Braylon Edwards is a Jet, Again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Dec 9, 2012.

1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Why not give him a contract? You're the one who always harp about the poor receivers we have. Braylon is a good receiver that has chemistry with Sanchez. Shouldn't we keep him on at LEAST until next year (with Sanchez still at the helm)?

2. wexy

wexy Member

It can't hurt.. hopefully he will do well.

3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Football needs > twitter banter

4. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

And that, right there, is the main point.

Since Mark is undoubtedly going to be the Starting QB for one more year, restructuring Braylon's current deal to make it a 2-year one(the rest of this season and next season) is a smart move.

That way, Mark will have ZERO EXCUSES next season should he fall flat on his face again.

Braylon on one side, Tone on the other, with Kerley(playing the Cotch-role) at the slot....

We would find out real fast if Mark truly is "broken" as an NFL QB then.

5. mute

mute Well-Known Member

IMO it is best to wait to see what he can do with these remaining games. Like I said, I like Bray but theres a reason why he did little since leaving the JETS. If he plays like old, fine, extend all you want.

6. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

this....hopefully also a new oc...sparano hasnt wowed anyone

7. ArmandJ

Sporano should get one more year. You can't do too much when you rely on guys like Clyde Gates (seriously, where the hell did he come from?) and Chaz Schillens (same goes for him).

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He hasn't had much to work with outside of a strong o-line. I'm kind of with you, don't know how to judge him at this point. He certainly hasn't impressed me though and I certainly wouldn't hesitate to throw him to the curb for a Norv Turner.

9. Braylon4ever

I must've missed something but....whatever happened to abyzmul? I can always count on that poster saying something snide in my direction whenever I posted something on Braylon.

10. NewYorkEveryThing

Maybe by giving him the extension is a show of good faith since we let him walk for nothing after he had a great year!

11. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

As much as this offense sucks, I cant wait till monday night. I hope BE goes for 150 and 2 TD's.

12. Braylon4ever

I think it's more of the Jets realizing that since Mark will be the Starter next year, they'd make sure he has as many weapons to throw to as possible.

We'll find out if Mark has a future next season soon.

But right now, this is just to see if BRAYLON still has it.

13. ArmandJ

Same here. If Norv said 'I want to be a New York Jet' Sporano needs to either be demoted or gone.

However, you have to admit that Sporano did fairly well with the team when it was healthy (the first three weeks).

I would be hesitant to fire him, especially if our offense somehow improves and we make the playoffs.

14. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Welcome back, Buddy!!!!!!

15. Gator

Gator Active Member

Psyched! He'll help in the running game too with those crackback blocks

16. klarkkent44

klarkkent44 Member

Welcome back braylon one of my favorite jets when he was here sad to see you go in the 1st place

17. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Both times he was cut he was hurt so who knows if they would had kept him the full year and playoffs if he wasn't. I'm not saying he going to be great but none of those teams that cut him has one wr on there team putting up big numbers.

18. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

I more or less agree with you, although it's worth pointing out that Clyde Gates came from Sparano's shitty offense in Miami.

Next year we're going to have to make a final decision on whether Sanchez stays or goes; unless a real superstar coordinator becomes available and shows interest in the job, I don't think it's in anybody's best interest to introduce a new playbook before we make that call.

Both times he was awful while he was healthy, as well. If the Niners and Seahawks thought there was any chance that he could contribute upon his return, they would've kept him around.

Look, I always liked Edwards while he was here and I certainly hope that something in the New Jersey water returns him to 2010 form. I'm just deeply, deeply skeptical. Not many players fall completely off the map for two years then suddenly rebound in this league.

#578 Brunell's Debt, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  19. NFL

NFL Active Member

I think that we should give Edwards another year, but sign him now for vet min. So if he does impress then we already got him locked up, if not then its still cheap.

Also, anyone with me on keeping Sanchez or a Vet QB until a QB that is guaranteed to work on this team comes out. Manziel?

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Better late than never welcome back to the jets