BREAKING: Jets Trade Jamal Adams to Seattle

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Aero, Jul 25, 2020.

1. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Is the trade official yet, or still pending physicals? I'm starting to worry that Seattle will get buyer's remorse and find an "injury" to Jamal.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about that man.

Russell Wilson even tweeted at him saying he was excited to work with him.

I wouldn't stress this

3. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

The only thing that could go wrong at Jamal’s physical is him testing negative for brain.

#283 ConcordeChops, Jul 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  4. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Next offseason we'll be able to sit back and enjoy his bitch ass whining and scorched earth attempts at a new contract (from afar).

BrowningNagle and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  5. Falco21

It is bitter sweet and it will suck to see him in another uniform, but I am thrilled to have the picks and not having to hear him bitch and complain if anything does not go his way.

I am confident in Gregg Williams developing a game plan without him.

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I hear ya. That's why I gave the trade a B (about as high as I can go when losing our best player). If JD had re-signed Jamal to a long term, team friendly deal I woulda given him an A+

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

You guys are crazy. Getting 2 1sts a 3rd and a solid replacement is far better for Jets than giving him a record setting contract.

The best thing that has happened to the Jets in a long long time is Jamal going off the deep end and reverting to a 13 year old child.

An A+ doesn’t even give this trade justice.

Brook!, rickjet, NCJetsfan and 3 others like this.
  8. Footballgod214

I often wondered if it would be smart to parley our picks into 4 or 5 second round and high third round picks every season. Avoid the 1st round divas. Load up on really good players throughout the team, including bu players.

9. Footballgod214

I wonder what would happen if Jamal tests positive for covid

10. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Not really. We have a decent backup and a guy who caught 1 pass last year. Most people’s opinion of our TE group is based on expectations of Herndon after a good rookie year. After a year lost to injuries and suspensions, I’m not sold.

A season could change my mind.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  11. Footballgod214

NFL/NFLPA agreed to a cap REDUCTION for 2020 from $189 to $175. That's $14 million in cap out the window for 2020. Also, they agreed to spread the covid pain across the next 4 years, which means $175 may be the cap going forward for the next 4 years (2021 was planned to be $208). They just don't know what the 'pain' will be.

With Sam on the horizon and the loss (big time) of salary cap, JD may have done what he had to to keep the team together.

12. Falco21

I view this in two ways:

1. Joe D just made a trade that not only was incredible value for the roster, but it was a smart move that would not put us in a corner with a crazy contract.

2. Adams is a fuckin bitch and only cares about himself. For a guy to call himself a leader and do what he did, he is a pussy. He knew, as did everyone, that there would be some type of cut to NFL salaries with the worldwide pandemic occurring. Instead of prioritizing winning and helping his team, he refused to wait for his contract and instead threw his own team and coach under the bus, simply because he wanted more money. It really is disgusting watching what he did.

I get it, players are always looking for more money and always want an extension, but to do what he did in the manner he did it, he can shove it up his ass. That was blatant disrespect and childish

NCJetsfan, K'OB and Footballgod214 like this.
  13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

My dream scenario here would be packaging the Seattle 2021 pick with our first rounder to draft Penei Sewel. Move Bechton to RT and we will have bookend tackles similar to when we drafted Powell and Ward. If Clark ends up becoming a starting guard then one more high pick on a guard and the line is looking pretty good for the future.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  14. Footballgod214

I don't think we will see another draft w/o an offensive lineman taken, as long as JD is our GM! Nothing would surprise me.

15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Nothing, unless he died from it. Otherwise it’s just an illness.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

wow that's big news. Cant believe the players agreed to that

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Adams was thought to be a team leader but Bell's tweets signal that maybe that wasn't the case among the guys in the locker room. Maybe there were a lot of 'rolling eyes' when Adams was talking big

18. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

You know this is not the real Joe Douglas but a parady account

19. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Was he living under a rock during the Earl Thomas fiasco?

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

In my mind the OLB/Edge position are one and the same. It has been a critical need for over 10 years, but at this point, it still needs to take a back seat to the WR position imo (I agree with HerndonFan). I think WR is more important for Sam and the team than Edge or CB are. It's mind boggling to think that with the sorry WR corps we've had this will be Sam's 3rd season and we have yet to invest a #1 pick in a WR. I'll be surprised if Douglas does, however. I think he will agree with you and see Edge or CB as the #1 need, but hope I'm wrong. I'm really hoping that Bryce Huff shows enough this year that Douglas thinks he can be our dynamic pass rusher and edge isn't as critical in his mind. Similarly, I hope that Bryce Hall and/or Bless Austin can make drafting a #1 CB unnecessary.

Perhaps Mims will develop into our long-needed #1 WR, and Douglas can wait and take a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round, although I'm not sure the 2021 draft will be as deep at WR as this past draft was. IMO Douglas definitely has to take a a very good WR prospect in the 2nd round, if not the 1st. He'll have two 3rd round picks that he can use to address IOL or whatever other position he deems a big need.

Depending upon what happens at RT this season, Douglas could make RT the #1 priority. At this point, I don't hold out a lot of hope for Edoga to develop into a top RT. I think he could be a decent swing tackle, but that's his ceiling, and I'm not sure that he'll even reach that. He just seems too soft to me. Fant could work out for a few years, but maybe not. The Jets may be better off keeping him as a TE and 6th blocker like Seattle did. I have some hope that Clarke can develop into a solid, if not very good NFL RT. He may have to stay inside, however.

If Williamson leaves in FA (which I expect), then ILB could be his focus if there are some really good ILB prospects. We have a number of good young LBs, however, so Unless Wesco fails or Herndon fails to return to the form from his rookie season, I don't think TE will be much of a priority.

Bell will probably be gone or at most have one more year left, and I don't think Perine will be a starting RB, so RB will be a higher priority than TE imo.

Depending upon how Alex Lewis and Greg Van Roten (or whomever) play at OG, OG could be a top priority as well. I see you have that as the #3 priority, but in Douglas' mind, that could be the #2 priority, possibly even #1.

One thing I totally agree with you on is the lack of premier talent in almost all of the premier play-making positions. That has to become the top priority.

I'm not expecting much from either K we have in camp, so I think we'll be looking for a better, more reliable kicker next offseason.