Brian Schottenheimer is the frontrunner at the moment

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Kramer, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Salz

Salz New Member

Please, he's not getting hired. Keep him around as QB coach or something. We have so many more guys to interview still. It's apparent that Schottenheimer is a smooth interviewer because he impressed Mangini as well. He talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk.

2. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

You know I never really understood where people were coming from when they said that they would no longer be a fan of the team if certain things happened but after hearing all this crap about this clown I think I can understand the sentiment. Can he really be a serious candidate? This would be like saying Hackett was the frontrunner for the HC job a few years ago. I can't even begin to wrap my head around it. The guy is an utter failure as a coordinator and should've been dismissed immediately after the season along with Mangini.

3. GeorgeCoztanza

GeorgeCoztanza New Member

There's no need to go nuts. This means nothing. The only other two guys who have interviewed so far were Callahan, who was an awful HC, and Spagnuolo, who has been preparing mainly for three potential opponents for next week, not to interview with the Jets.

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I've always wondered. What's with your avatar?

5. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

I've always wondered that myself too.

6. sayuki

sayuki New Member

The baby chicken is very cute!!! (^-^)

7. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

It's chicken little. The sky is falling etc

8. sayuki

sayuki New Member

But that is children's movie!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's ok, I like chicken little too! \(^-^)/

9. Bizprof

Bizprof New Member

This has to be spin. No one is this stupid. Serious question fellas, who here would still root for the Jets if Schittenheimer jr is coach?

10. JetsLookingforDWare

Lets see...a surprisingly good '06 offense...a shit '07 offense but then a pretty damn productive offense in '08 topping 400 (405) points.

But yea. The team played bad games and barely missed the playoffs. He's shit.

11. sayuki

sayuki New Member

Brian shotenhimer as head coach will not be very good for Jets because he is too young for the job. Mangenius was also young coach with potential!

12. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I agree, BUT I don't think the two necessarily go together.

What I mean is, great coordinators don't always make great head coaches since It is a different job. I think this franchise saw that none more obviously than when we let Walt Michaels go and replaced him with Joe Walnuts. At the time, we were disappointed with the AFC Championship loss to Miami, and it seemed exciting to have Walton take over. He was considered to be a great offensive coordinator and we didn't want to lose him. Turned out, he was not as successful as a head coach. The offense changed when he was in charge and not just calling plays. Let's invert that theory...

Maybe young Schott possesses head coaching skills and we should not base our evaluation of him as a potential HC on what we thought of the opening drive play calls in Oakland. Having said that, he still wouldn't be my choice, but I'm telling myself I can't base my opinion solely on a Favre deep pass picked off on a 3rd and one.

Now that I mentioned the Walt Michaels firing after a winning season, doesn't this season have a bit in common with that one? I mean, how many Jets coaches get canned after a winning season? That one led to regression for a few years. Hope this one doesn't. Gotta admit, I am concerned.

13. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

How quickly we forget game 2, against N.E.

14. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

That's what I was guessing. LOL, that could not be more appropriate for a Jets forum.

15. Salz

Salz New Member

That point total is deceptive because they got a lot of those in blow out wins. The offense had no rhyme or reason most of the season. He ran the ball when he should have passed and vice versa. His playcalling was shoddy at best. To much trickery. Is there any Jets coach who you won't defend?

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I will never be more angry with this franchise if they hire Brian Shitty Schottenheimer as HC

17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Exactly, you can have an opinion that he was terrible or what have you but..........if you take out the top 2 games and carry the 2 and divide by 6, take out the 4th quarter on every third game of the month, this offense only averaged 15 points a game. You see Schottenheimer sucks. My god can someone come up with a dumber more insignificant stat to back up an argument?

EDIT:Fact of the matter the team did score 405 points chop it up anyway you want. Why cant people complain about indisputable facts.............. Spreading the field with no RB constantly on 3rd and short. Giving Leon Fing Washington 1-2-3 carries for too many games. How about giving up on the run against horrid run defenses or running on horrid pass defenses. It seems like many times the offense did the opposite of what it should. How about the sudden appearance and then disappearance of Keller. Yeah complain about what you want but giving and taking away points in blowouts is a patently stupid and pointless when there are so many other things you can bring up that were questionable.

#38 Miamipuck, Jan 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  18. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Key word in the article... "EARLY" favorite. We barely started the interview process.

19. Salz

Salz New Member

Don't forget about points off great special teams returns or turnovers. Again, the more important thing is consistency. The offense has never had any consistency during Schottenheimer's tenure. I am surprised him and Sutton aren't fired. I'm even more surprised (and disgusted) that he's a leading candidate to be head coach. I'm worried that even if he isn't hired, the new head coach will be forced into keeping him, perhaps even with a promotion. (Think the Rex Ryan situation last year). This doesn't look good.