Buffalo Bills 8-5 in last 13 games.........are we for real?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BuffaloBills06, Oct 10, 2011.

1. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

I hear some talk from Jets fans on these boards stating the Bills aren't for real and we've been winning with luck. If you look back to the 2nd half of last season and the 1st quarter of this season........we're 8-5 and one of those losses was an OT game against the Steelers that we should've won. This team def has it's issues especially on defense, but what NFL team doesn't this season? This is a new NFL where the spread offense and bend but dont break defenses are the new fad.........just so happens we are built to play in todays NFL.

The Jets on the other hand needs a new offensive approach. The ground and pound wont work in todays NFL............your defense wont work either not because of lack of talent which you guys have alot of, but because the days of having a dominant defense in the NFL is over because offenses are spreading the defenses out and forcing LBs, FS/SS and 3rd/4th CB to match up and cover. I think you'll see teams draft secondary and WRs alot earlier in the draft for now on.

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Time will tell for sure.

Yesterday was a sign of a good team. The 20 point comebacks are nice because they are wins for you guys but if the bills are gonna make a habit of going down double digits they won't be for real.

If they make a habit out of solid games like yesterday the will be for real.

3. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Much too early to tell. I doubt they maintain the pace of their winning ways, because that would put them at 12-4. I really see them at 8-8 or maybe 9-7 at best. But it's encouraging for Bills fans that they've own this much so far...

4. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

My only concern is our lack of playmaking ability at receiver. That was a concern of mine coming into the season and with Parrish and Easley being put on IR and now Donald Jones possibly missing a few games, it's now a problem. Stevie J has shown and proven he can be a true #1 as I have believed for 2 years! But after that, we have nobody. I mean whats gonna happen when we play the Jets and Dolphins? 2 teams with great CB tandems. We can only get away with these screens and dumpoffs to FJ for so long. First pick next year, I would like to see us get a beast at WR.

Defense I'm not worried about at all. As said, we are built on D for todays NFL. We have promising young talent in the front 7. Sheppard showed yesterday he can be an effective pass rusher. We will get McGee and Aaron Williams back soon hopefully.

Other team fans are not going to take us for real until we are still in the playoff/division race late into the season, which I think we will.

5. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

I'm a believer in the Bills' offense and there's no doubt Buffalo has been the "feel-good underdog" story of the season so far. But from a team standpoint, your only win away from Buffalo was at KC, and that was the opener. Great teams need to win games away from home.

You still have road games against the Giants, the Jets, the Cowboys, the Dolphins, the Patriots, and the Chargers. Win four of those and the Bills are legit badass. Win half of them and they'll probably be a playoff team.

Either way, you're not going to sneak up on anyone at 4-1.

6. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Well we have only played 2 games on the road so far and I hate to use the word "shoulda" but we shoulda coulda woulda won that other game in Cincy. In week 10 we have a 3 game stretch on the road @ Cowboys, Dolphins, and Jets. That will be tough, hopefully we are playing better as a defense by then. I still say we got a realistic good shot at going 11-5. Week 17 Bills/Pats matchup could have a huge difference on the playoff picture for several teams.

7. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

At this point I'd be surprised if the Bills didn't make the playoffs.

8. BuffaloBills06

All 5 of those games are winnable. The key as Marv Levy put it........"Go undefeated at home and split on the road and you'll make the playoffs everytime". If we do this we wont have to worry about going on the road in the playoffs, we'll have home field thruout most likely.

9. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Week 17 could indeed be big. And don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to diminish anything the Bills have done so far. I just think "getting a win on the road against a quality opponent" should be on the check-list of legitimacy.

True, which is why I said if you go .500 on the road you're a playoff team. I know the Cincy loss was just one game, but let's face it, that's not a very good team. Beating the Giants this week will get the Bills closer and should erase at least some of the questions.

10. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Home field throughout? If you go undefeated at home and win half your games on the road, you will be the wild card in the AFC East. Having said that, I don't think there's a chance you'll win all 5 of your remaining home games. While it's an easy schedule, any given Sunday...

#10 New England Patriots, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  11. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Hahahahahaha. Great screen name.

12. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Well are 5 remaining home games are the Skins (Toronto), Jets, Titans, Dolphins, and Broncos. We should be favored in about 4 if not all 5 of those games. The Jets will be the toughest, I wish we played them now instead of week 9. If we are going to contend, we will HAVE to win atleast 4 of those because the remaining road games will be tough.

13. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

The Bills are 1-1 in the last 2 games. A .500 team. Whoopty-doo.

14. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Beats 0-2 in the last 2 games. A 0.00 team. Schottenheimer FTW! :smile:

15. BuffaloBills06

I think the Bengals are better than you think. They have a very good defense, a solid running game, a stud WR and very good TE. Bengals only issue is their young, but they are a pretty good team and they are 3-2 with the #1 defense in the NFL.

16. BuffaloBills06

You guys lost to the Raiders and Patriots............didn't we beat those 2 teams?

And we're an .800 team not .500.......learn to do math.

17. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

How much faith do you have in Fitzpatrick? I think you guys rise and fall with his QB play. And my memory is shit, but I recall him seeming like the second coming once before (maybe when he was with the Bengals0, but then unraveled quickly. Though I could be completely wrong here.

18. LolTolhurst

LolTolhurst Banned

Bills offense is going to be averaging 17 ppg till Donald Jones comes back. We have no deep threats. If he's just out for 4 weeks then we can survive, since we won't be playing any offensive juggernauts in the next month:

@Giants - Schizo team, anything can happen
    Bye
    Redskins - offense sucks
    N.Y. Jets - inconsistent offense.

If the Bills can go at least 2-1 before their 3-game roadie then they have an outside chance at the playoffs.

At the end of the day I just don't see how we continue to score points w/o Easley, Parrish, and Jones.

19. VernonGholston

VernonGholston New Member

The NFC EAST is garbage. Take a look at the wins they have - Arizona, Rams, other teams in the division. Plus, there are match-ups with the Fins and Jets. The schedule is not really that hard.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Well duh...if he actually said that then it may explain his superbowl record.