Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by displacedfan, Nov 13, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Came out today, 11/13/12. Anybody get it yet, any reviews? Mine is in the mail getting shipped to me.

I heard they redid how to do classes and also added in multiple zombie modes.

2. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I got it today for xbox. I can't give a review, because the game keeps freezing on the same exact spot. I thought maybe I just got a bad copy or something, but others are having the same problem.

Edit: Everyone problems with freezing seems to be for the ps3. I have the xbox version. I don't see anyone having problems with the xbox version. Maybe I just have a bad copy.

#2 NYGalPal, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  3. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I know people mostly get it for the multiplayer stuff but I want to know what the single player campaign is like. I really like the CoD campaigns. I played a lot of black ops but don't think I'm going to get into this new one yet, unless the single player campaign is really good then I might pick it up for that.

4. displacedfan

The campaign is now "elastic". Some decisions come back to change it the endings/progressions and sometimes you can "fail" a mission but instead of restarting it will just change the next mission into a harder/more interesting one. I haven't played yet, but that's from the reviews.

This goes in depth: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/13/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-review

5. displacedfan

That sucks. I would go back to the store you got it from (if you went to a store) and tell them about that. I would guess it's a slight scartch or something causing that.

6. Tight

Tight Active Member

halo 4 was phenomenal

7. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

I was underwhelmed at first but I admit it's growing on me a bit.

8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

just picked that up myself. only a bit into the campaign so far but love it so far.

9. displacedfan

Having a ton of fun on online multiplayer. Only have a couple issues:

-People are knifing me through my riot shield. Very annoying.

-UAV's spam the map and the perk to avoid this is level 55 and the counter uav score streak to avoid it takes a while to get. I'm not sure why they did this

10. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

So I picked this up last week and just beat the single player campaign. I liked it, I thought it was pretty cool. Some of the "future" weapons weren't as cool as I had hoped.

I'm just starting to play online (not even level 10 yet) and haven't tried zombies yet. Overall I really like it though. Some of the changes are kinda strange but some of them I like a lot. Not sure how prestige works this time around but I'm not sure if I'm going to play it frequently enough to find out this time :p

11. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

It's an alright game. I'm trading it into amazon though.

12. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

This was done to avoid "camping with ghost".
    They've also implemented - If you stay in 1 position without moving for more than 5 seconds, you will show up on radar when a UAV goes up, regardless of if you have ghost or not.
    This is the most balanced call of duty yet (in terms of multiplayer).

Halo doesn't compare to Black Ops 2.

13. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

Spawns are still a little messed up. They switch too often imo.

14. displacedfan

Definitely more balanced. Shotguns feel a little overpowered when using them, but not too much.

I love the idea of stopping camping with Ghost showing up if you sit still, but it still doesn't explain why you start with UAV but counter UAV and Ghost take so long to unlock. I guess on this prestige I'll keep Ghost unlocked forever. With the auto show up on the map when camping, might as well make it easier to unlock. I feel like UAVs are thrown up every 5 seconds from level 1-54 I can't really capture points or do anything without everyone knowing where I am.

The party games are still so much fun. Although I liked gun game without the constant UAV. It was more fun to see a bunch of red dots show up at once and try sprinting there. Now you spawn, someone sees you and waits for you as you turn a corner

The scorestreaks>kill streaks. I have seen much more team play and less people just going for their own kill streaks

15. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Pending which game type you are playing, the spawns are not as bad as the original black ops before the patch or MW3. MW3 being the worst IMO (I have spawned on top of claymores in this game). I actually find the spawns pretty good. People to tend to spawn behind you, but that seems to be more likely if your team rushes the enemy spawn (causing the flip).

I definitely understand the UAV spam being annoying. I unlocked Ghost rather early so it was never a big issue for me. Its the easiest streak to get, so most people run it.

I absolutely love the idea of score streaks. I think it just took the game to a better level. It truly rewards objective players.

The only thing this game lacks is the original black ops map style. These maps are a mix between MW2 and Black Ops. Too many 2 story buildings, not much open areas. It is weird, the maps cater to camping, but the game itself discourages it.

16. displacedfan

Good point on the maps. The thing I missed from MW2 is there was also some little trick or cool spot on every map. I haven't seen any in this game, maybe they are really hidden, but I think they just aren't there.

17. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

They just released new updates which make the UAV scorestreak 425 - which should decrease the spam. They also nerfed ALL SMGs. I hate when they mess with the guns. They are available for everyone to use so its not as if 1 person is using a gun no one else can use.

18. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

I wish they'd nerf quick scope sniping, it's too easy and too effective. one shot body kills when some SMGs need about 10 hits.

19. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

The new update is horrible. Not only are the SMGs really weak, the lag has picked up a lot.

If you guys ever want to play, let me know!