Calvin Pryor Player Assessment So Far

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Altoona, Oct 17, 2014.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

You can continue to say you've seen mocks that had him in the second round (there are always outliers trying to make names for themselves by being contrarian) but the overwhelming majority had him in the first.

You made a stupid comment and then you backtracked. To the 32nd pick then no higher than 8 from our pick.

In other words, the first round.

He was always a first round projection.

It's not the first time you've said something stupid here and I rather suspect it won't be the last.

Stupidity doesn't get me banned, insulting my family does.

Stupidity brings me mild entertainment on the internet but also makes me weep for the children.

Like the Lesson in Roll Over Money lol.

_

2. JStokes

This is when you feel the compulsion to get the last word in.

Have fun. It's going to bug you if you don't.

_

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You sure are fired up over someone you've never met on the internet. Don't go getting banned over it.

Is it going to bug me? Or is there something extremely entertaining about watching some guy flip out because he knows he's wrong? I'm not even kidding, I should stop, for the sake of your blood pressure.

4. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

Rex always liked to place guys in positions where they don't belong to switch it.

Calvin Pryor at FS. Sheldon at FB. Harris in Coverage. Calvin Pace at CB to jam. Saliim Hakim as an edge rusher...etc...

Some of these moves worked out (Sheldon at FB), but most did not. Pryor did not belong at FS and it was stupid to put him there. He's a SS and I'm glad they're putting him back.

For that reason I think we look at Pryor as having another fresh start at a "rookie" year since he is new to SS in the pros.

5. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

Pryor should be much better this year. He will be playing SS, which fits his skillset better than FS, and he will be surrounded by talented players in the secondary.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He reminds me of an insane poster we used to have on the old NY Times Jets board. He was an expert at twisting others words or making a comment, then deny he ever said it. You could quote his post and he'd try to lie and weasel out of it or so that we were in error somehow. Life is too short to waste on idiots like that. He just went permanent ignore.

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I can't fathom getting so worked up over someone on the internet that you have to use a function that blocks you from seeing their words. To me, that's a classic case of knowing you can't prove yourself right.

Funny, IM the one twisting words?

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  8. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

9. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

it was well known before the 2014 draft that teddy was the most pro-ready prospect in the past couple of drafts. teddy being marginally better than geno last year is not a shock ... the knock on teddy was his ceiling, and that is still very much tbd. anointing him as a future star is premature, imo

teddy did have sub-par backs/o-line, and did well considering those circumstances. but he also has one of the best OCs of all time ... i dont think its a stretch to say that most young QBs would fare better with norv than with morningwood

10. JStokes

That's fair, but I think it's important to note that you're comparing Teddy as a rookie to Geno as a second year starter. That Teddy was better last year, even marginally, indicates he that he was IMO geometrically better, especially in comparison to Geno's rookie year. And I'm not sure the knock on him was his ceiling, I think it was his frailty. But he was the most pro ready and as pretty much every one knew, he was a true first round projection going into the draft. Other than a few Geno fans and the big time defensive fans here, I think most of the board would have been happy had we taken Bridgewater. Especially considering what we took. And since this is a board of opinions, I feel comfortable anointing him a future star, nobody needs to agree with it.

You see, the discussion with that particular Geno fan had zero to do with OCs or the system being run--it was ALL about the talent--or rather--the lack of talent around Geno.

Teddy had worse talent around him, irrespective of the OC.

_