Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The new season of "Justified" begins on Tuesday and the second season of "Bates Motel" starts in March, so I'm good.

I have to imagine that anybody who likes "Breaking Bad" would also enjoy "Justified". If this post compels anyone to start watching "Justified", then just be sure to start with season 1. Do not start watching with the new season on Tuesday. Starting 40-something episodes into the show (see a hiker post earlier in this thread) is not prudent. You would be doing yourself a disservice.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Better Call Saul should be good. So Breaking Bad fans can get excited for that.

3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

The finale for Breaking Bad was how the Sopranos should have been. That fade to black in the diner sucked. Walt taking out the neo nazis was awesome.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I have been re-watching THE FINAL SEASON this week and it really was fantastic. Re-watching it without the drama or worry about what was going to happen allowed me to truly see how great each episode was.

5. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Other than underestimating how strong this 'golden age' of TV is right now, think I nailed it. Just a few months after the finale and True Detective is threatening to top it by redefining the genre. By switching to an anthology they were able to get major movie stars in Mcconaughey and Woody Harrelson because they only need to commit for one season. With the success of the first season, it might draw even bigger names next year. Although, I think Mcconaughey is becoming one of the best actors now despite perceiving him as a joke because of the romcoms earlier on. Mud was a borderline masterpiece recently and he really made the movie.

Anyway, I think the first 3 episodes of True Detective have started out as strong, probably stronger, as Breaking Bad began. It will take a lot of things going right to end up topping BB but this has a legitimate chance based on the start. If not, who knows what else is on the horizon.

I suggest that any Breaking Bad fans start watching True Detective, and Mud is a really great movie too.

6. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

finished it a few weeks back and couldnt even post about it. Man..depressing when its over and that was in a 4 week period...and nailing 2 seasons in 4 days of nothing but BB.

WOW....My wife, who did the same as me but was about a season ahead..or about on average 3 days ahead of me..said where do we go from here.

I have settled on Duck Dynasty...thats right...Duck Dynasty. I need no brain cells to watch it..I laugh. I just cant put anytime into anything serious after that. Im done...dead in the water.

That was the best month of T.V. in my life.

7. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

True detective only has 3 episodes so far and there will be just 8 in the first season. WATCH IT.

8. jaywayne12

sorry...never saw this 74..what channel is that? I will do..need something and thanks.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Trust him , True Detective is one of the best shows HBO has ever released.

It is like watching The Wire, Breaking Bad, and David Fincher's Se7en make a baby.

It has incredibly acting and it is a anthology series...They just showed a episode that was a single take of 6 minutes nonstop intense drama. Incredible directing and acting.

10. jaywayne12

74mang..and poe...I watched the first 3 the past few days...AND IM IN...wow...buddy of mine said did you get to 4 yet? I said no..tonight..and he laughed..I said what? He said enjoy.

Looking forward and thanks guys.

11. jaywayne12

ok...so why..why the hell am I bumping this thread almost 7 months after the last post..which was an idiot called me.

As many of the lovers know, its been running sunday nights from 5pm till 1am with some great analysis from the people that stared in it. This next week or the following week it wraps up so its too late to start now.

OK...GUYS....if there is any fool that has not yet watched this series from beginning until the end, you need to do so before you die.

Christ, Im hooked again and that has never EVER happened with any series I have ever watched. This truly was the best thing on T.V. ever. Friggin incredible show...guys...do yourself a favor and watch this.

12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It's a good show, but nothing to brag about in my opinion.

Game of Thrones and Sopranos make this show look like a joke

13. jaywayne12

Will give you Thrones...and Sopranos? Loved it...but Falc...its all taste and for me? There was nothing better.

14. Falco21

Agree, it's all taste. I have a ton of friends who live and die by Breaking Bad. In fact, that's how I was turned on to it. They kept telling me to watch it so I finally did.

I just didn't think it was all that great. The Sopranos was unbelievable. It was everything you want in a show and the main character was one of the best actors to ever walk this earth.

Breaking Bad is definitely a top show, but the way people talk about it, I thought it would rival the likes of Game of Thrones, The Wire, The Sopranos, True Detective, etc. It just didn't and I think that's why I was let down so hard.

15. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

You don't need an excuse to bump this thread jay. It's Breaking Fucking Bad.

16. jaywayne12

Im dying to see what goes down in true detective...you guys turned me on to that and wow...that ended up being incredible.

Games of Thrones...my oldest son begged me to get in to it...begged me. So, about 3 months ago I started watching it. I needed his help because I was lost in the first season...lost. I mean, I got a lot of what was going on..but at the same time..the damn families etc...anyway...top 5 of all time for me too. Cant wait for more. Watched the whole thing at night with him in about 1 month. Had a blast with that. He would sit behind me to my right or left and watch my reaction to the beheading in season 1 in which I never bought would happened until the head fell to the ground...the Red Wedding which my son claims my mouth was wide open and I was breathing and the stopped for about 5 seconds. He got a real kick just watching my reactions.

Anyway...Breaking Bad? From Hank to Mike...some of the great acting in a series ever IMHO.

17. jaywayne12

Yeah NY....I NEVER watch a series multiple times..a serious series not Seinfeld etc. Sopranos, I can watch an episode and enjoy it...but watched Breaking Bad again from beginning until Season 5 ep 3 they are up to on AMC Sundays and its been just as good as the first time.

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Falco...Sopranos cannot even hold Breaking Bad's jock. Every season has been a masterpiece, Sopranos can't say that for itself.

Too early to tell on GOT...Its much more difficult to pull off but I love that show too. BREAKING BAD IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST DRAMA OF ALL TIME

19. Falco21

Idk about that man.

There's a reason why Sopranos is ranked among the top 3 in every list.

That show was incredible.

20. jaywayne12

Being on HBO didn't hurt it. The NYC metro areas shows seem to draw the shit out of ratings..see Jersey Shore. It was very well done with some questionable acting after Tony and a few others. I mean, I loved it...but the plots and storylines had their great moments...but a lot of fluff and predictable stuff. Breaking Bad was just...I don't know..the writing..the acting from A TO Z. G.O.T. has the same thing as far as the storyline and shock factor...even more so.

Breaking Bad...its just a matter of opinion but Im really happy I got into it because its rare that a "serious series" can be enjoyed if you put on the T.V. and catch lets say season 3 episode 3 and just love it. Again..tastes..we all got them.