Bryce Petty

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dierking, Nov 13, 2016.

1. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Bright future based off of what exactly?

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This can be said about practically any offensive game plan. But sometimes your personnel dictates what plays your offense is capable of executing and some plays just aren't reasonable to be expected to be executed. Gailey only plays to the strengths of his personal about half the time, many times less, and when it's not working, he's always late to adjust.

Case in point, running middle to wear down the Dline , but is it smart to do it over and over again with a perimeter running and receiving threat like Forte behind a subpar Oline? Yeah, they're not executing that. Fucking shocker, that.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  3. Jets88Fan

Jets88Fan New Member

He looks like a young Sam Bradford to me. He has inexperience, but I see potential in him.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You remind me of a young PhillyStacKz

5. Jets88Fan

Jets88Fan New Member

I'll stop lol. I am a Jets fan, just saddened where this season has gone and has for the last good while. Thought being funny would lift our moods :(
    Anyway, sorry haha. I should stop though because going to far would be stupid on me. Its better to stop when people look back and say "oh he was stupid" and not "I hate that guy"

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You got a solid point no doubt here, but they are using Powell more as the receiving threat out of the backfield, and Powell has been really solid also. Forte has 23 catches this season, and Powell has 36. I was hoping to see more formations with them both in the back-field to create an element of surprise. The run game, I agree hasn't been very creative, but I think our QB has missed far too many wide open receivers and big plays down the field too. I don't think Gailey is AS bad as people have indicated. The offense has no rhythm what-so-ever.

A QB that can see the field wins the game against the Bengals, Chiefs, and Rams game. Jets win those game, the blame on the OC would be far less don't you think? Each game there have been several big plays left on the field, is that Gailey's fault that Fitz overtargets Marshall and blindly ignores other receivers?