Braylon needs to go

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJets1135, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

I have to agree with this, *sigh*...I HATE having inconsistency at the WR position, but we clearly do NOT have a valid alternative to Braylon, who has done WONDERS for our rushing attack... the worst part is that he clearly has the talent, I've seen the guy make catches that Rice would be proud of, but he also drops balls like a coming of age 12-yr old boy.

I can't justify 10 mil a year for this guy, but I can't give an example of someone better that we could replace him with at the moment

2. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

He doesnt have ice running thru his veins - seems like he gets very nervous out there ...cant let nerves play a part in football ... just make the catches man!

3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

agree here - edwards stays - just the threat of a big fast receiver does wonders for an offense.

i have posted this for years - the jets have got by at the WR pos for years without making significant investments thru the draft. i do think we go 1st day WR either in 10 or 11.

jil

4. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

He definitely needs to go to "hands camp" and concentration camp and just settle down. He'll be fine. Very frustrating to watch, however.

5. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Huh?

So u want to keep Edwards AND Draft a WR next year?

The hell are u smoking?

6. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

you gotta keep him. he frees up the offense. hes a major reason why we lead the league in rushing, and i still believe he will be a big contributor next year and will be extremely beneficial to the growth of sanchez

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

OOOOOOOOO!!

That's bad. You're gonna get in trouble- ooooo

8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I support Braylon Edwards, want him to stay on this team beyond this season and totally disagree with the starter of this thread.

We haven't had a receiver like him in a very long time, and I expect his game to improve while he's here. Don't allow the reputation he had in Cleveland to get you upset each time he doesn't catch one. He's been good since he's been a Jet. That hit in the face/drop was a fluke, that he blamed on the dome lights of Skydome. I think he played with more intensity after the embarrassment of it, and I like what I've seen from him since he's been here.

Braylon Edwards: Important piece of the 2010 puzzle.

9. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I think a few Zanax before each game would help him.

10. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Hilarious-- I didn't appreciate how that could be interpreted until after I'd posted it. I meant a camp to learn how to maintain concentration for a full 60 minutes.

But now that you mention it, a few weeks under the tutelage of Chairman Mao or Uncle Joe's disciples might help him appreciate the consequences of failure!

11. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

I miss Santana Moss.

12. MadBacker Prime

LOL-

Funny stuff, because it does make sense, a camp for him to learn how to concentrate would benefit him greatly.

Learning to watch the ball into his hands, although head-butting it is fun to watch too.

13. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I love this garbage. Keller has games where he's completely invisible. Cotchery drops balls he should legitimately catch. Even when Leon is completely healthy and at his peak he sometimes gets hit behind the LOS. But you don't see threads bitching about those guys, do you?

Edwards came in with a reputation and no one will let go of it. No matter how utterly ridiculous they sound.

Should he have caught that ball over his shoulder last night? Sure. And had he done so, everyone would be raving about the amazing play he made. Keep in mind, he had complete seperation on that play, which is something he gives you too. He drags multiple defenders and has the presence of mind to extend his arms far enough before his knee hits the floor for a TD. He leaps in the air and pulls down a throw over his head for a first down. He blocks for a running game that pulls in over 200 yards, but he's not worth keeping?

This thread, as so many are this time every year, is one more reason why God hates Jets fans.

14. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

On the replay you could clearly see him doing a one armed push-up to make it happen. Where he caught the ball with 3 defenders right there, he had no business getting a TD. It was a beauty of a play.

15. MadBacker Prime

Looked like a break dance move-

I also liked that jumping catch on the sidelines and his nifty move to get up.

16. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Yeah, we haven't seen our share of sore hamstrings in some time. He truly was a presence.

17. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Anyone looking for something to do today should print this thread, find the nearest men's room and wipe their ass with it.

18. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

I miss Santana Moss's fear of being hit even more.

Edwards will work. He does have some pride and did try to make up for the football follies footage.

19. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

JACKASS. ILL KILL YOU

:rofl::rofl:

20. Sanchez All Day

Sanchez All Day New Member

Gotta keep Braylon, the jets have never had a player with his potential, he is a big play threat