Braylon needs to pipe down

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Clown

Clown New Member

Was asking the same thing. Lol @ reports out of context, especially from a sarcastic guy like braylon.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Is Braylon serious? he 's playing well this year, we know he's an idiot and he really shouldn't speak at all. These comments were asinine.

3. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Article doesn't say anything wrong & Braylon isn't attacking Mark. He's making a general comment that's obviously true.

If you're a consistently good qb, it gives your comments more weight when telling your receiver you need him to make that catch & other criticism.

4. nyjunc

We can all read btw the lines, he's basically saying Mark hasn't earned the right to criticize his teammates and that's insane.

5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I think BE may be talking himself out of a new contract with the Jets.
    I mean with the DUI and his past transgressions you'd think the guy would just want to do his job and let his play on the field do the talking.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

We don't know what he was asked.

Was it something like ...
    Reporter: Braylon, Mark doesn't seem to get in his receivers faces when they drop a pass - is this because he's a young guy and hasn't earned that in the locker room yet?
    where the reporter led him into that answer?

These reporters are smart. One they realize they can manipulate guys to get controversial answers out of them they will do it over and over again. Braylon obviously isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, so it wouldn't surprise me if we start seeing more quotes like this where he's being led by the media.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

I just realized it was Cimini who wrote that too. He is a master of manipulating players into controversial answers or taking quotes out of context. Don't be so quick to jump on Braylon here. Let's find out the context of the interview and what Cimini was asking.

8. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

agreed this isnt a randy moss comment where Braylon just flat out starts talking. NY reporters are constantly asking leading questions to get answers that sound horribly bad out of context. Braylon is just the lastest victim.

I can almost bet if it wasnt a leading/controversial question, it would have been in the article. "When asked __________________ Braylon Edwards responded with.........."

#88 nyjetsrule, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  9. nyjunc

These guys are adults, educated at some of our finest institutions of higher learning:smile: They shouldn't be falling into any media traps. Braylon has been around, he has to know better. I don't care how the question was asked.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

I heard Braylon finished 2nd in Rhodes Scholar voting.

11. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I don't care what he was asked or about comparing him to players who are not Jets. He's a Jet and needs to keep his mouth shut.

Mark didn't say shit when he was bounces TD passes of his face, it's sad that our 23 year old QB has to shoulder the burden for his "veteran" receiver.

I've said it before, I think Braylon is sensing the Jets trying to make Holmes our primary receiver, he's gotten more targets and plays called his way. The Jets are doing this to justify signing Holmes and not Braylon, IMO.

Who knows what his suspension, or even jail time will be for his DWI case. NFL could suspend him pending the outcome of the trial because if found guilty he could face a pretty stiff sentence in Cleveland.

BTW, it's almost Mark's Birthday, what are we all getting him? 11/11-

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Where on the scale of 'knowing better' does falling into media traps rate when compared to, say, driving drunk in NYC at 4am on a Tuesday?

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Matt Higgins Jet VP actually responded to me when I asked who's in charge of media relations and what does he think about Braylon's recent quotes.

Higgins said "bruce speight. He looked into it after u tweeted"

Not news but I think it's cool just because.

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

That sounds like what was going on here.

Then there's the sticks and stones part, too. I don't see anything in what he said that would undermine anything. People can be such crybabies. But I doubt it caused concern within the team itself.

Edwards has been playing quite well, the best of the wideouts this year. He played through the distractions of the DUI and ensuing publicity. I predict he will continue to do so.

15. Gunther

Gunther Member

Keeping your mouth shut is being a coward, and no parent raises their child to be a spineless coward. Everyone needs to speak their mind sometimes, and if that is too much for people to deal with, then it is they who are the pussies. That is why there are so few real leaders. A leader is suppose to embrace that thought process from his troops. Being quiet never solved anything. A true leader wants some thinkers in his camp. Otherwise you have a bunch of dumb ass followers.

16. inactive23

inactive23 New Member

This...he has been clutch, and I expect a good game out of him today too.

17. Basebrook

Basebrook Member

Pass me the damn ball.

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

A book? I can't imagine it was that bad, bad to the point of 19 drops in one fucking year.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He actually isn't a bad handed guy, and it took an article on Thejetsblog.com for me to learn that.

What that tells me is that he must have been so unhappy in Cleveland it affected him mentally on gameday. I find that sad. However, now that he's been calm and comfortable in New York, he's had two drops this year, and has not dropped the sure TDs like he did last year.

At this point in the season, its tough to not want him back next year, even though Holmes is the better receiver.

20. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

I thought I read somewhere that he has no dropped passes this season?I know he lost a fumble but i cant recall any dropped passes.