Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Mar 22, 2009.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No reason someone who works for Lydia couldn't threaten and potentially kill Walt's family though.

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Lydia does not make threats, she just panics and kills people straight out.

3. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

he shot mike last season. hardly his best friend. actually they never got along.

and this season he already showed family loyalty when he told saul not to go after hank, by specifically saying hes family.

i agree with what dark knight says after you tho. lydia could be the one to have his family members killed if she isnt killed first. she is ruthless like that.

and i miss them being together too. such a great team.

4. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Gilligan confirmed that the flash-forward was approx. one year in the future in an interview (also indirectly confirmed by bacon birthday breakfast).

As for analyzing that most recent flash-forward scene, I'm mostly concerned with the spray paint on the wall (color yellow representing evil/drugs; did Jesse spray paint it? Todd's Uncle & Gang?), the neighbor's reaction (although I interpret it similarly to the spraypaint as indicating that his identity was outed), and then lastly the ricin in relation to the M80 (murder-suicide?).

The reaction ambiguity is intended. Knowing Gilligan, the explanation will likely be complex.

#1604 VanderbiltJets, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  5. The Dark Knight

What are is your favorite Breaking Bad episode? Tough to choose, but I think I would go with an episode from Season 2 called 4 Days Out. Amazing.

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Crawl Space or the season finale of season 4

7. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I enjoyed the train robbery episode the best. I wish this show didn't have to end!

8. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I loved Crawl Space. Also the episode where Walt runs down the drug dealer and shoots the other to save Jesse

9. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

One of my favorites is Crazy Handful of Nothing. Walt and Skylar are playing cards with Hank and Marie. When Hank folds, Marie looks at Walters cards and declares that he had nothing. Nice parallel to Walt doing what he does right under Hank's nose the whole time.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Vince Gilligan is a mastermind.

11. The Dark Knight

12. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

IDK where to start with this one tonight guys.

Every scene is just...so simple, and low key, but it means so much. What if someone who never has watched the show put it on? They'd probably think wow this is a boring conversation, but to us it's like WHAT'S HE GOING TO SAY NEXT!?

I didn't expect it to end when it did. Obviously Jessie doesn't burn the house down, because it was still there when the flash forward took place a few episodes ago. I'm a bit sad that Jessie didn't go thru with his new life though, although I can't say I'm shocked.

I just didn't quite understand what Jessie realized. He thought he had the ricin the whole time? Then he realized that it was stolen off him, and suddenly that made him know that Walt poisoned Brock? That doesn't add up because Brock was poisoned with the plant in Walt's back yard.

13. Petey

Petey Active Member

If you remember, Jesse originally suspected Walt poisoned Brock with the ricin back when everything was going on, he even suggested to the doctor to check Brock's blood for traces of ricin.

It was definitely a slight leap of faith that Huel bumps into Jesse to take his weed, then Jesse realizes that the ricin is gone and they took that from him. But it was also probably the only way they could have him figure out that Walt did it.

14. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Not to sound stupid, but it still doesn't add up. What exactly about Jessie realizing he doesn't have the ricin sets him off? I know it's something to do with Brock, but I thought he already knew Brock was not poisoned by that. I don't understand how he suddenly gets that it was Walt that poisoned the kid.

edit: I just read this...

Walter steals the ricin —> Jesse blames Walter —> Walter convinces Jesse it was Gus —> Turns out it was Lily of the Valley —> Walter/Jesse look for the ricin because Jesse “lost” it —> They find the ricin in the vacuum making Jesse think he lost it.

If that's the case, that makes a little more sense. They just didn't do a great job making that more clear to the audience in what was imo a rare mess up by the BB crew.

#1614 NYJalltheway, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  15. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

They don't make it that clear. BUT Jesse suspected Walt of the Ricin the whole time, considering they were the only two who knew about it. Also, at this point, Jesse understands that Walt will do anything to save himself and sacrifice Jesse or the lives of others.

When he realizes how simple Saul took his weed off him, he starts to put 2 and 2 together..

16. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Next episode will be insane. The only thing that would disappoint me in this series is if Walter kills Jesse, which seems like where it is going (or where Gilligan wants us to think it is going).

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Dead Freight, Crawl Space or Face off. Honorable mention is the Fly episode lol.

Btw I wonder still if Walt will fake his own death.

18. The Dark Knight

They did a great job if you remember everything that happened on the show and can think really fast. Haha. The main point was Jesse realized how easy Huel took the weed from him. Then, while holding a similar pack of cigarettes to the one that had the ricin in it, he puts 2 and 2 together. I love Season 5 Jesse getting everything. He was lost for so long. Starting to worry that his endgame could involve Walt revealing that he watched Jane die, then kills Jesse, allowing Jesse to die knowing the truth.

19. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

My favorite episode...well part...

This is own my own private domicile and I will not be harassed....BITCH.

20. The Dark Knight