Bridgewater traded to the Saints

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BroadwayAaron, Aug 29, 2018.

1. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Too risky. What if he got hurt again? Very possible and then we would've gotten ZERO.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Mehta trying to stay relevant?

3. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Those of you who think we could’ve gotten more than a 3 now or later are nuts

jonnyd and NYJFOREVER like this.
  4. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

Jets also send NO a 6th rd pick + Teddy

5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Fine with me.

6. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Teddy and a 6th for the 3rd

Nothing is guaranteed in this league, especially with injury. I wanted to old onto him a bit longer but at least we got some return. More ammo to trade for a pass rusher?

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Gave up a 6th, which is understandable considering the Saints gave up fair value given Teddy is on a one-year deal and has played 3 meaningless games in the last two years. But I'm suuuuure we'll bitch about it!

Pags2112 likes this.
  8. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I think it's a serious possibility. We know the interest is there clearly, now we see Teddy moved abruptly and through reading the tea leaves it seemed like he was going to stick around and Mac holdout for a larger return. But as stated, thats me inferring.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Still not bad for a 3rd in exchange. We never do shit in the 6th rd. anyway. What pick is that anyway...180ish?

10. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

How's he going to get hurt carrying a clipboard at practice?

11. McAllister

McAllister Active Member

Lets just wait and see...... If Bridgewater brings a Superbowl to NO half of you will change your mind. If he comes in and ruins the Saints season, the other half will change your mind. On the surface, its a very reasonable deal, and we got as much as we couldve asked for at this time. If the plan was to start Sammy franchise from day 1, then no, Bridewaters value would not have increased from sitting on the bench all year, while we hope and pray Brees/Rodgers/Newton goes down.

SOJAZ likes this.
  12. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Peebag likes this.
  13. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Eli gets hurt tomorrow and you're telling me the Giants wouldn't give their second for him? You're in denial.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Oooh, I was close! Good deal, IMO. Move up from the 6th round to the late 3rd for Teddy. I can dig it.

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

IF there is NOT more to this deal I absolutely hate it. I am hearing we also gave up a 6th round pick along with Teddy BUT CANNOT CONFIRM. IF this is all they got and there is no OTHER TRADE OR PIECE it is typical Jets. I will wait to hear more but on the surface I effing hate this trade.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. Catfish Billy

Nope. It’s not worth it.

Also what if Teddy gets hurt?

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Problem is a 1st and 3rd for Mack would leave no capital for a premiere OL in the 2019 draft. Also, there's no guarantee any OL will sign with the Jets in FA. Buffalo will also be in high contention for OL in FA...I don't know man...

NCJetsfan and Cman68 like this.
  18. Catfish Billy

You’re ridiculous.

Would any of you give more than a 3rd for Teddy? If you say yes, you’d make a terrible GM.

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree with your point that if no starting QB gets injured, Teddy's trade value decreases. I don't agree that just because he's still on the team that it necessarily would have created a QB controversy if Darnold struggles. For certain, even though he wants to be a starter, Teddy's not the type to create problems. He's a team-first guy. I think if anything, that Teddy would help steady Darnold. IMO Darnold would have to play absolutely terribly for any QB controversy to arise. Every player on that team and the fanbase all know that Darnold is the future. Even if Darnold struggled badly, the Jets replaced him with Teddy, and Teddy led the Jets to the playoffs, I don't think the Jets would have re-signed Teddy to be the guaranteed starter. If anything they might try to sign him to compete for the starting job. If Darnold does struggle badly, he probably needs to sit anyway. He's still young and could learn by watching for a season. With Teddy gone, we'd better pray that Darnold stays healthy behind our OL.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

What planet are some of you on? The Giants who are a year removed from 3-13 and need young bodies are going to give up a second for a guy who will be a free agent and who they almost certainly wouldn’t re-sign?

NYJFOREVER and Cman68 like this.