Calling Tom Brady a Crybaby is "an accurate statement"

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JStokes, Jan 19, 2016.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

No shock there. We all know it. Oh yeah, and like we all know, Gronk pushes off.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-tom-brady-a-crybaby-is-an-accurate-statement

Broncos DE: Calling Tom Brady a crybaby is 'an accurate statement'
    By Sean Wagner-McGough | Staff Writer

January 19, 2016 12:53 pm ET

The Broncos defense will be tasked with slowing down a Patriots offense Sunday that finally features two healthy weapons in Julian Edelman and Rob Gronkowski. To do so, the Broncos will need to make Tom Brady uncomfortable in the pocket.

Well, it's not even Wednesday, and the Broncos defense is already doing their best to land some shots. On Monday, Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall alleged that Gronkowski got open so often because he pushes off defenders. Then, defensive end Antonio Smithdecided to get in on the action, targeting Brady with a verbal jab.

According to The Gazette, which is based in Colorado Springs (the article also appeared in the Boston Herald), Smith was asked if Tom Brady is a crybaby. His response?

"That would be an accurate statement. I've never seen any quarterback look to the referee right after he gets sacked more than Brady," Smith said, per The Gazette. "Every time he gets sacked he looks at the ref like, 'You see him sack me? Was that supposed to happen? He did it a little hard. Please throw a 15-yard penalty on him. Get him fined.'"

If Smith's name sounds familiar, it's because he's the Broncos player who accused Ben Roethlisberger of trying to "pull the jedi mind trick" with his shoulder injury -- the same injury that Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib also didn't buy after the Broncos ended the Steelers' season last weekend. So, at least the Broncos' defenders are staying consistent. They're certainly not shy.

With that being said, Smith did give Brady a compliment -- well, kind of.

"He's not going to rattle just because you hit him hard. I've tried over the years," Smith said. "That's what D-linemen think: 'The harder you hit the quarterback, the better it will make it on the secondary.'

"With Brady, he's a great competitor. You know it's coming. He's going to cry about getting hit, but he's going to take the hit and keep going."

The matchup between the league-leader in touchdown passes and the league's top-ranked passing defense was already an enticing one. Throw in the fact that Peyton Manning might be taking on Brady for one final time and the game is clearly in a position to go down as an all-time classic.

The trash talk happening in advance of the game -- that's just a bonus.

_

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

"I hate that asshole." A. Cromartie.

3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Lol

How can anyone not like Cro? :)

4. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

He had a pretty 'good' season

But it's pretty easy to dislike him when he gets smoked

All the other stuff with Cro is fun though, and the man loves the Jets

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Walt & Vilma sorry if I read your posts wrong but I believe Dierking wasn't calling Cro an asshole so much as he was quoting Cro's take on Brady.

[​IMG]

6. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

Tom you're a wuss

Weeeeeeeeeee
    [​IMG]

7. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's all good. I like Cro for it :)

Is that Hilfiger in that gif?!? Wtf!?

Man, I'd love to see Denver batter him to a pulp.

Yep, I hate him too :D

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  8. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

'Brady throwing gay again'... Best thread ever

Royal Tee likes this.
  9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Brady might look like a tosser going down a marble/granite water slide at a 5-star resort, but he's also got a world-class model in a flimsy bikini who's "two little string tugs away" waiting for him....not sure this conveys what you intended.

Could also read like: "l'll order room service and then let's fuck all afternoon.."

[​IMG]

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Why are you posting videos of Caytlin Jenner?

11. Red Menace

You know they will put up 45 on Denvers defense now!!

Peyton Manning, in his condition is not going to be good enough to beat the Pats defense.

They better run the ball well or it will be a long day for the Denver defense.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Idk man.

I agree with you, Peyton doesn't look anywhere near himself, but I can not see that New England offense putting up big numbers against Denver in Denver.

That defense is stacked. Paired with the home field advantage and thin air, I can see Denver exploiting it and causing a few turnovers. The question is, can Manning play good enough to maximize the defensive side of the ball.

Should be interesting

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Gonna lose at least fracture Brady's collar bone...

Red Menace likes this.
  14. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Lets see here ..Bellichicken/ Pacheaters looked great against coach Andy and KC with their apparently easy sched

I do not think Pats are such a lock here away against a team that already beat them. Von Miller is hungry for win

Other than Ninkovitch the Pats D and pass D are hardly world beaters

The sucker bet is Pats . This smells like upset special unless Zebras gift wrap the game to NE

16. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Narrative change.

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Of course the Pats were ahead 21-7 in the first game, playing without Amendola and Edelman. They lost Gronk and Hightower during the game and probably still win if a rookie WR doesn't fumble a punt...

18. Red Menace

I know it's a good defense, but I have seen this tune before with this team, you have to be perfect on all sides of the ball to beat these guys.

Bill will play the field position game and make Peyton and that offense go the length of the field every time and I just don't think he has it in him.

The Denver defense will be spent by the end of the game.

I hope I'm wrong.

matt robinson 17 and JetsVilma28 like this.
  19. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Yeah, a real man rapes defenseless drunk chicks in the men's room while his posse guards the door.

BeastBeach likes this.
  20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

If they lost two of their best players the last game I dont think Amendola gets to do his tough guy act.

Should be a chippy grudge match. With Denver wanting a send off for Peyton. If NE wins I bet its a push or they dont cover