Brian Winters, OG, is a Jet.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Axel3419, Apr 26, 2013.

1. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Well Idzik just fired them so what does that tell you?

2. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Preferred Warford but felt Jets had no shot @ him if they went elsewhere in the 2nd round. Was surprised how long he stayed on the board though. Warford is a stud. imho, Warford in 2nd round is a better value than Warmack or Cooper in the 1st round.

=====
    At the same time, I'm alright with the Winters pick. Didn't research him much before the draft but I'm liking everything I'm learning/reading now.

3. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

My fav pick of the entire draft. Not sure if that is saying a lot of good things about Winters or a lot of bad things about the rest of the draft.

Let's go with both.

4. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Hate to use the forbidden 'trade up' word but I would've liked to see us snatch up Warford when he fell an entire round and almost made it back to us. Still Winters seems to show potential however he gets lost pretty often on blocking assignments in pass pro. Hopefully he can win the starting LG spot and Mangold/Brick can school him up and keep him blocking the right guys. A promising pickup but it's still bittersweet that we could've plugged in a more polished day one starter at guard over a few slots in the third round.

5. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

Oh fuck him! He's a bust unless he can play rt, rg, and lt at the same time!