Brett Favre was a mistake...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Sep 22, 2008.

1. southwestjet

southwestjet New Member

If it's going to take Favre four, or even six more weeks to get the offense - this is just a wasted season!!

Might as well put in "THE RAT" Ratliff and mold the future.

Did management not see this coming? Where's the foresight? This whole situation REEKS of TOTAL desperation, KOTITE-ISH and is about to blow up in the Jet's face.

2. uberchink

uberchink New Member

i think you need to look up the word "objective"

3. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Throws it up for grabs constantly? Lets see. His firts TD pass the game was still winable.

His second TD pass - the game was still winable. It was a three posession game when he scored, and if they coverted teh 2 points, it would been a two possesion game with plenty of time.

His third? Ok, I'll give it to you that it came during garbage time, but guess what - Favre wasn't responsible for any more then 14 Charger's points. So, who allowed the other 34?

You can't expect your defense to give up 34 points nad be winning a lot of games, no matter who is your QB.

4. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

A wasted season? You have virtually a cake walk the next 4 games, and could be staring at 5-2 by the time favre finally fully gets the system. You virtually play 4 teams that are the quality of the Dolphin's from week one. Just saying, you can and should win the next 4.

So, Favre will have the offense down just in time to beat the good teams left on the schedule. So, this is a wasted season because your 1 - 2 and favre threw a couple ints AGAINST THE CHARGERS! OH NOEZ!

5. HarmCityJet

HarmCityJet New Member

"objective" in the sense that I was pretty ambivalent about the Favre acquisition.

I but just as I watched him punch the Giants ticket to the Super Bowl last year and lay down for the Jets at the last regular season game in 2002 to give us the AFCE, I now watch him carelessly "gunsling" the ball to the team with the other jersey.

6. S+M=S Giants

S+M=S Giants New Member

I think you nailed it when you said Favre is Favre. You're going to get those cool TDs, like when you played Miami, and you're going to get those ints and crazy passes too. That's who he is and that never will change. Now..if you guys start losing, I'd expect to see him really start forcing things like he used to in GB, when his teams were in a losing streak.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

So you have the ability, by watching a football game, to determine what a player cares about?

I'm sorry, but I simply don't have the ability to make that kind of observation. I wish I did, I mean it sounds like a real special skill.

I think he cares about his team mates and I think he cares about winning. I think he wants the fans to like him. That's all just a guess on my part though. I don't know how anyone that doesn't know him well could be sure one way or the other.

ORLY?
    I think you're bitter about something, I won't speculate as to what. Clearly you just don't like Favre as a person for some reason. I don't think there's much objective about your post at all.

8. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

I hate to say this, but I have to be honest here. Favre looks like he's having second thoughts. You can see it in his eyes, and you can hear it in his voice / words. He just doesn't have that same spark anymore now that he's no longer in Green Bay...

I'm not saying that trading for Favre was a mistake, I'm just saying that he looks uncertain about his decision to come out of retirement. Maybe it's just me, but you can almost tell that it's looming in his head right now....

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

There may be something to this. After all many here are questioning the capabilities of the CS. He may well be, too, which of course would go into whether he made the right decision coming here.

10. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

It's always difficult to know someones motives, but I don't think it would be too much of a reach to say Favre came to the Jets because he thought he had a chance of winning a title. The more clear it becomes that that's just a pipedream the more he's going to regret his decision. I don't think he really wanted to return to a mediocre team just to chuck the ball around for one more season.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

I'm sure a dolphins fan hates to say it ...

What do you expect him to be skipping around on the sideline high fiving people while the team is getting there ass kicked? Not one player on the team looked happy Monday night, Favre just gets more camera time.

Do you expect his interviews to be upbeat and happy after getting roasted on a national stage? If he were upbeat and happy after that shellacking I'd be more worried.

#331 WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 24, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  12. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'm not worried about Favre's motivation, I think he loves to play football and has enough good players around him. I'm more curious what all these posters are going to do with their usernames next year when he retires again.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

I plan on appending Ratliff to mine.

14. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

There you go. As of now I project him as our 2009 starter on opening day---a home loss to New England, of course.

15. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

I don't think you have to worry about your name if Ratliff starts after Favre retires.

16. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

That has absolutely nothing to do with it...

After seeing Carolina{Delhomme} / Denver{Cutler} light up the Chargers defense in previous weeks, I expected to see the Jets offense have similar results. I guess the truth is that I was expecting too much from Favre / Jets offense....

That's because he's "Broadway Brett", and was expected to make the Jets a certain SB contender this year. When he's sitting alone on the bench looking dazed, having a blank / lost look in his eyes, I can see why he was getting all the camera time Monday night....

He looks / sounds very disappointed in the way his season has started for him personally, and he doesn't sound very confident in his own abilities to turn that around. That's just my own opinion, if you don't agree, fine....

I would be worried regardless. Favre just doesn't look interested anymore. Like I said, it's only an opinion. It's not meant to be taken personally....

17. WhiteShoeWillis

It wasn't taken personally. You're entitled to your opinion, I just think it's silly and disagree. Of course he wasn't happy and of course he's not happy with being 1-2. Who would be other than the Dolphins? (mandatory Lphins low blow)

Nice win over the Pats btw.

18. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

If all fans were like you, why should he care?

19. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Maybe I should convert to being a Packer's fan. You guys are soo much more reasonable than us Jets fans. We lost to the Chargers, does anyone remember what they were doing late in January last year? They were in the AFC championship, and they are still that same team. You cant expect a guy who hasnt learned a new system in over 15 years to get it immediately. Give it some time.

20. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Can we be reasonable for a second. This is a 52 man roster. Monday night was not caused by Brett Favre. It was caused because if a few lapses in the secondary, a few missed opportunities for us, combined with a couple INTs by Brett. But if you look at those picks, the first was crap, Coles let the ball come all the way to him. He didnt reach out for it, Cromartie did. That pick is just as much on Coles as Brett.

The second was caused by lack of chemistry. Favre threw it to a spot where he thought either Cotch or stuck was gonna be (i dont remember which one).

But if were gonna play the blame game, blame the injury to jenkins. blame the non existant david harris. blame the pass rush. blame the invisible kerry rhodes. blame the oline and the running game. it was a team loss.