessed right. He'll be a better QB than Bortles and Manziel and he and Carr are going to be the next young duo's of good NFL franchise QBs.

The Jets SHOULD have taken him and had we done so we'd be set for the next decade.

Why don't you go make up more bullshit.

_

6. JStokes

No one ever had him as a second rounder.

No one.

_

7. JStokes

Facts indeed.

_

8. BroadwayAaron

You're missing the original point of what I said. I said on draft day, not using any hindsight whatsoever, not using anything that we know now that we've seen him play a semi full year in the pros, Teddy Bridgewater was not projected to be anywhere closer than eight picks away from where we selected.

And really what it stems from his people pretending they knew on draft day that this guy was going to be a franchise quarterback in the hilarity of someone saying that we would have been "set for a decade" if we drafted him. And again, since I'm talking about what we should have done on draft day using no hindsight whatsoever, I don't know how else to prove that that theory kind of stands alone other than by posting mock drafts and player analysis.

9. BroadwayAaron

This is hilarious considering I found more mock drafts that had him in the second round than you did redrafts that had Teddy Bridgewater in the top 10.

And remember I'm only bringing up mocks because you decided to use it as ammo.

#109 BroadwayAaron, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  10. JStokes

You're the guy who said he had a second round projection. Horseshit.

Hilarious indeed.

_

11. JStokes

Some of us know better and aren't victims of the media.

So now he wasn't a second rounder, all your draft guides had him no closer than 8 picks from where we were drafting.

Which even by your naive system of grading players had him in the first round.

Well done.

_

legler82 likes this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

Everything I've assessed about Bridgewater was prior to him even coming into the pros. There's absolutely no doubt, if Bridgewater is on the clock at 18 and I am the Jets GM, I take that pick to the podium ASAP. He was an outstanding QB for 3 years at Louisville. Bridgewater, I believe will have a very successful career. He's got all the tools you want in a QB.

QB > FS / SS? We will needed a QB. Another thing about Idzik, you assess a player and make him a FS only for the next cs to come in and make him a SS. Idzik did an awful job.

Browns sure are kicking themselves, the Texans maybe also. Many had Bridgewater rated as the #1 QB in the 2014 draft bar none. He dropped because scouts over think the process and forget about the tape.

The tape never lies. The combine can.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. JStokes

Btw, I never said there was a single mock that had him top 10 but nice try making bullshit up to support your unsupportable position.

Was never a second rounder.

_

14. BroadwayAaron

You're having a very hard time understanding what's going on. I'm just going to let you sit here and beat your meat in the mirror while you tell yourself how great you are.

15. BroadwayAaron

No you didn't say that, but you did talk about that one mock that you read that had Teddy Bridgewater going number one overall and then I went ahead and found five other ones that didn't even have him in the top 10. Like I said you're having a very tough time this morning and I think it's better that I just let you li no you didn't say that, but you did talk about that one mock that you read that had Teddy Bridgewater going number one overall and then I went ahead and found five other ones that didn't even have him in the top 10

Oh, and the one guy that supported your theory also had him 26th overall the day before the draft, and considering I'm talking about zero hindsight, it was kind of dumb for you to use him as support for your argument.

Like I said you're having a very tough time this morning and I think it's better that I just let you live.

16. JStokes

Yeah suggesting any of this is with hindsight is just weak.

He should go look at the draft forum to see when we were saying this stuff.

Another guy with draft guides and blogs lol. He's not very goo at this.

_

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  17. JStokes

Hey you're the guy making stuff up then backtracking.

_

18. 101GangGreen101

I don't see anyone puffing their chest here. I think you just need to give credit where credit is due and understand the fact that the Jets passed on 2 QBs that could have helped this team going forward in a big way.

19. JStokes

No you idiot-- that was a draft do-over

From a week ago.

Not a mock from last April!

I posted the video for you.

I get you can't read but I thought maybe TV would help you.

Holy shit. I NEVER said he was a number 1 projection or even top 10.

You're not very good at this are you?

_

20. BroadwayAaron

The best part about this is I'm not even arguing what kind of quarterback Teddy Bridgewater will be. I'm talking about the perception on draft day by at least 20 other teams and the people that get paid to analyze football. I'm not shocked that a guy who once got banned for getting so worked up on a message board couldn't see past that and thought I was challenging his opinion.

Thank you for at least handling the subject like an adult. Like I said I don't even necessarily disagree with you. You're way better at this than the Syracuse kid.