Brett Favre tells Jets he plans to retire

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sanchizeqb, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Certainly I'd credit Parcells and the people he brought in there, Sporano included, for turning it around, but I wouldn't sell Chad that short. He was a veteran leader who ran their offense like a coach on the field, similar to the Jets in 2006 when we had a green staff and rookies all around him. Nobody does it by themselves, but I think the reason Chad finished 2nd in MVP voting was the impact he had on their offense and team overall. On the subject of Parcells, he is the one who brought Chad here and also there, and he seems to know what he is doing.

2. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Having a better defense helped Miami... having a better coaching staff.. and front office helped Miami. Having a QB that knows how to go out and win games helped Miami. I wouldn't tag Chad as the sole reason for Miami's resurgence, but he gets a good sized piece of pie for doing his part in it. Pennington was playing better last year than I remember him playing for us in a long time.

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Most people here said all that last year and had Henne penciled in by mid-season en route to a 6-10 but that never happened. Chad has also taken a lot of hits in his career, his injuries haven't really been the result of hits. Any QB could get hurt at any time, like Vinny or Brady who were previously indestructable.

4. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

Miami's rise was 1 D 2 a good running game 3 good coaching & 4 Chad he sould get the least credit he is a game manager who was exposed for what he really is in the playoffs.