Calvin Pryor Player Assessment So Far

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Altoona, Oct 17, 2014.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

YOU'RE the idiot. You keep talking about "mocks"--mocks are pre-draft assessments of where people are MOCKING where they will go. It something predicting the future.

Draft do-overs are not mocks, they are something that retroactively resets the past.

I showed you a draft DO OVER showing him first--a retroactive look at where someone thought he SHOULD have been drafted. NOT a forward looking "mock" of where he was going to go.

You keep saying you understand this but you keep mixing up the two concepts and attributing your inability to understand that to me that you know I didn't say.

You shouldn't bother with me because you are too stupid to understand basic but different concepts.

_

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You're clearly clinging to straws while drowning here. You know god damn well what I meant. You just get so flustered that someone is making you look stupid that you reach for the first defense mechanism you can find.

Why is it that I've specificed RE... RE RE RE REdraft mutliple times and you can't figure it out?

Do you know what the word "mock" even means? Redrafting a class that has already been drafted is the textbook definition of mock.

3. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Both of you are fucking idiots just shut up already

All Gas No Shake, Dom and legler82 like this.
  4. JStokes

Drowning? If anyone is looking stupid, it's the guys who keeps confusing forward looking and retroactive anaylses. You've got yourself tied up in such an illogical pretzel you can't get out of it.

You keep saying mocks, keep saying you know what they are, then change it to draft do overs.

Well done. Do you want me to quote you again? Or you just want us to assume you didn't mean what you said. It's ok.

_

5. BroadwayAaron

You have no idea what the word mock means. Just stick to salivating over a guy you've anointed a franchise QB that has played in 13 career games.

6. JStokes

Dude, every time this "pissing contest" starts and then ends, Roll Over dude needs to start it up again. I've been content 3 time already to leave it alone, but when Roll Over dude is compelled to get a dig, I just enjoy getting a dig back in.

And while I may be a dick, I'm not an idiot.

_

7. JStokes

I will. You continue to believe Idzik did a great job.

One of us will be proven we guessed right one day.

_

8. BroadwayAaron

Speaking of making things up...

9. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

As previously mentioned, 23rd vs. 25th...is hardly a ringing endorsement of either QB. And then there's the sample size...

But I'm glad you have targets for skeet and for scat...

10. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

You guys are fucking brutal.

Teddy had a promising rookie year. He looks like a decent player. Up until his pro day, most had Bridgewater as a top 15 pick. Him falling to where he did was probably a mistake. Having said that, enough of this "set for a decade" bullshit, lets give him more than 13 games.

You guys are like teenage girls, and I'm fairly certain you're not.

Now back on topic:

Pryor has a lot of qualities that make me think he's going to be a player. Athletically he fits the bill, he wont get overwhelmed because he isnt fast enough.

His closing speed is really really good. Multiple times last year, he maneuvered his way into the backfield so quickly, and blew up plays. I'm hoping with a re-vamped secondary we can see him playing with a bit less pressure.

His angles when covering need help. Hopefully Bowles will be able to use Pryor in a way Rex couldnt. Let him play with the game in front of him, instead of behind him. Seems like he struggles once receivers are behind him.

Walt White and Axel3419 like this.
  11. JStokes

So you care not for objective facts nor subjective opinions but you're still indignant.

Got it.

_

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

He may be a better fit at SS in the NFL but to be fair he was a FS at Louisville and was the 1st or 2nd rated FS in the draft.

13. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

No, you don't get it: I'm not indignant. Really, who gives a fuck? I'm bored with simplistic arguments...And I'm really just waiting for things to play out.

14. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

I personally believe Pryor will prosper this year. He was set up to fail last year as a rookie with no supporting cast around him. Now, he has great CBs on the outside along with a seemingly-better-than-Wilson Skrine in the slot. He also won't have to be as lost out there with Gilchrist taking over the FS spot. Pryor is a huge hitter, and I think at SS we will be seeing a lot of big hits from him. He just needs to work on his angles, and hopefully Bowles can do a good job go coaching him up. I'm being very optimistic but I do realistically believe he still has a high ceiling, even after a somewhat disappointing first season.

15. JStokes

Fantasy arguments bore me so we're even.

Besides, if you don't give a fuck , don't respond.

_

16. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

That's odd considering the he doesn't appear to consider himself as a classic FS at Louisville

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/04/calvin_pryor_on_being_moved_to_jets_strong_safety.html

"I was kind of placed in some positions that I wasn't normally placed in that caused me to do some things that I wouldn't normally do," Pryor said.

"So I'm going to be back to my old self, doing what I do, being down in the box, and just tracking the ball down," Pryor said. "That was music to my ears. That made my day go by better. I'm definitely enjoying it."

Axel3419 likes this.
  17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

'Respect…jus' a lil' bit…

'REtha.

18. legler82

Yeah I read those quotes and thought that was kind of a cheap shot at Rex. Watching his college tape, I personally thought that he was a collegiate FS that would be a better fit at SS in the NFL. However, that doesn't change the fact that he came into the league as a highly rated FS prospect with lots of experience playing FS. Despite how poorly he played in coverage he was still the best option we had out of the 4 in the box SSs we had to play FS. The Pryor at FS experiment was more a failure in roster construction than it being a coaching issue of him being forced to things he "wouldn't normally do". Even if Rex pushed for Pryor on day 1 of the draft, it is the GM's job to assess the roster and not add another in-the-box safety to a depth chart already 3 deep with that kind of player. A good GM saves the HC from himself and is a a good enough talent evaluator to see that Pryor was really an in the box SS masquerading as a FS.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/calvin-pryor?id=2543469

CALVIN PRYOR
    FS LOUISVILLE

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1851284/calvin-pryor

CALVIN PRYOR, FS

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=119927&draftyear=2014&genpos=FS

Calvin Pryor, DS #2 FS, Louisville

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...lle-safety-calvin-pryor-s-violent-play-041114

“I would say my main edge is I can play both safety positions,” Pryor said.

19. legler82

I like how everyone assumes Pryor moving to SS automatically makes him the best SS on the roster. Personally, I like what Allen brings at SS more than Pryor. While he lacks the big hit ability Pryor brings, he is a far more reliable tackler and better at man covering TEs and backs. Anointing players based on their draft position is what bad teams do. Hopefully, we just allow Pryor to compete for the spot and not hand it to him.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No, it isn't. You're being mocked, because you're making a mockery of yourself.