Braylon needs to go

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJets1135, Dec 3, 2009.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Good Lord, I love the Jet fans that complain about shit like this.

It's not a lack of effort or hustle, these things happen. He has opened the running game and has made some great plays. For some reason everyone focuses on his drops and not his catches, try being positive for a change.

I'm not talking HIV either.

I'd love to see you super athletic guys out there.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

that's actually not a bad idea. Beltran is extremely talented running the correct route to flag down a deep fly ball.

3. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

It's f!@@$ amazing to me too...

4. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

This thread is just stupid.

Edwards is a great talent, and has made a huge positive impact on this team. The effort and presence of mind on that TD was elite.

BTW: As far as the lights excuse, it sounds silly, sure, but they talk about the lights every time the Yankees play the Blue Jays there. They do affect the game.

5. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

Would you rather have Stucky or Coles? His drops are frustrating but I love his yards after the play. Hes so big and powerful almost for sure going to break the first tackle.

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

this thread needs to go

7. Totodestroyer

Totodestroyer New Member

Hey if you guys don't want him we'll surely take him in the offseason, at least he makes more catches and is willing to get yards after the catch, unlike some #19 jersey player who doesn't give a shit about his own team and only cares to go out of bounds immediately after he rarely catches the ball.

8. Ohio Jet

Ohio Jet New Member

I really like Edwards and hope he is here a long time. The guy hustles, blocks and puts it out there on every play. He will catch more passes that other people would either drop or not even make a play on then he will drop passes others would catch.

Great addition to this team. I really like Cotchery, Keller and Edwards and think they set us in the passing game for several years to come.

Good job MT.

9. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Guy is frustrating to watch. Some people on here could give him a pass because he does certain things on the field well (stretch D's and run block), but when it comes to catching...his primary function, he sucks. Everybody would be bitching right now if the Bills recover that fumble inside out 10 and we were down by 1pt, leading us to lose the game. Edwards left 7pts out there on the field last night, he also left 2-3rd down conversions. Even with his TD on the books. The guy isn't great. So stop looking at his size and speed.

Great. He breaks tackles after the catch, but in order to do that, HE NEEDS TO CATCH THE BALL FIRST.

He's certainly not worth any more than 4M per year. If he wants more, the FO should consider shipping his ass out for picks. Between him and Rhodes, we should be able to walk away from this deep Draft coming up with some good talent for the future.

10. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

If he goes away, Cotch gets shut down and the running game sputters and dies. Unless we can replace Edwards adequately without completely neglecting other areas of dire need.*

#90 BadgerOnLSD, Dec 4, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  11. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Thread = Fail

12. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I was pissed off about the bomb he missed, and the 3rd down route he didn't finish full speed, leading to him alligator arming the pass attempt.

However, he really stepped up after that, and he was money run blocking all night.

Anyway, I still stand by my previous post.

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

In 2008:

Justin Gage was making 3.1 million.
    Deion Branch was making 6.7 million
    Lee Evans was making 10 Million
    Derek Mason was making 4.5 million
    Torry Holt 9.2 million
    Roscoe Parish 4 Million.

I just put those salaries out there to show the range that some players are making.

With salaries being offered in a competitive market I'm sure Braylon could get 7 million.

14. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

braylon is the one who injured jenkins and lw too. DAMN YOU BRAYLON!

15. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Replacing Edwards is what I want. That ball bounced off his face mask. It was embarrassing. I'm glad he can block, but he is a wide receiver. He needs to NOT drop the freaking ball as much as he does. And he is very careless with the ball in his hands when he does manage to catch it.

16. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I still don't see how we replace him without screwing up the rest of the team. We're stuck with him, for better or for worse.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

i understand your feelings on this.....I cursed when that ball bounced off of Braylon's helmet last night too.

But the bottom line is....he commands double coverages which is one of the reasons why our run game is productive, he showed us what he's capable of doing when he ran over 3 Buf defenders on his way to the endzone, and we've given up draft picks and players to get him. So kicking him to the curb doesn't make a lot of sense right now.

He's not going to be perfect...but he fills a need this team has had for awhile now. If we weren't so thin at other positions (the trenches, secondary)...I'd say look at wideout at the top of the draft or even in FA....but this isn't a "defcon 5 emergency". B.Edwards pros certainly outweigh his cons at this point.

18. greaser

All issues I think he can work out with practice. I'll bet Ole' Cotchery can give him a few pointers and coaching that a vet like him can offer.

19. greaser

+1 I agree with everything you said. Lot of teams would love to have the wide out duo we have now.

20. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Then we should see plenty of offers for him in the off-season. Either way, we can't lose (I think).