Braylon Edwards - Released by SF on 12/27

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Dec 20, 2011.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

we better claim him we made room for him

2. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I'd love to have him back!
    [​IMG]

3. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

4. Cynic

Cynic New Member

We made it to the AFC Championship with Edwards and without Holmes. I think some of you forget that.

5. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

How much on the hook would we be for his contract?

If full, for one game and maybe some post season seems a bit much.

6. Mr. Green Pants

You paying it? :)

7. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Things change incredibly fast in the NFL. What has anyone seen this season that suggests that Edwards is even half the player that he was 2 years ago?

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You mean last year? What has anyone seen to suggest that Holmes is nearly as good of a player without Edwards on the field with him? Edwards was injured most of the year and is playing in a different offense with a different QB. He obviously had good chemistry with Sanchez and fit well in this offense.

9. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

All Braylon did when he was a Jets was win. That being said, he was a very risky signing before the season started ( 2 strikes and wanted big $). The guy does not have an injury histroy (like Plax), and has never shown a lack of effort (Plax and Tone) when in Green and White. Point blank, he loved playing for Rex and I think we should at the very least "Explore" the option of brining him back if he is healthy enough to play this week and god willing, if we get into the playoffs. It is just what this team needs....

10. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

With this statement, I think he can play and is not injured...but is he hurt...yes..

Edwards made it clear when he discussed the shoulder injury that he hadn't returned to full speed or full strength since the knee injury.

"I'm playing through a football season. No one is ever going to be fully healthy, but just fighting every day," he said. "Injury means you can't play, but I do have a shoulder ailment, I'll say. Little bit of AC joint. Nothing super serious, but at the same time, it's nagging. It bothers me."

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I know you hate the guy but what did he ever do to deserve dunking in salted water?

12. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Bringing in a WR that already knows the system and has chemistry with our struggling QB is priceless.
    The organization did a big disservice to Sanchez by changing his WR's each of his 3 seasons. Bringing Braylon back could go a long way with nothing but a great value and reward for the $ if he's healthy.

13. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

If you bring Braylon back, where does he play?

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I would put him at WR, but that's just me.

15. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Why not claim him, bring him back for the 1 game against Miami and see what he can do? There's nothing to lose since we already waived Eron Riley.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

They waived Eron Riley for a specific reason, and if it wasn't to bring Braylon back, then it was probably to bring someone up from the PS to help with depth.

17. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Haha, yeah why not try him there first.

I was a Braylon fan, always felt his reputation for drops wasn't fair. It's just that when he has one, its when he's wide open. The guy's been an enigma - I wonder what his teammates and coaches think of him. I mean, he has all that baggage and "stuff" seems to happen to him. But, he always seemed to play hard and made a big contribution to the Jets while he was here. He's also paying for a lot of kids college tuition, upholding a promise he probably didn't think over too well when he made it especially since he didn't cash-in on a contract the way he expected to. He's got to be a little bitter about the way the Jets let him go though, no?

I'd welcome him back, though his role has been filled by Plax. That "swap" didn't work out too well for us either.

Sightly off topic, but just wait until Cotchery comes up HUGE in a Steelers playoff game this postseason. Just wait... I'll even bet "vCash" on it, whatever vCash is. I haven't figured that out yet.

#197 LogeSection2RowJ, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Do we know what time Braylon would clear waivers? The Riley cut makes me wonder if they really do want to bring him back ...

19. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Braylon isn't playing anymore this season

see his website

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

are you referring to this?
    I don't think that's ruling anything out. It's probably very unlikely, but if the right scenario came up I could see him playing.