Bye Bye Sammy!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by semperfigreen, Jan 3, 2021.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Excuses excuses truth is he’s not very good

2. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Whose saying he deserves NO blame. Both him and Perriman are not not the same page. they are both at fault. Perriman ran his route into the coverage when if he breaks it off it's a pitch and catch.

This is coaching, Darnold, and Perriman not knowing how to adjust to coverages. Pretty simple to see.

3. BrooklynJetsFan

Any real #1 or #2 runs their route here! but JD signed Perriman. Fuck that guy! Perriman runs a route right into coverage. But it's all Darnold seeing GHOSTS ooooook!

[​IMG]

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Darnold should read the field and checked it down there...he couldn't help himself

5. BrooklynJetsFan

Explain to me why we are paying $8M to a Perriman to run into the coverage. I thought the goal of WRs were to get OPEN. Waiting for answers here other than Darnold threw another INT and he sucks!

It aint that simple boys.

I'm pretty sure Darnold is not thinking yeah Perriman is running the coverage on purpose so I shouldn't throw it him. Maybe he's running there because it looks open, so I should throw it there. Come on guys you're smarter than this.

I'm not Darnold apologist, that's plain as you see. Bad coaching, route-running, and young QB trying to bring his team back into the game.

6. BrooklynJetsFan

Their down two scores!

7. BrooklynJetsFan

yeah and when he checks down all game, everyone is like oh man he can't put up real numbers, only can dink and dunk. This route running is happening all game. not just on this play. Crowder is the only guy that find an open spot.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, we usually agree, but in this instance I disagree. We don't need the 2nd pick to have any more value. JD doesn't need leverage on the 2nd pick. He's taking a QB (Fields), not trading down.

Similarly, I don't want him setting the Championship game on fire. If he has a great game, Jacksonville may take him rather than Lawrence, and at this point, I'd rather have Fields than Lawrence. We don't need any options. IMO the right decision is staying put and taking Fields #2. I don't want anything tempting JD to do something other than what he should do.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Its about making his progressions, I don't want him dinking and dunking all game but pats were playing to protect the endzone

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

I disagree. He has mental flaws. Supposedly, Jordan Palmer, his QB Coach, has tried to get him to fix his footwork. He refused, saying that he was comfortable as he was. In addition, he's thrown a lot more interceptions in our division than he has against the rest of the NFL, so he's not studying film like he should or he's stupid. Thus, either he really isn't interested in putting in the work and doing what it takes to improve, or he's stupid. Either way, I've seen more than enough to know that he isn't the answer and never will be. It's time to move on.

#90 NCJetsfan, Jan 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  11. NCJetsfan

You can't change the ownership, and it would be totally stupid to fire Douglas! He is the only hope we have. Jets fans. SMH

12. NCJetsfan

BS! Just more lame excuses.

13. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

lol NCJetsfan doesn't hold back when he feels strongly about an issue, lol. :D

14. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I like Douglas, I've said it many, many times on here.

But ownership will screw up the situation with him. If the situation came around where we could get a complete overhaul of the organization, from top to bottom, I'd absolutely take it, though. This team's ownership will stand in the way of any potential success this franchise could otherwise achieve moving forward.

15. BrooklynJetsFan

Lame excuses when the evidence is right in front of you. lol.

that’s why we’ll be in forever rebuild. fans like you.

16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

From your mouth to JDs ears. At this point Fields has shown everything he had to show for ANY team that needs a QB to be absolutely ecstatic to take him with a top pick. Some people are saying he needs to light up Alabama, but I don't think this is necessary. It's highly likely Fields has at least a microfracture of ribs if not a full break. I just don't see how a human can take a direct hit like this with full speed and iron helmet going directly into one's rib where the guy's body bounces back and head still goes forward, and come out of this with just a bruise. That means he likely won't be able to practice much, and will be limited at the game, with super strong Alabama team knowing the guy cannot run and having 10 days to prepare for that.

I am only praying that TL and Fields declare at this point, because then we will have an outstanding prospect at QB, likes of which Jets fans simply have not experienced yet. This is a different level talent that comes out quite rarely, and we are very lucky to have the #2 pick at the right time to grab it.

17. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

Hilarious how fans are still making excuses for Darnold. He has had plenty of weapons the last half of the season and he can't get it done. Im convinced even if he had 3 pro bowl receivers he would be no better than average. The stats don't lie. He may be the worst starting QB in the league. He seems like the type who may not be very coachable. Like its been said, I personally don't want to find out. Time to move on.

Borat, 94Abraham, REVISion and 2 others like this.
  18. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Same old same old.

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Same old Sam DarnOLD

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Peace. You are assuming JD is sold on Fields. That’s great. I would be happy. My post however was based on the premise as I said “ if JD is not big on Fields” then the value of the second pick is crucial. Three days ago was TL or bust. Now is Fields taking the lead. For all I know he might like Wilson the best and try to trade down a couple of spots.