Bye Bye Sammy!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by semperfigreen, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Actually what more ints in than out tells me is that once a team has enough film on Darnold he is solved for them.

REVISion likes this.
  2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

3. Br4d

The team with the #1 pick can negotiate with anybody they want too 24 hours before the draft and even sign them.

There are several QB's that were already signed when the draft opened.

4. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

I know it was a joke saying they aren't even going to take the 15 minutes on the clock before handing in the card

Br4d likes this.
  5. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Joke saying they arent going to take the 15 minutes to sit there and waste time. No team has sent the pick up with the commish to open the draft (and nobody ever will)......just saying that's how sure I am Jax isn't considering anything but taking Lawrence.

6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

If he was on the Jets he’d have 1.5 sacks

REVISion and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I'm very sad for Sam and all the NYJ fans. I liked the kid.
    Our best hope was for Sam to finish on a very high note to give JD some serious leverage. So much for that. Sam's value is marginal at this point. What I saw was a QB with little confidence or drive left desperately forcing throws. The loss was on him and only him. JD has his work cut out if he is not big on Fields.
    WE JET FANS must hope and pray Fields sets the Championship game on fire with a stellar performance. Then our options and the value of the 2nd pick will skyrocket. Lets remain confident and do not for a minute underestimate the Jags for doing something crazy bad.

Jets79, ColoradoContrails and 88toon like this.
  8. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

9. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Sam is gonzo 100%

now it’s what can we get for him....

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

But a SHITLOAD of hidden production!:p

NCJetsfan and matt robinson 17 like this.
  11. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

We have no way of knowing this, but I truly believe Sam was ruined more than him just not being a good QB. I think he had what it took and once we got our hands on him, we started a 3 year process of ruining him with terrible coaching, terrible skill players around him and a horrible offensive line.

Freddy Mondo, FJF, Jets79 and 2 others like this.
  12. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Fields doesn’t need to set it on fire just be good and his stock will remain high. He just can’t shit the bed like he did against NW and Indiana

matt robinson 17 and 88toon like this.
  13. Br4d

It's going to take a high profile HC who wants Darnold as his QB to keep the Jets from taking a QB somewhere in the 1st.

The problem for Darnold is that he just hasn't played particularly well for the Jets. He's had flashes of greatness and he's turned the ball over too often.

This has happened for a lot of QB's who went on to be good to great but it takes a really invested management team and HC to get through the early yips and the Jets have had neither in place during Darnold's tenure.

Drew Brees and John Elway are the exceptions not the norm and Brees wound up leaving anyway even after he proved himself when an injury made him a questionable asset and his team had another good option.

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

In a year where there wasn't really any good QBs coming out I'd be more inclined to agree with you, and be on board for the Jets to try and resurrect him, but this path makes no sense now. There are at least 3 very good QBs coming out and 3 more that are better than Darnold was, plus he's on his 4th year of his contract comping up. It would be a classic SOJ move to hang onto him and gamble that the HC/CS they hire would be the actual geniuses needed to fix Sam. Keep in mind the last actual genius they had was over 20 years ago.

Get as much as you can for him and clear the decks for the next QB.

REVISion, NCJetsfan, 88toon and 2 others like this.
  15. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Well....I was hoping that Sam could be the guy, but today was brutal.

As has already been said here very well....he’s just never able to pick it up when we need it....another two bad picks, no ability to carry the team. He’s done here...that much is clear.

he’s had a shit OL and lack of weapons in his time here, yes, but he’s had decent receivers as of late, and the OL has been at least average, but he’s still playing like shit.

the funny part is that today, the team has looked like total shit just mailing it in. They’ve played hard up until now, but today this looked like a team that gave up.

of course....they have two meaningless wins and now they lay down.

Man this team sucks.

we need a new coach and a new QB.

NCJetsfan, K'OB and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

We need a new everything.

Nothing will change with this organization unless there is a top-to-bottom house cleaning, including ownership. Until then, it's going to be the same cycle. Fire coach, fire GM, ruin the QB, wash, rinse, repeat.

17. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Why doesn't the INT happen to Crowder or Herndon
    Nah I blame Gase more than anything else.
    It's a team game fellas. If you can't expect your WR to be where is supposed to be...why is Gase calling plays to said WR. I'm only mad at Darnold for forcing throws to Perriman, like the guy is good. He's a terrible route runner and Darnold and him are completely out of sync. I mean it's obvious to a blind man. even Flacco threw the INT to Perriman on the Pats last game. Coincidence?

Darnold throw to Crowder on the sideline looked like an INT, but guess what he's on the same page with Crowder so that'a completion. You morons calling me a homer...shut your face. you know nothing about football how QBs connect with their WRs.

18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

You can't possibly think that Sam deserves no blame for either INT. And he's lucky that sideline throw that Crowder caught wasn't picked.

19. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

So it’s Gase fault Sam throws his first INT into quadruple coverage and his 2nd pick into double coverage? Just stop with the nonsense at this point.

REVISion, 88toon, K'OB and 1 other person like this.
  20. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Watch the 2nd end zone INT. Any smart WR just runs straight up the field. Perriman has no feel for coverages. Help your QB out...just run into the middle of the field. It's wide open.