Braylon Edwards is a Jet, Again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

Nice to see him back. I hope maybe he can get Sanchez going again. Maybe he can be that big RELIABLE target we need. Other than Kerley the rest of the guys we have are scrubs with bad hands. This is good news at least for the short term.

2. General Fan

General Fan New Member

Exactly. That guy Cimini is an idiot. Whatever anyone thinks of Edwards, beggars can't be choosers and we have no depth (or much talent) at wide out.

3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

IDK, I'm pumped for this re-signing. He will not be the same Braylon of two years ago, but I can see this not only rejuvenating him, since he claims he wants to be here, but to also help Mark out.

4. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

:rofl:

5. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

You'll see.

6. ArmandJ

Not to detract from Braylon, but will Keller be back anytime at all before Buffalo?

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Useless pussy homo bastard cunt rag douche

8. ArmandJ

That is SUCH a helpful answer.

Seriously, does anyone know?

9. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Very stoked to see Braylon back with the Jets. Just, really feel that he and Sanchez will work some of their magic from a few seasons ago, huge game on Monday, can't wait.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

lol Braylon is back? This may boost Sanchez's confidence, but it probably is too late

11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

we don't give a shit in the Braylon Edwards thread! this thread is to celebrate all things Braylon!

12. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I think it was a good move to put in a claim for Edwards, the Patriots only have three healthy receivers now. Stallworth is now on IR.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. By 'he' I meant Braylon Edwards. So, if he plays poorly (like I expect him to) then obviously, the Jets roster with him or without him are equally devoid of talent - thus, that means Tannenbaum failed to surround Sanchez with talent (like we all know T-bomb failed for years.)

2. If Braylon still has some chemistry with Sanchez, then this means T-Bomb failed to start the season with Braylon in the first place. Nothing other than his ego would be a plausible explanation for this failure. This was what I was referring to.

3. All in all, I do not think the non-signing of Braylon (this offseason and the past) had anything to do with the team's success in mind - except whatever pissed T-Bomb off.

14. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Because he sucks.

15. Sloup

Sloup Active Member

Holmes, Edwards, Kerley, Hill, a mid round draft pick, and Schiliens or Gates.

If Edwards is healthy enough to be a decent deep threat, I like that for a 2013 receiving corps. If nothing else, hopefully Edwards can mentor Hill to help him become the deep threat of the future.

The thing I really like is that Edwards and Sanchez are both on their last legs; Sanchez with the Jets (like it or not, we still have at least one more year with him starting) and Edwards in the NFL. If these guys are ever going to cut it, it's going to be with the motivation the both of them have now to keep their jobs.

It helps that Edwards should come cheap for the next couple years.

16. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

This is a low risk high reward signing and I've been an advocate for it since he first left. I love it. Hope he can produce and make an impact. TEACH ME HOW TO DOGUIE!

17. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Braylon also ripped Michigan for not offering his brother a Scholarship.

@OfficialBraylon
    Congrats toy little brother @_YoungSuperstar verbally committing to the University of Minnesota. A very athletically and academically

@OfficialBraylon
    Respected university. I still don't understand how my father and I were all-Americans at Michigan but they don't give Berk a shot.

@OfficialBraylon
    Oh well Minnesota just got one hell of a talent and hard worker, don't be surprised if he tears the maze and blue a new a$$hole soon.

He just speaks his mind and he doesn't think before he presses "Send".

18. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

i hope he plays well the final 3 games and the jets resign him early on in the offseason

braylon, holmes, kerly, and hill is a decent arsenal of weapons for sanchez to succeed

19. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Let's see what Bray Bray can do. I hope he has something left in the tank.

20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'm cautiously optimistic. I loved him as a member of the Jets before. I also like his chemistry with Sanchez. I'm just worried that he isn't healthy. He hasn't been productive at all in almost 2 years.

Hopefully it works out.