Brian Costello (NY Post) just hit it out of the park

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wewantsapp, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

But how do you look to Cannizzaro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

This is absolutely true. I firmly believe that if it wasn’t for the fantasy football nonsense the NFL would be in financial trouble. The product on the field is absolute shit. Teams all run the exact same offense and the exact same defense. Coaches are unable or unwilling to offer any innovation. Any college or CFL game is more interesting and fun to watch than any given NFL game. They better pray that fantasy football doesn’t lose its cachet.

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yes

And whether you go to a game or watch on TV it's still a shitshow

How ownership gets people to buy PSls and Season tickets to Jets is beyond my comprehension

You live in AZ? Let me tell you the high end NY real estate is far from correcting

I know folks here in DE who come here to retire and then want to go back to Westchester and NJ but are stuck because home values are astronomical in Northeast

4. NYJetsO12

+100

The owners of Jets and Knicks are profiting while fans are left holding the bag

To hell with them, until things change I won't be going to MSG or Met Life in the near future

I am not a total downer however ahaha

The one bright spot is the dumb brothers pushed the hire button on Joe Douglas ..I am hopeful that with his prior success with Eagles he can get us good players and if necessary a good HC

#44 NYJetsO12, Oct 3, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    JetsNation06 likes this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

There are a lot of legit criticisms about the NFL, but this isn't one of them.

Acad23 likes this.
  6. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Yeah let's relieve these paid professionals of any expectations. It's okay guys you were dealt a bad hand. The boogeyman Mike MacCagnan put us here.

It's gonna be alright we'll just pretend they're all on scholarship here. 3-4 years rebuild.

Got it.

7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

this article isn't saying anything that most of the posters on this board have been saying for an age - we can't draft to save our lives, we focus on the wrong positions, we make poor choices in free agency and the team generally sucks outside of a handful of players

JetsNation06, Wahoo and FJF like this.
  8. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Biggs, where do you live in AZ? I live in N. Scottsdale....

9. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

You’re right: I shouldn’t have said “exact”, that was a poor choice of words. But if you don’t believe all the NFL teams run the same general systems with slight variations, then we will have to agree to disagree

10. Most of the losing seasons have been about piss poor talent or injuries.Either a few star players w nothing around them or just a bunch of jags & no stars..quite often with aging players.

The solution to all of this is to draft & develop better.Rick Lyle was a tough sob & a decent Jet but how long has he been the director of player development?The main object of player development dept is to make sure the Scouts & coaching staff are on the same page through both selecting as well as developing talent;Could there be a bigger failure in that regard than Idzik/Rex & Mac/Bowles?

Treating the draft as a crapshoot & being apathetic to the process doesnt work.Putting a solid plan in motion with the right people in place who understand talent & drafting to a specific prototype does.And you stick to that prototype as much as possible including through different coaching hires.Being a Jet has got to mean something for the scouting dept to have success. Analytics,raw draft grade & generic athleticism will not work.Thats what every single perennial contending has.You know what a Steeler linebacker,Ravens OL,Pats WR, Packers DL look like.

This is what the johnsons need to fix.Firget trying to fix it all w a miracle worker.pick an identity & Get the draft bullshit fixed.

#50 KurtTheJetsFan, Oct 3, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2019
  11. NYJetsO12

I was watching Thurs Night Football for a while and observing how a brilliant young Coach operates

McVeigh had the Rams running reverses and using all receivers for Goff The running plays for Gurley were also good. They were down 10 points before halftime and next thing you know it's only a 1 point lead for Seattle

Had Goff run a QB draw for 2 point conversion in 3rd that almost worked

Most important, after losing 55-40 at home to Bucs last weekend McVeigh took full responsibility and didn't throw any player under his he bus...not something Gase could bring himself to do imo

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Yeah, but other than that, we are pretty good.

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

We're neighbors.

14. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Me too.

15. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

there's sound reasoning behind this too. Many great teams are built inside-out. OL for example, if they're any good, can have reasonably long careers. That length provides a runway to keep drafting OL, have the next generation develop and not be pressed into immediate action demanding immediate impact. The old Redskins were awesome at this. They'd draft guys in the later rounds who were undersized but had great feet. They felt they could put size on them, but not teach footwork as easily. Few years later they'd be a "hog". That line in turn would protect a QB and give the guy a chance to think. Would also make RB look great. Steelers do this too. Moreover, since those guys had a plan of what to look for in later rounds, players they could mold -- they didn't need to rely on first rounders, and when they went first round they rarely missed.

Same can be true for DL at least in part. Many teams have had stout interiors without relying on high picks. (Man I miss Snacks) Edge is a different story

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The bold has been the recurring flaw in the Jets for decades. They don't have a blueprint of what kind of player they're looking for. The "BPA" priority ignores this fundamental aspect completely. You might as well throw darts at the board - and isn't that the results we see?

I do think - based on his experience in the organizations he came through, as well as being a college OL - that Douglas has a plan and a blueprint, and over time he'll build the kind of consistent winner that we're starved for. In the short term, I just want to see the most that can be made out of the mess left by Macc and Idzik, and the requires competent coaching. So far, I haven't seen that part.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

They have talent and depth at every position, we do not. Granted, McVeigh has gotton alot out of Goff.

Added bonus has a model gf.

18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Add Adam Gase is a bad coach to that list as well...

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Who the hell is David Delaney?

[​IMG]

20. Dylan donahue..David Delany is apparently nobody..