Build around Sam

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Feb 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

that's cause a year ago Wilson was a bum. Average DI QB. People that want him are really banking on this past season only, and that scares me personally, especially when I see that BYU schedule from this past season.

it would be like if Boise State scaled down their schedule in 2021 and this kid from Boise St., Hank Bachmeier who we've never heard of, lit them up. Suddenly he's worthy of the no.2 pick overall? hmmmm

#341 BrowningNagle, Feb 24, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  2. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I've got to say I've thought that a lot about Sam. Our line has been like swiss cheese.

3. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

trading down and going with Lance is something i find very intriguing and have mentioned a few times...

JohnnyP123456 and BacktoQueens like this.
  4. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

this thread suplies me with one or 2 adds to my ignore list per week

5. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

For those who want to build around Sam. Here is a friendly reminder.

NCJetsfan and REVISion like this.
  6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

That's no way to treat our 2021 starting QB who's about to sign an extension. Ur supposed to post his HIGHITES to get the fan base excited!

7. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Don't let them get to you. Darnold will be a star. It's a shame that we will probably trade him straight up for an overpaid Watson. Texans will come out smelling like roses with a HOF QB!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Borat, Footballgod214 and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

This is my preferred option as well.

I would keep Darnold in this scenario, as Lance should not be thrown in too soon, and I'd like to see what Darnold looks like with LeFleur.
    Win win.

9. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

would definitely be interested as well, but Carolina is the furthest back we could possibly trade without giving up a realistic shot at him

Losmeister likes this.
  10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

We'll send Sam to texas as part of the Watson trade. Texans go onto to a SB, while Watson leads the Jets to a dead last finish the afc for the next 4 years. That would be our luck!

11. bicketybam

Come back to reality, son.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Even Kiper has the Jets trading down. It seems that the whole league knows. But the good part is that there are several teams interested in the pick. He thinks Atlanta but Denver may be more likely. Playing teams against each other is the best spot to be in.

13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

EVEN Kiper? Have you seen his latest disaster known in some circles as mock draft? If anything this is the strongest indication yet we are keeping #2.

NCJetsfan, REVISion and bicketybam like this.
  14. hornblower

I know you want that but the people who know Joe Douglas think he will trade it.

15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I just have hard time envisioning JD taking a gamble on Sam turning things around in the 4th year. Not saying it is not possible, and I will go so far as to say Sam perhaps deserves another year with good coaching and better supporting cast to be 100% sure what he can be, but if you are betting man, it's just not something you bet your own career on. I can see the scenario where JD keeps Sam and still drafts Wilson to fully maximize chances at FQB, and has Sam start initially to further evaluate while rookie QB learns. However, I just don't see him trading out of QB selection when we have #2 overall pick and have one of the worst QB plays in the League last 3 years (whether there is a chance Sam can improve or not). To me this could be a career ending mistake, and every move JD made so far had sound logic behind it.

Bellys Lies and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. hornblower

I agree with the last sentence but if they are not going to pick a QB at #2 it makes no sense to keep it especially when so many other teams are at the table. After free agency teams will be making offers. We and the news media want news yesterday but there is a long way to go.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

It’s not just about 2021 though. He could have the mindset of taking a gamble on Sam while also keeping a ton of draft and cap flexibility for next year IF it doesn’t work out...while building a stronger team in the meantime

I’m not saying its the best choice but it’s atleast an option that I can’t really disagree with much, especially if he’s able to get a big haul for #2

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. bicketybam

I'd never gamble on Sam. Career suicide.

19. Kotite's Revenge

I am so intrigued by what JD will do. I read an article today that mentioned the QBs potentially available next year. What a horrendous pile of shit it was. There’s always someone or two that comes out of nowhere, but it looks nasty.

Looking at that list made me feel like it’s more likely than not he’s taking a QB at 2. Personally, I’d trade back but at some point you need a real QB.

Bellys Lies likes this.
  20. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

If the Jets go with this option, though not my first choice, I wouldn’t mind it at all, providing that they get couple extra high picks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.