Brett Favre was a mistake...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Sep 22, 2008.

1. uberchink

uberchink New Member

overreacting whether pessimistically or optimistically is never good. you shouldn't expect favre to throw 2 INTs every game or to throw 6 TDs every game. just know he's still a good QB and be happy he's on your team.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

ok good ponts... then lock the thread and sticky it. :grin:

3. The GM

The GM New Member

Hemi - eat some crow.

4. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Nobody who loves the NYJs likes to lose, and losing doesn't always bring out the best in fans. Disappointed fans sometimes need to blame somebody, anybody, just to react.

But this is not a one - night sprint, or a quarter by quarter relay.

This NFL stuff is a marathon, and each season the team has to figure out who it is, what its opponents want to do about it, and how to win at this.

Sometimes winning teams don't figure it out so fast, and early on they look far different than what they become.

Did anybody see the Redskins get zonked by the Giants earlier this month? If you did, then you had to marvel when they went into Texas Stadium and beat the Cowboys tonight.

The Cowboys for example always look pretty good for the longest time during the early and middle season.

For some reason, though, they have a reputation, earned, that they fold like a cheap billfold as the season comes down to its short hairs.

Nobody in his right mind would have ever dreamed that the NYGs would be contenders in December -- let along win eleven straight on the road to close out the season and beat the Pats in the last game?!

Long way to go.

Lot's of fun ahead.

So glad it's the bye and we're not worse than 2-2!

5. Phear

Phear New Member

lol so who thinks he was still a mistake? :)

6. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Hemi actually came back and posted he still thought Favre was an overall negative for the Jets in the big picture -- go back a couple pages. And someone else posted that because it was the cardinals, it doens't mean anything.

7. 4transplant4

4transplant4 New Member

I can't think of many teams that needed a QB like Brett Favre more but for so many of whose fans don't appreciate what he has to offer any less. As someone who's followed his career for so many years, I think it's ridiculous and disgusting.

8. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

I wouldn't say the Jets have better weapons. Jennings will be one of the elite WRs in this league for years to come. Anyone who has watched Donald Driver play week in and week out knows how good he really is.

9. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

Disagree. The Jets' RBs may not be great but they're very solid guys. Open some holes for them and they'll get you some yards and they can pass catch as well. I liken Thomas Jones to Edgar Bennett. Nothing spectacular but does everything well. Washington has some big play abilities. These RBs are good enough to win with. Everything revolves around the play at the line of scrimmage whether its offense or defense. Kris Jenkins proves it when he's in the game and when the O line protects and run blocks we get to see how many plays this offense is capable of making.

10. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

More like...eat some shit...horse shit!

11. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

only an idiot would say favre was a mistake

12. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Hey, we appreciate your thread alot. Can you write similar stuff about Coles, Cotchery, Thomas Jones, Stuckey, Keller, OL, Revis, Lowery, Rhodes, Harris, Pace, Gholston, Jenkins, Thomas, Ellis, Nugent, Ben, Clemens and even Ratliff please.

I will be awaiting those threads and will greatly appreciate it if you can make those threads titled " xyz Was a Mistake" and that "I almost bought into the hype on this board" for all those players I mentioned.

The SuperBowl will be ours for years to come....nice evaluation @$$wipe!!

13. Blue Moose

Blue Moose New Member

If I'm not mistaken, Brett's the NFL's passing leader coming out of week 4 with 12 TDs vs 4 INTs. Not too shabby for a guy that's about to turn 39. I've been following him since he was 17, so I'm not at all surprised.

14. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

I disagree with you. Several CHADANISTAS are pretty wise and smart. They just can not help themselves when it comes to Sir Chadwick the Great! Every other QB on the JETS sucks according to them! They refuse to allow any other QB to grow and try to win a SB for the JETS! Only CHADWICK will do. Pity them! IMO if Sir Chadwick was at the helm yesterday, we would have lost! Yet the CHADANISTAS would be happy because CHAD would have thrown for a TD and got 3 more points via a FG. Then they would have made excuses for him and blame Hackett, Schotty, Eric, Duh Herm etc or whoever they could. It was never Chads fault and still isn't according to the wise Chadanistas!

#554 Kentucky Jet, Sep 29, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  15. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Right now Brett is only one TD behind Tom Brady's TD pace of 2007. Coles dropped a TD in Miami, he dropped one yesterday and if Mangini would have let Brett take a shot in the endzone against NE when the Jets had a first and goal from the three yard line in week 2 he would be ahead of Brady's TD pace of 2007. How exciting is that?

Brett had never thrown 6 TD in a game before. He did it yesterday with Coles, Cotchery, Keller etc.

Brett is on pace for a HUGE season.

More TDs from Brett = more wins for the New York Jets.:)

16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

So now you are predicting multiple SuperBowls? Wow, and people think I am nuts.

17. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

This thread is proof-positive as to just how bad some threads in the main forum can be. Talk about knee-jerk reactions...

18. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I have GM, multiple times already.

I'll take eating crow over losing anyday. Glad to be wrong.

Now let's see some consistency and get a winning streak going.

19. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Another internet tough guy, grow up!

20. 611LWC

611LWC New Member

Koz, I could not agree with you more. When the Jets got Forave regardless of his knid of free wheeling feast or famine style, they upgraded the QB position significantly. Yesterday he threw six TDs, he may have a game where he throws four pics. As bad as the Charger game was Monday Night, do any of you think we would have fared any better with Clemmens or Pennington? I don't think so. At the end of the day, the Jets are more competitive and more fun to watch. If we can play solid football we should have a decent year.