Calvin Pace with his 1st sack as a Jet baby!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TampaBayJetsFan85, Sep 7, 2008.

1. TampaBayJetsFan85

I'm not sure one Jet fan wanted Robertson over Jenkins...

2. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

No but there are people who continued to defend him as being a good player and a non-bust despite all evidence to the contrary.

3. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

He was what he was. I don' t think he was terrible, just not suited for NT. But he played every down and he did not complain. He made some plays, but he was better off in a 4-3. Watch him in Denver. I believe he will flourish.

4. FavreIsHere

FavreIsHere New Member

Pace was one of the most impressive players to me yesterday. I am very pleased and I hope there is more to come.

5. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Yep, he was what he was = A BUST! Before we switched to the 3-4 he was nonexistant his first 2 years. From memory, he had one good year, then we switched to a defense that didn't fit him and he was just bad. Whatever, he's gone now. At least with Vilma he was very good from day 1. He too didn't fit the defense that Mangini wanted, but before that he was an excellent player. DRob never could be called that...

6. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I'm watching the game for the first time right now. Just saw Ellis' sack. The D as a whole seems more animated then in the past. Whenever they make a good play they just seemed energized. It's almost like they know that they might be part of something special.

The Jets OL on the other hand...

7. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Wrong ... just when D-Rob started to show his stuff in the 43 we changed to the 34. Now thats fine .. coaching staff did what they wanted. But calling him a bust because he was playing out of position in the 34 isn't fair. I still would have liked to see him at DE in the 34 ... I think that would have worked out well.

All that said ... Jenkins does for the Jets defense what implants did for Britany Spears career.

8. JetsLookingforDWare

WTF are people talking about DRob disappeared for 2 years in the 3-4? He was a fuckin beeeeeeaast in the second half of '06, and at times was our best D-linemen. He was a beast in '04 when Fergy was there.

He's not a bad player. Woooo I know fuckin crazy.