Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. JFToLong

JFToLong Banned

Even when Eli sucks, the passing game the giants use, prohibits teams from stacking the box.

Plus, their o line is allowed to hold much more than ours.

Both long running td's had blatant holds that were not called.

If that is us, no chance

2. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I give the guy so many passes, I feel like an idiot at times.

Not this time, this game was putrid, absolutely disgusting. WTF Schotty? Seriously?

I say can him at the end of the season unless we go to the SB and WIN.

His inability to think on his feet and change his game plan is ridiculous and completely inadequate for an NFL OC. No way this guy gets a HC job in the NFL.

Hire McDaniels or Kubiak in the off-season as OC.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Yeah that's the most disturbing part, his lack of halftime adjustments.

It's like he just goes in the locker room and reads books about unicorns or something.

4. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

I agree our oline hasn't been as dominating but we don't exactly run that many different running plays anymore. Pop in the tape from the Bills and Vikings game, we don't run traps, counters or off tackle much anymore, we just run into the pile.

Giants had plenty of runs get stuffed for 0-2 yard gains but they kept grinding it out and finished I believe 28 runs to 22 passes. We have the O line and backs to do this but instead we keep letting Sanchez throw 35+ times and its been like this since Holmes has come back.

Schotty is just pass happy with his "flight boys" and refuses to go to the ground reguardless of the score, weather or play of Sanchez.

5. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Schotty is buns

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Ahem, Jets offense only runs inside trap.

Be it a run to A gap/B gap on the right or left, but that's all they run. No pitch or toss or counter. No cutback. No runs to the edges or off-tackle.

Also, lining up to the line with 7 seconds on the clock does a lot of harm to your OL's performance. Cue in one meaningless motion, and you are down to 2 seconds. Defense basically knows what the play is going to be, and when the snap is going to happen. Does defense get any easier than this? Consider that.

#1286 Zach, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  7. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Its insane to witness. How can the average fan see this but he cannot?

On a side note, run the f^&%&(* ball.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I've also seen 3 draw plays this year.

I'd actually like to see more draw plays. They just might work every now and then.

9. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

10 things I'd like to see us TRY!

1. sweep, how novel right?
    2. shovel pass
    3. Brad Smith THROW out of the WC.
    4. swing pass to LT
    5. run out of I, John Connor blocking. Play action off of it.
    6. Pull Mangold and Moore and run off tackle traps.
    7. Take QUICK shots downfield that don't require 15 secs to develop
    8. draw, but not on 3rd and 15
    9. slants, slants, slants!!
    10. Get Keller past LB coverage, not before/within it! every time!!

10. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

I honestly think Schotty panics and when things don't go as he expected and enters full shell mode where his brain is not even working properly. It's the game time equivalent of test takers anxiety, where you know the answers but the panic overcomes everything else.

11. move the chains

move the chains New Member

:up: (filler)

12. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Miami game by the numbers - from Manish Mehta.

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yes... they've done it and I believe he had a TD pass out of it. They've never gone back.

14. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I was just remembering Schotty on "Hard Knocks" talking about how he is going to give his Superbowl ring to this father and I am suddenly filled with rage.

15. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I am trying to shake the feeling, but it is starting to look like our season is slipping away from us. First the lead we lose, now we are dropping back to the pack to be in the hunt for a WC. If we can make the cut, we got a shot, even if only a punchers chance. But it is starting to get that wispy sorta slipping away feeling going.

Should we slide out of contention.. it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Will they do nothing? Or will Schotty get canned? Or will someone else be the scape goat? Granted Sanchez is only in his second year, but he's had runs of consistency and brilliance in there. But how do you justify the level of talent on the offensive side of the ball, and tolerate the level of execution and coaching we have seen?

16. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

That is how Schotty operates. He can't call that play again for at least 3 years, once everyone has again forgotten that Smith can pass out of the backfield and use it as a gotcha play. :lol:

17. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

If the Jets miss the playoffs the only choice would be to fire him. If he stays on the staff after a collapse where the Jets miss out on the playoffs Rex becomes guilty by association while having to deal with aftermath of being in charge of the team that started 9-2 and missed the playoffs.

18. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

refs suck and fuck up. but do you honestly think there's a special rulebook for the jets? hate that crutch...

19. egelband

the frustration with schottenheimer i have is that he appears to be unwilling to allow the offense to challenge the defense. he is enamored with trying to trick the defense. sometimes a group of athletes is physically superior to another group. i think the jets have proven stars. more than other teams have. and they're now all messed-up in the head with trying to outthink and trick the opponents. this has been a long-developing problem masked by some lucky-ass wins.

20. egelband

i still think the jets will turn it around. but pittsburgh's gonna be tough...