Braylon Edwards Arrested for DWI

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MoLewisSoNasty, Sep 21, 2010.

1. IATA

IATA Trolls

They publicize second violations. So even if he is in it(which again, most everyone is 95% sure he isnt), he's not getting suspended by the NFL.

2. IATA

IATA Trolls

none of them are getting a suspension by the league, don't worry.

3. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

Tolerance has something to do with it as well and since he is an athlete in the NFL I doubt he drinks as much as your average Joe therefor at .16 he was probably alot drinker then you or I would be at that percentage, even if he's bigger.

4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

For all you know they took turns.

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Come on have you ever been out with your friends before? You don't put them through a sobriety test before you get in a car with them. You make sure they aren't stumbling around and then ask them if they are good to drive. they say yes and that's it.

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Sorry about that.

7. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

For someone who has been banned from TGG multiple times for creating fake characters on the internet to entertain yourself at the expense of others, you seem to have a short fuse when it comes to what you seem to consider internet fiction.

9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

And I am a narcotics detective so I appraciate the "SuperSleuth" line. :)

Peace!

10. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

First off we can make all the assumptions we want based on news reports but the number who know what actually transpired is very few. If the probable cause for the traffic stop was in fact the tinted windows and not a moving violation it bodes well for the defense attorney to get the charges reduced if it was a first offense. We have no info on a Field Sobriety Test. Lots of speculation that's about it. I've dealt with many drunk drivers, administered hundreds of Field Sobriety Tests and watched people fail only to be well below the legal limit when administered a breathalyzer test. Most were convicted because they were intoxicated and the BAC was not needed for the conviction. Just as medications have different effects on people the same holds true to alcohol. Sometimes you get a person who can have a BAC twice the current limit or the old limit of .10 and function as well as anyone else.

A fine is appropriate, suspension does nothing but invoke mass punishment to the other players, team and fans. Community service required by the Jets in the off season would be more beneficial to all in involved. Edwards on his own dime and time could gain a better lesson and do some good in return for his mistake. The players union may say that the Jets cannot force Edwards to perform this type of service but the Jets can say either do it or we won't re-sign you.

The Jets have said they have measures currently implemented to combat these types of incidents but what about informing players of the laws that vary from state to state such as tinted windows, covered plates, accessory lights and other things that attract the attention of law enforcement? The NFL is a little different than most businesses and should do their best to not attract unwanted attention.

11. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If stupidity were criminal, Herm and Mangenius would be locked away.

12. IATA

IATA Trolls

i carry a breathalyzer thing when we go barhopping. whoever blows highest wins!

13. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

If they did publicize second violations, then he would be a known offender. They'd use that info in their reports; what, where, when, etc.

It wouldn't be characterized as unknown.

EDIT: Sorry, disconnect there. I don't think they do publicize any info until they get suspended

#873 DisgruntledLionFan, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  14. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

I, for one, am truly disgusted by D'Brickashaw Ferguson's parents. They should have raised their child to take away the car keys from a potentially drunk driver. Shocking.

EDIT: Actually, I am only outraged by the Ferguson's. I am truly, righteously offended and disgusted by D'Brickashaw's grandparents, who shamelessly raised their children to raise children who don't take the car keys away from a drunk driver.

Thinking about Fergie's grandad and grammie makes me vomit all over myself in disgust. Awful, awful human beings.

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Who are you, Mother Cabrini? You mean you never touch the stuff?

16. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

OK, I'm going to try this again. Sooooo, I just saw Goodell on the street and shouted to him "Now you HAVE TO shorten Santonio's suspension." He gave me an uneasy smile (more like a fuck off) and kept walking. I tried fellas!

17. IATA

IATA Trolls

That's correct, yes.

18. MsuJets

MsuJets Active Member

Ugh!!! Will they get into any trouble?

19. mpjohnny5

mpjohnny5 Active Member

Hopefully not, we'll be missing half our team

20. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

no (filler)