Brett Favre Blames the Jets!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MadBacker Prime, Sep 10, 2009.

1. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Favre knows. He's been around long enough, been on injury reports often enough.

Favre should have known, and I believe he did know. He should have treated the Jets better than this, and specifically Tanny. To some degree I can't blame him for how he manipulated things around the draft to force his release (yes, I believe that, and posted it at the time -- I still can't believe there wasn't more outrage here); he was just acting in his own best interests, he wanted on the Vikings (I still believe that, even after all the comedy of announcing he was staying retired at end of July). It was OK to want that, to pursue his own self interests, it was a better fit for him -- and in that context a better chance to go back to superbowl, which I think is his main motivation -- and he never really wanted on the Jets, he was sent here against his wishes by the Packers. So all's fair in business. But the Jets & Tanny in particular handled him getting out of his contract with a lot of class, and the least Favre could have done is to do the same with this injury status issue.

By the way, I agree with some others here -- wtf was going on with Schotty calling all those pass plays after they'd done the MRI?!? Looking forward, that is the biggest question here for the Jets, not the fines or embarassment.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I bet you a bazillion dollars that I did. Your memory isn't as good as you think it is, shill. Enjoy your Vikings this year.

3. agrich

agrich New Member

What I'm saying is, if he's asked about his health status last year, and he mentions the injury et al, I don't think he's thinking, This is going to get Tannenbaum in trouble with the league, Ha! I don't think it's reasonable to assume a discussion of whether Favre had an injured bicep or not is going to degenerate into a mess that gets his old team in trouble for how thorough it was with its injury report.

There's been no indication that Favre has any problem with the Jets in general or Tannenbaum specifically; in fact, the opposite, they've had only good things to say about each other. Yes, he didn't want to play for the Jets, and he always wanted to play for the Vikings when the Packers said he wasn't welcome back there. But he played well for the Jets for 11 games and had no better way to stick it to Ted Thompson a year ago than to win enough to get the Jets into the playoffs; that was the best revenge he had a year ago. And it didn't work out.

I don't care if Favre catches heat for being a self-absorbed diva, I just don't think he was out to get the Jets or Tannenbaum here. He gains nothing by it. The guy talks too much, which has been the case for years, that's about it.

4. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

I stand corrected. Enjoy continuing to make your unprompted cheap shots at other posters this year.

5. abyzmul

:grin: You know I will.

6. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I think it is quite possible that this was because the severity of the tear was not the big deal it is now being made to sound like it was. There are three levels of tears that can occur. There was nothing wrong with Favre's short and mid distance throws after the injury. There appeared to be only mild discomfort with the arm, and It was only his patented downrange cannon shots that were falling consistantly short of their mark. This is all consistant with a more low level tear being indicated. As I recall, the injury didn't stop Favre from making about a half dozen downfield bomb attempts per game anyway, mostly to receivers who weren't open in the first place, and were usually double covered.

7. patsfaninpittsburgh

Dude

Just having a lil fun with the "cheating"

Think of it as a double diss. First, you couldn't spell p-l-a-n-e, too big a word. Second, as a J-E-T-S fan you wouldn't know the difference between "plane" and "plain". The jist here is that this would go over your head.

Besides, relax. When the Patriots "cheat", it becomes a multi-year, international story of biblical proportions.

When the J-E-T-S "cheat",... well.... does it really matter?

8. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I wish someone would tear Favre's head off his body.

9. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Oh i see, this was a multi-tiered attempt at humor? That just means you failed on multiple levels.

10. abyzmul

When you have to explain it once, it's unfunny. When you have to explain it twice, it's retarded.

11. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

You really think this is cheating? Just becaue Favre isn't Tom Baby and can play through pain doesn't make it cheating.

Tanny is taking the high road here, Favre wasn't getting treatment and particpitated in every practice. Unlike Favre he has some class, Mangina has already come out and called BS on Favre.

So take your lame humor out of here and learn how to pronounce a "R".

Patrinots, get it? It's like totally funny I inserted the word Nots into your teams name. Meaning they're not Patriots and on top of that don't love America. Are you following me? Wow this is a good one, I can't wait to tell all my Dungeon and Dragon buddies.

Just for clarification a Patriot is:

1. one who loves and defends his or her country.

2. Patriots (also known as Americans, Whigs, Revolutionaries, Congress-Men or Rebels) was the name the colonists of the British Thirteen United Colonies who rebelled against British control during the American Revolution called themselves. The most famous Patriots got lonely and eventually learned to love the company of men. The Patriots repeatedly sucked one another off and took quite a pounding in the ass. Many of the women used the word "Patriot" as a *adejective for a homosexual man. I.E: "Did you see those to guys giving each other head? yeah those men are definitely Patriots".

#191 MadBacker Prime, Sep 11, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  12. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

I think some of that could certainly be true, but at best I think it's only part of the explanation, and the injury still plays a part in explaining why he played poorly. See in my previous post, where I reference the post I made last Nov 5 talking about how Ron Jaworski had done a segment on his show saying he looked at every pass attempt favre made in the Cincy & two following games, and detected there was an injury affecting his throws. This was all well before the injury was disclosed or the Jets started sliding. So if Jaws saw it was affecting favre's play, then I think that it probably did.

You know, in some defense of Mangini, Schotty, tanny, Favre, and whoever else made the decision to keep playing -- it certainly seemed like it was the right decision for awhile. After all the 2nd Pats and Titans game all happened after the injury, and it seemed like a very good call to have Favre in there for those. So maybe him playing was not so bad a decision. It's just the decision to throw 40 times against horrible run defenses like Denver that I don't get.

13. abyzmul

Ownage. 20 points.

14. patsfaninpittsburgh

However, if the two respective fan bases changed teams. New England would have to shorten their nickname to P-A-T-S. Otherwise, R Kraft would hand out "Hooked on Phonics" with every ticket sale.:rofl:

After last year, it's obvious many of you became R-A-Y-S fans.:metal:

15. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I would certainly agree that you could throw a lot more stones at the playcalling throughout those last 5 games, than the decision to play Favre or Clemens. As far a Jaws is concerned, he tends to be a bit over the top pretty often, but I would certainly have to recognize that he is more knowledgable than I am. I don't doubt that there was an injury, just if it was as serious as is now being intimated.

16. abyzmul

Are all of your jokes going to be complete reaches? You need to start adding something worthy of reading before you get banned due to boring troll posts. Worthless crap is far from redeeming. The funny trolls are the ones that get a pass for a while. Get to work, halfhead.

17. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I think you should change your user name to S-U-C-K.

18. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

LOL

What a disaster having this disgrace on this team. I guess I'm happy the Jets were mediocre last year so his stay here will be just a footnote in history.

19. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

The fault is om schotty, tanny, mangina, the medical staff and farvre for sending out a qb w/a torn biceps tendon. I've had the injury, it definately affects how you can throw a football to say it doesn't is frankly assinine. There is some differences in which of the 3 tendons is torn. Athletes who tear the biceps tendon go on the DL - see for exapnle Martin Brodeur. The fact that they told him to go out and play w/a torn biceps tendon is idiotic. The fact that he went out and did so shows he is a tough SOB and a dumb SOB.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Ah yes, the old double standard whenever the Jets are involved in anything.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...blame-for-injury-report-problems-in-new-york/