Brett Favre Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by packerbacker1234, Nov 11, 2008.

1. XGBer-Moving_On

XGBer-Moving_On New Member

When in doubt I always blamed Al Del Greco
    I guess I dated myself there

2. XGBer-Moving_On

XGBer-Moving_On New Member

Actually Denver was #1 Offensively in NFL and the Packers were #2, Their defenses were about the same (5 or 6ish) GB's defense was starting to decline, an ascent and decline that correlated to R Whites arrival, aging and departure. Denver's Defense was rising.

That was one of the closest SBs all time with alot of offense. Beutiful pass from favre to A Freeman, and good response drive ending in Chimura TD. Obviously DEN running game was superior T Davis was a beast that year. In the end, Elway's determination moreso than his skill won out- much as I hope we are seeing now in Favre.

If I remember correctly, and I have never seen this since in a playoff, championship or regular season game, GB, with 0-1 TOs, "felt" it had to concede TD at it own 3 YL at the end of 4th to get workable clock for Favre.

The "huge favorite" label for the Packers was a NFC bias and Favre bias by the media (the Peter Kings of the world). Over the last 12 years the media (I'm talking about espn page 2 hacks and other internet "journalists") has changed and they are, to some degree, anti favre. Oh well they build you up just to knock you down.

#442 XGBer-Moving_On, Nov 28, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2008