Braylon "Soap Hands" Edwards

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Nov 15, 2009.

1. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

You do realize the Jets let Jones Drew get the near goal line? The Jags were totally content with kicking the field goal in that situation. This game would of easily went into OT, but the SOJ would of found another way to lose the game. They always do...

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Let's not fool ourselves here. Braylon Edwards has elite physical talent, but he has also had a pretty notorious history of ball security and concentration issues.

He makes his money on reputation for circus catches, because he feels like he can out-jump any defender and he spends most of his time jumping for catches. What this results in most times is either a fantastic catch of a ball knocked 20 feet straight up in the air and an option for a defensive pick.

Receivers that catch the ball in-stride make much more YAC, but Edwards will not see a ton of YAC because he's airborne for most of his catches. He's not a complete receiver for that specific reason. Plus, there is that whole tendency for wideouts like that to get dropped on their head.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I seriously looked at Randy Moss yesterday, only because I wanted to see how much hangtime he had on that touchdown pass from brady near the goal-line.
    Now if you saw what braylon did, you't think he caught that pass from 30 yards out down the middle.

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

No no, David Clowney would be your guys #1 receiver! thats how horrible that group is.

So yeah, the Phins have no talent at all at the WR position.

We need to remember what it was like to not have a big physical receiver.

We couldnt run for shit, our pass game amazed me, because all the opponents needed to do was quadruple cover Cotchery and nobody would be able to catch a pass, yet they never did it, they tried to cover J-co 1-on-1 and lost.

Now with Edwards, Cotch is singled every play, and Keller has more room to roam, and oh yeah, our ground game went from horrible to first in the NFL.

Yes the ground game improved mostly because the OL did. But taking that extra safety out of the box makes it so much easier to block, which makes it so much easier to run the ball!

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

YES I REALIZE THAT....

But what nobody is understanding is that I'm saying It wouldn't have mattered because our DEFENSE was garbage and they would have scored a TD anyway!

People are acting like our D was gonna hold them to a FG if we'd converted the 2....I'm saying most likely they woulda scored a TD.

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Lol you sound like Bill Bellicheat from last night's game. You'd be the guy going for it on 4th and 2 from your 28 yard line with 2:08 left, because your D is garbage :smile:

7. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

Says more about you and less about him.

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Sometimes you gotta say fuk it! :up:

They're only bad decisions when they don't work otherwise they are genius! :lol:

9. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

i hate jets fans people who say get braylon out of here can go move to miami and become a gay fish fan. Braylon has made awesome catches for us but he had 1 fumble and got a ball poked out on a 2point conversion where he was wide open but sanchez held onto the football for like an extra 2 seconds.

10. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

WINSTON, iM PRETTY SURE WE WOULDNT HAVE TRIED TO LET THEM SCORE HAS WE BEEN UP 3 ;P

11. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Most of his yards yesterday were YAC.

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

2 more drops in huge spots for Edwards. This guy is so frustrating, he is as talented as any WR in the game yet is so freaking inconsistent. I'm afraid he will never be the elite WR that he should be.

I'm beginning to think it might be best if someone bites on a first round tender for him.

13. 624

624 Banned

Clowney also had a drop, I can't remember right now but I feel like Edwards only had one drop.

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

im not sure if anybody realized but braylon edwards has never had good hands. he is known for dropped passes.

one of the reasons he has been unproductive the past 2 years. great talent terrible hands. but he is too cool to just go out and catch 500 balls a day.

15. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

That Hail Mary in the end actually should've been caught by Edwards.

16. Christian

Christian Active Member

It just seems like Edwards loses focus at times. Hes made some huge catches for us since hes been here and his drops aren't the reason we lost this game.

17. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

He had one on the very 1st drive on 3rd down that would of given the Jets a 1st down. His second drop was on a bomb down the left sideline that he was fighting for the receiver for and dropped it. The second one would of been a great catch, but we are paying him big bucks to make plays like that. Other then that Miami game, he has been a dissapointment so far...

18. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Eric Ainge

19. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

FYP:up:...

20. 624

624 Banned

That 2nd one was PI, the guys hand was in Braylon's helmet.