Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. BleednGreen247

LMAO. this guy is a MAGIC MAKER! HOLY! an average of 22. this guy is superb, why would anyone question him? not only does the offense produce great numbers, his pre snap motions lead to these fabulous statistics :rofl:

i wonder why the jets finished the highest we ever have under schitty when favre told him his system was shit? :rofl:

facts are facts.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Heh! No problem, bud. I appreciate it.

ANd good point about last year. BS was on the team that went to the Champ game, and the Jets lost that game mostly because the secondary could not cover all of Indy's receivers. One regular season game, with such lousy execution by pretty much three quarters of the Jet players, should not mean it is all BS's fault. And anyway he's not going anywhere, so suck it up.

3. Big Blocker

Address this point:

Do you think Ryan is aware of those numbers?

And if he is (as is certainly the case), why is BS still the OC?

4. BleednGreen247

I have no idea why hes still the OC. what does this have to do with him being schit? why is wade phillips still coaching the cowboys? just because someone blows at their position doesnt mean they get fired, happens all the time in sports.

5. Big Blocker

You should think about why he is still the OC. I think it has to do with Ryan's assessment that BS is not the problem you think he is, and also that Ryan thinks BS is doing what Ryan wants him to do.

Blame Ryan for BS still being the OC. Ryan is the HC. It's his call, his responsibility. You should consider that.

And just maybe not only does Ryan see it differently than you, Ryan may be right. And you wrong.

Jus sayin...

6. BleednGreen247

Or i can simply look at his body of work under 2 coaching staffs and see that hes been schitty on both? or for the TENTH TIME the jets offense has been most successful when hes dumbed it down?

Or even Gruden constantly talking about what hes doing presnap is useless?

I do blame ryan for not replacing him last year. Ryan ignores the offense too much. this has nothing to do with schitty being schitty however.

Theres nothing schitty has accomplished that gives him a reason to stay here.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Because Ryan was a rookie head coach who had had problems getting his first job and didn't want to make waves on the way in. Because the politics of working for the Jets are complicated, with Woody's style allowing many people who should be out to remain on the job, sometimes in other capacities. Because it's true that he has had 4 different QB's to work with in 5 years and it's hard to judge his success or failure based on that central fact.

The problem with all of the above is that NFL offensive coordinator is just like any other fairly technical job with a lot of pressure based on the results. You're either a rainmaker and worth the position or you're not. Most of the evidence at this point suggests that Brian Schottenheimer is not a rainmaker and that he's holding the Jets back. Another year or two to conclusively prove that is just wasted time and will probably cost Rex Ryan his job in the end because whether or not you believe that Woody is a bit too light on the consequences of poor performance across the board he clearly has a heavy hand when it comes to head coaches at this point.

The Jets really need to resolve the Schottenheimer conundrum favorably for the franchise to move forward and the long they take the more this window closes.

8. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

This is an interesting post on many levels. You have to forgive 2007 more or less because Clemens clearly wasn't ready to take over at that (or any I guess) point. But the SD sentences at the end are equally telling.

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I guess you did not agree with Gruden's commentary of the game then?

10. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

This is a constant problem with Jets fans. It can't be that the players on the field aren't doing their damn jobs, no way. It must be because Schottenheimer's an idiot, Sutton's an idiot, Heimerdinger's an idiot, Cotrell's an idiot (alright, there might be something to that last one.)

The Jets have played one fucking game this season. Take a deep breath and step back from the ledge.

11. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I've written post after post with clear and simple facts. No one has been able to dispute them with anything other than "I think"s and "Schitty sucks, get over it"s.

Honestly, I don't even remember what you wrote at this point. And if I didn't directly address something you wrote, it wasn't anything that warranted a response.

Ah, another voice of reason. Here, have a seat at the bar with us. Here's an umbrella.

12. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I think the pre-snap motion etc is all a bunch of bullshit. They should try a couple no huddle hurry up offense. Its not Schotty's style but its worth a look-see.

Sanchez is not Manning by any stretch of the imagination - definitely not at this point in his career. We need to see what happens the next couple games. The MNF debacle was definitely on Rex cause he knows the Ravens D better than anyone else.

They were talking about how explosive the offense was in the preseason and we didn't see shit. I'm not a believer until they start lighting it up. And no way Holmes, 1 receiver, can turn and entire offense around.

13. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I actually agree with all of this.

Now I defend Schotty, but the pre-snap motion is getting tiresome. When used sparingly, it's effective. When used every play, it's only throwing off the cadence of the offense. The Ravens' D was clearly waiting on all the motion Monday night. Our offense was getting thrown off.

I don't necessarily know about the no-huddle, but once or twice a game on a designed play could work. As you said, Sanchez is no Peyton...yet at least.

You're also right that we've yet to actually see this explosive offense, even in the preseason. They claimed vanilla in August, and while Monday was far from vanilla, it wasn't effective. As you said, one receiver isn't going to be the cureall for that.

The key is going to be getting the run established to open the air attack. From there, our receivers have to make catches. The only other thing the offense needs is less mental mistakes that result in flags. If those three things happen this team will win a lot of games.

14. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Agreed on all counts.

My big problem with the pre-snap motions is that Sanchez was rarely snapping the ball before the playclock was close to empty. That pretty much defeated the purpose of using all those hard counts, because the Ravens knew when the ball was about to snapped.

As for the running game, it's a huge point. If the Jets rushing offense doesn't do better than it did on Monday than Sanchez and Schotty's performance won't make a lick of difference, because we're going nowhere. Shonn Greene has to come ready to play.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's been the same problem with every QB we've had during Schotty's era except Favre, who didn't run Schotty's offense.

16. BleednGreen247

There isn't anything to respond with. Fact is schittys offense has failed for 5 years with 4 different qbs. Not one has excelled, and both qbs that have left have gone on to have superb seasons when they get out of his offense. He's not responsible for the running game, what part of the offense has he improved then?

You can gohead and state your opinion about schitty, but those are the facts, period.

17. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

ITA @bleedngreen247 Shotty has struggled as Offensive Coordinator. I don't blame Rex for getting frustrated.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sanchez is not Peyton Manning and never will be. Trying to make him into a Peyton Manning-clone would be a terrible mistake on the Jets part. If the point of the Schotty offense is to have his QB play like Peyton Manning then the Jets better have a good plan for getting Peyton Manning in to run it, because nobody else is going to be able to do that.

The QB's that Sanchez is most like, based on what I've seen out of him, are Jim McMahon, Brian Griese, Doug Flutie (well as much as anybody can be like Doug Flutie), John Elway, Terry Bradshaw, Brett Favre, etc. He's not a pocket passer who sits back and surveys the field, he's much more of a scrambler who moves around and tries to make thing happen with his legs.

The Jets need to accept the fact that he's not a fit for what Schottenheimer is trying to do. Then they can move from there in whatever direction they think is appropriate. If things work out for Sanchez and Schotty he'll never be the QB he could have been in a system better tailored for his actual skills.

19. Big Blocker

It is pure speculation on your part that but for those considerations Ryan would have fired BS. Pure speculation. On the other side WE KNOW Ryan wants a conservative no turnovers offense. And the HC either knows what the OC is planning for the game or he is being negligent.

You also ignore that the Jets went to the AFC CHamp game with BS as the OC. ANd lost because of poor play by the corners other than Revis covering the Colts receivers.

One game and all that is forgotten.

It's Ryan's team. Criticize him if you don;t like what's on the field.

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

While I agree with you about Schotty that certainly doesn't help