Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Schotty called a good game today. I was impressed. I knock him when he blows it so ya gotta congratulate him when he has a good game and when he obviously did a good job of preparing his team to play well.

2. Sanc

Sanc New Member

schottie sucks,, this game was all my boy sanchez.:beer::metal::steelers:

3. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

It wasn't the third down call that bothered me, it was the one before that. Calling a passing play on that 2nd made me nearly lose it. The third down was understandable because we had to convert. The play before that was completely asinine. Otherwise he called a good game.

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'll buy that.....but.....let's see him call a good game on a more consistent basis...I want to see him make the necessary in-game adjustments when needed...that's my contention with this guy.

I credit him for doing a good enough job today to scrape out a win......but it wasn't a dominant performance...and Schotty still needs to figure out ways to put points on that scoreboard.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

That was inexcusable.

The bread and butter run play should have been called to kill the timeout regardless of making the 1st down or not. It was laughable to select such a dumb play.

But the way Sanchez was handled is what they got away from and finally returned to this game. Its what should have been done all season. Its baffling why that wasn't the gameplan all season. He's in this 2nd year. But at least they got back to it.

More of this, and these next games will be easily winnable.

6. Revis Is Here24

Revis Is Here24 New Member

This was Schotty's best game this season imo.

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

really eh? no passing TDs....still no throwing out of the wildcat.....there were still some questionable calls (like the 3rd down pass with the steelers down to 1 timeout).

It was a win...I'm thankful and elated that we got it....but Schotty has a LONG way to go in terms of earning back my confidence.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Texans game was a little better.... or that was Sanchez's best game. Not sure.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

it's amazing that the Packers offense can hang 27 points on the Pats in Foxboro...with a backup QB who's never started a game in the NFL......yet.....our offense looked like a bunch of circus clowns with a roster loaded with probowlers at the skill positions.

I'm sorry....Schotty doesn't get a pass from me.....not yet....maybe not ever.

10. Revis Is Here24

Revis Is Here24 New Member

I think that texans was more of terrible defense rather than good play calling. I mean what O coordinator hasn't had a good game against the Texans??

11. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The Jets decided to do what they did at the end of last season. Simplify the system, and just go out there and play smart football. Watch Sanchez today vs the end of last season. Very similar.

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

You can be upset that they only scored 13 points against one of the best if not the best D in the NFL or you can look at it and say Sanchez looked confident, the OL played well with a back up, our WRs made plays and considering the weather conditions I was satisfied. It should also be considered that we passed on 2 FGs as well. Throw in that twice we had them backed up inside their own 10 and our D allowed them to go over 80 yards both times. The reason we won the game is because we won the battle of field position. Your not gonna light the Steelers up but the Jets did a good job of moving the ball and winning the field position battle.

13. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Totally agree.

I am the last person to be upset with the offense when they do enough to win. I like how they moved the ball all day but it still didn't lead to many points which is understandable against the Steelers. I will be looking for more positives next week while not going crazy with my poiny expectations because the Bears are a pretty good D too.

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

oh man he did his best job to give this fucking game away.

Instead of running the ball on that 2nd down after the safety he throws and throws again on 3rd.

Great job...I really cant stand how we also give up key third downs with the sort of players we have out there.

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

This was not the best game he's called but he did a great job calling an offense that moved the ball down the field, picking up 3rd downs and if they didn't put up points they flipped field position which is critical in a game @ Pittsburgh.

16. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I'm with guys like jeff, mack, and MB. This wasn't all that great. Sure, he was much improved this week over the past few, but he almost lost the game when we were in a position to close it out.

Something no one has pointed out is that we ran for over 80 yards on an historically good run defense. The Steelers were averaging a shade over 60 yards per game on the ground, better than even the 2000 Ravens. We ran for over 80 on them. Why wouldn't you keep the ball on the ground on 2nd and manageable to run down the clock?

Instead he tried to put the ball in the air. That risks two things: 1) incompletions that stop the ticking of the clock; 2) turnovers that become the dagger in your heart.

The defense should never have been in a position to risk losing that game.

Amazingly, he tries throwing it on 2nd & 5 with the lead and needing to burn seconds, but when they're in a position to put 7 on the board he bitches out and we wind up risking Folk for 3.

And people say this was a well-called game?

As a former Schotty defender, I just don't get it. Sure, the Sanchez TD was genius, but that should be the norm not the exception. It's not.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He called a great game but when players execute the plays always look better.

My only problem was the final 3rd down call, we have to keep the clock running, I'd rather mark take the sack than throw it up.

18. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The only difference is yesterday, he actually managed to figure out that there is such a thing as a SHORT passing game.

We did not use it nearly enough.

19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Thank you for this, why are giving this man praise?

The offense sucked again, putting up 1 TD, are we that giddy about being a WC team?

BS managed to get out of this offense what he normally gets, this is sickening.

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We faced one of the best D's on the road in one of the toughest places to win(a City or State we have never won in)., we went down 17-10 in the 3rd and all the momentum was on pitt's side but we came right back and scored the tying TD. Our offense played really well yesterday.