Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Sorry junc....i refuse to fraternize with the tards over at FinHeaven. I'll continue to correct you from the shores of TGG instead.

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

If you want to run plays there's zero reason to not use your timeouts. You don't get to eat them at halftime if you don't use them.

Sorry guys, you can't shit on your favorite scapegoat for that one. Point at the big guy.

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

We went 180 football minutes without an offensive TD.

Against NE. Miami, and Pitt.

Yesterday GB put up 27 n NE with no one at QB.
    Buffalo put up 17 on Miami.

Some day you will understand this game.:wink:

#1643 Hobbes3259, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That was all on rex, they were letting he clock run down to not take a chance before the end of the half. You think Brian was going over his playsheet? if they are in true hurry up mode they have multiple plays prior to the 1st down and they are ready to get on the ball and snap it after the 1st play. They had no intetnion of taking a chance in that spot.

5. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The offense did well and moved the ball all day, however, let's not forget how pitiful the red zone offense was. They went 1 for 3. They only scored 13 points on offense all game.

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

That holding penalty killed us, like the announcer said that was essentially a 30 yard penalty because we would've had the ball on the 4-5 yard line.

We've been getting costly penalties like that all year. Drives me nuts because I saw on numerous plays the Steelers were holding and no call, and on every single play I know there is holding. It just seems like the refs like to call it on us when it matters most.

7. nyjunc

Brian deserves his share of the blame but teams or units go in slumps sometimes. It wasn't all on brian, he wasn't the one making bad reads, making poor throws, not potecting, not opening holes, not running well and not catching. It was a team effort, an awul 2 games from our offense but thankfully it didn't reach 3 games.

Last week GB put up 3 at Detroit, we shut down GB's O too. Every week isn't going to be pretty.

We played well on offense yesterday.

8. nyjunc

Apparently our guys are coached to make mistakes in the RZ, Schotty taught our Ol how to hold to bring back a big play.

9. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

Schottys best game in a long time. Finally running the ball and living off the playaction (which is what a 2nd year QB should do). That 4th and 1 call was an absolute thing of beauty but I do have one major major grip on the day.

3rd and 3 with the two minute warning approaching. Run the damn ball, now I understand you wanted to win the game so he went for the throat which I respect but atleast do a playaction especially since we were running so well that drive to get the D to bite but instead we did a straight up passing play.

Also this now gives the Steelers essentially two timeouts as opposed to one. Greene seemed to be rolling, give him the damn ball.

10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

And that's why they will be representing the AFC in the SB, because they can put up a big spot on the #1,2,3 4,5, defense in the league.

You post about our drive to score the TD, if it where not for the personal foul penalty we were on our way to three points.

I also understand how hard it is to play against great defenses, I'm 40 years old and I have seen a lot of great games, I have also seen what a well coached offense can do to a great defense.

Okay junc, sorry for being greedy, what about 3 td's from the offense in a game, and if that's too much maybe 2 on a consistent basis?

Some day you will understand this game.:wink:

I do have to give Rex credit for opting to punt and making Pitt have to go the length of the field instead of attempting 50 plus yard fg's on 2 occasions.

Junc, are you BS posting on the GG Forum?

#1650 Red Menace, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  11. nyjunc

I like Mark, I think he is already a good QB and is going to get much better but he's not and never will be Tom Brady and it's not fair to compare him to Brady.

12. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I agree... I'll just settle on him having as much team success as Brady... ;)

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

It is unfair because Brady is a legendary HOF QB. No one should ever compare him to Peyton or Brees either.

He can be Romo in terms of stats, but with the ability to win in the 4th quarter and January.

He'll be just under that elite talent at the end of his career.

14. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

That's not really fair. We were comparing Pennington to Brady early in their careers for gods sake. I never saw anything until the Pats 3rd SB year that made me think Brady was 'special'. Why set a ceiling on 2nd year player, who is under infinitely more pressure than Brady was at age 24?

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

year 4 is when you truly know who a QB is going to be.

The way this kid can throw, he can be pretty damn good come year 4.

16. nyjunc

Brady early in hi9s career wasn't the same guy w/ the same resume he is today. People compared Chad to Brady in 2002 w/ a similar story as far as taking over as the starter early in the year and leading his team to a SB(when we thought we had a SB chance).

Tom Brady is a top 5 QB all time, I don't care how talented Mark is it is unfair to expect he can reach those heights.

17. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

I think we need to see more conversation about the bootleg that Schotty called that went for the TD. Everyone executed that play brilliantly. I was cheering in my house cause I thought we got the 1st down, the way Greene dived into the pile, and then i saw Sanchez running free and i kept screaming. What a brilliant play call, and an awesome fake by Mark

18. nyjunc

That was an incredible play, I was watching Greene ansd thought he had the 1st down then I see Turner running and saw Sanchez had the ball. a GREAT fake, perfect execution.

19. Hobbes3259

EE.HED.EE.BO was on the radio this morning, and said that play worked, because they always run up inside (40 Dive, I think) on short yardage like that.

20. Hobbes3259

I loved that Turner laid out (though did risk a tripping penalty) to protect Sanchez.