Calvin Pace Fined/Will Appeal

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by casman02, Dec 22, 2011.

1. casman02

casman02 New Member

2. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Wow that deserves a fine now? Theres no helmet to helmet and it was a split second after Vick threw it. Wtf is Goodel doing to football.

3. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

apparently football isnt popular enough so we need more high flying big plays and scoring :breakdance:

4. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

5. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Knowing the NFL they won't turn this around.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Which is weak, since it violated no rules, and drew an undeserved 15 yard penalty.

7. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Theres been a lot of shoddy referee calls this season especially the hit on Vick by Dixon I didn't agree with but this is a pass happy league now and the NFL is trying too hard to keep the high value QB's safe. Notice how that late hit on Sanchez by Babin that hurt his neck was helmet to helmet and of course no flag. Straight bias

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Unbelievable that that warrants any "punishment" whatsoever. He hit him clean a split second after he released the ball.

9. abyzmul

A) That was barely a hit at all.

B) I don't think that was when the injury (has to be a stinger) actually happened, from what Rex was saying on Monday, it seemed to have happened in an earlier play, and that little pop was just something that accelerated it.

10. OverloadBlitz

You sure? I remember it being a bit of a hit there but it was definitely to the helmet and right after that play was when he went on the sidelines and was being looked at. Give me a sec i'll try to find a vid of it.

11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Like the NBA, we have gone "soft" to help invite more Europeans to our league."

12. abyzmul

There was definitely a little helmet-to-helmet pop, but it really didn't look like it warranted a flag. I get your point, though, if it was Brady, there would have been 3 flags and 3 caps on the ground. And probably a couple of socks, too.

13. OverloadBlitz

If it was Brady one of the referees would of probably shot babin. I just think that if the league is gonna be throwing out these fines/flags they need to start doing it consistently for everyone. Sanchez/Roethlisberger off the top of my head are a couple of QB's who very rarely get calls even when warranted.

14. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

a fine? ... for THAT hit? are you fucking kidding me?? it shouldn't have even been a penalty.
    This pompous jackass is single-handedly destroying the best sport ever invented. His head on a plate!!

15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

16. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I'll say it now and continue to preach it. The BIGGEST problem with the NFL are the referees. If I was the commissioner I would get rid of refs.

That said, I will admit that you need referees. Phantom holds, pass interferences and roughing the passers both called and not called get severely aggravating.

Perhaps, there is no real solution to the BIGGEST problem in the NFL.

17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If there is anything consistent with the refs, it is their inconsistency of their decision.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Where do you think the rules come from?

Get a clue.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Its the inconsistency of the leagues implementation and interpretation of the league.

Every year the nuance and grey area of QB hitting is changed or is tweaked in wording or emphasis. There hasn't been rule continuity for years, and this is the effect that is has on the league.

I hate everything the rules committee has done to this game. They've ruined a beautiful game, and yet its more popular than ever before. Fuck the NFL, and its retarded fans.

20. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

^ baseball is a beautiful game bc the officiating can't really interfere like in football. The consistency of calls in the NFL is like Obama winning a Nobel piece prize (shit doesn't make sense). pass interference, holding and roughing the passer are the most frequent inconsistent called penalties in the league.

It's a problem costing and creating w/l. I deplore officiating. There are like 3 refs I can stand.

Now, go suck a candy cane, and be happy! ;)