Browns to Cut Josh Gordon (Traded to Pats)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by FJF, Sep 15, 2018.

1. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

TRUE, if these guys were to bring Gordon under their collective wing and watch out for him he may learn from them.....or it could all blow up in his face.

There's no way anyone will commit a huge amount of resources to him at this point in his career. It should be explained that this is his last chance or he's gonna wind up selling cars again.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

Fuck bell. Turned down 14m and went public all summer on social media.

Fuck mack. Not enough picks to fix equally important spots as it is.

Fuck Gordon. He's being released 2 games in for being more important than the team.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

this was literally 8 days ago

I don't want him on NE where WR is their biggest issue right now. gorden and edelman coming back fixes that instantly

4. Fuck bell..Best RB in football who wants to get paid like it

Fuck Mack..arguably best defender in football who offsets simply plugging holes on paper

Fuck Gordon..low risk high reward for an exceptionally rare offensive talent whod be forced to earn his keep w the team’s depth at WR

I can understand 1..but not all 3..im sorry.We’re not getting to the promised land sitting on our hands & drafting boy scout OL then thinking we’re suddenly good enough.The team needs difference makers.Theres 3 above.Risk management is part of building a winner.Wake up

Jets81 and STARoSCREAM like this.
  5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Can you not get him for half a joint ?
    It will save wasting a third rounder on him.

6. David-The-Meats-Harris

Lol I know you've been watching this team a long time. I know it sucks not chasing play makers, but 1 addition doesn't really help all that much when there are so many holes.

Bell was on Twitter all summer talking shit. His team mates blasted him in the media. Never seen that before.

Mack never showed up to a team with a vet hc. Not to mention they'd be playing golf during the draft next year.

Gordon is the only one out of the 3, that wouldn't cost a damn fortune and he's off breaking team contract policy, getting hurt while doing a side gig.

None of these solutions are as amazing as they seem on the surface.

7. STARoSCREAM

excellent points

we already missed out on Mac

The difference between Bell and Gordon is Bell will cost a hell of a lot more than Gordon, but has played (and produced) the past 2 seasons

Gordon will be cheap and cost a draft pick but will be dirt cheap for his possible talent, and has only shown flashes the past 2 years

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

"everyone has a drink now and then" ahaha

Bowles will hand Gordon some of his zombie trance pills and help him rehab that way

hastygreen likes this.
  9. NYJetsO12

AHAHAHAHA

Double Secret Probation was for Belushi and Animal House

10. David-The-Meats-Harris

If you'd been following bell on social media, I think you'd feel differently about him.
    Would anyone venture to say Pittsburgh has a better o line? So he turns down 14m, makes himself look like a jerkoff and would likely command 18-20 to shut him the fuck up.

Giving away 2 first rounders for mack. Just no. They'd take day 1 and 2 of the draft off. It's just nuts at this point in time.

11. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Wow, one of 3 catches on the day. I'm so impressed.

Browns already said they want to trade him outside of AFC. I doubt Patriots get him. I also doubt he is a difference maker on any team that trades for him.

12. STARoSCREAM

easy big guy, I would never condone paying anyone other than a QB 18-20 mil

and i still think the Raiders won the Mac trade by now having 4 1st rounders in the next 2 drafts

Im saying that of the 3 Gordon has the best risk/reward ratio

13. NYJetsO12

I have mixed feelings about this guy...the Jets are already becoming the scrub capital of the NFL

Getting Gordon would enshrine us as the official NFL Homeless Shelter

14. David-The-Meats-Harris

Lol that's about what he'd want.

I agree, Gordon offers the least risk. Let's face it, he probably hurt his hammy on purpose to get away from the shit sandwich hue is dishing up

15. The reality is the only way to get playmakers is by drafting them(extremely difficult esp for Jets) or one of them shaking free via FA,release or trade. And when they shake free there is almost certain to be risk attached to it bc there is always context behind it & its usually high profile given the player’s status. Somewhere down the line calculated risk has to come into the equation or you simply end up w no playmakers.

Again..i understand apprehension on some of the names.I myself had pause w every name..but at some point you gotta bite the bullet. I have 100% more confidence in the jets fixing the OL then i do them finding playmakers..esp on offense..

The way folks are just immmediately passing on these premier names..its like wait a minute..are we watching the same team??

FTR of the 3 i choose gordon bc the salary is cheapest,the risk is minor,the on field fit is optimal & the upside is a #1 WR for pennies on the dollar

16. David-The-Meats-Harris

I agree with all of this. At some point they're going to need to man up and get some big names. I think if we had a 2nd rounder the mack trade would have been more palatable.
    Gordon could be trying to get out of Cleveland. Not likely, but if I was actively seek termination from any organization it would be the browns.

Bell, he just sickened me with his posts. For a position with such a short shelf life, and a massive attitude, I'm more than happy to pass on him. And that's why he wants to be paid now. He just should have handled it better.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

A comparable trade is the Jets trading a 5th rounder for Holmes. Holmes had a lot less problems and more consistent productivity. Gordon has more upside but much greater risk. A 5th seems like too much. A player rather than a draft pick like Pryor or Kearse seems more reasonable given the risk.

I love the idea of Gordon hypothetically but not in reality. Most likely, he will never contribute. Better to wait until his new team gets tired of him. The Jets are all about 2019 and on. I don't see the odds being good that Gordon becomes a long term contributor.

Lastly, NY or LA are probably the worst environments for a guy with his addiction problems. That being said I hope he proves me wrong.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No. With no 2nd round pick in the 2019 draft and bigger needs on the OL and edge rusher, there's no way in hell I would give up our 3rd round pick for a WR, even one as talented as Gordon.

#118 NCJetsfan, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Pretty bad post here. Can someone who he hasn't blocked ask him what the heck he's talking about?

20. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Personally I think a third is too high given the risks, but not if there are strict conditions attached to it, allowing the Jets to cut him for pretty much any reason all season and get (almost) their original pick back. I imagine Cleveland could do better than that, so I wouldn't see it happening.

I think a straight up trade for a 3rd round pick would not be a good idea.