Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Guess that lunch date didn't work out too well.

2. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Lol. Yeah, Rexy can't work his snake charming magic with these lunch-less lunch dates.

3. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

I say it every time....

You're passed the 50 on 1st down... SHOOT FOR THE ENDZONE.....

When you TAKE SHOTS at the endzone good things happen - You get a PI, you get a TD or heck an INT at the 5 isn't the worst thing...

If you're at 2nd and 10 then you can RUN RUN RUN when the D is looking for pass...

How about PLAY ACTION.. You run 2x when the D is in pass mode and put yourself in 4th and short and GO FOR IT!!!!! No Brad Smith #### Line up youe MEN and go for it.

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

This is where I try to come from when discussing Schotty and the offense. He deserves plenty of blame but when you have grown men who are paid tons of money to catch a ball or make a block or throw an accurate ball it eventually falls on the players to stop embarrassing themselves. Yes, the coaches job is to have his players ready to play but this is the NFL. Coaches aren't giving these guys ra ra speeches before and after every practice about how they need to play well. They are professional football players it is their job to be ready to play a football game once a week.

I couldn't tell what percentage of the blame goes to Schotty and what percentage goes to the players but I believe it is something like 60-40 or something along those lines.

5. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Yeah, and we went for it on fourth down with a fucking wild cat play. Are you kidding me?

6. Hobbes3259

Here's your car crash in a nutshell.

Three different top tier QB's.

Same results. Where else should we be looking for answers ?

and...

he is the offfensive coordinator...or am I mistaken in thinking that means HMFIC of the Offense?

7. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Didn't see this posted anywhere else (although I'm sure it is one of these threads somewhere):

The ugliness of the fishbowl post-game interview area at the stadium, where fans can watch, reared its ugly head. When Ryan walked to the podium, angry fans chanted "Schotty must go," referring to offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/un_served_rip_lkvpbkJjnt6S0F65ZD6mUM

8. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

There's plenty of blame to go around.......i hear ya. Schotty managed to pull a few good plays out of his ass yesterday within the myriad of shitty calls...and when he got one right, either sanchez effed up the throw, or a receiver dropped an easy one.........someone missed a block , the list goes on

9. Hobbes3259

I agree with you whole heartedly on the dropsies.

10. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

yeah that was a brutal call, one of many

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

The offense played miserably yesterday and they all deserve equals amount of blame. Keller was wide open on two passing plays on different drives...one down the seam which is a tough throw but one the QB has to make considering the circumstance and one on the drive when Holmes made that great catch. Wide open. Then on a post (I guess it was a post?) to Cotchery he was open but the ball was underthrown and Sean Smith made a nice play on the ball. Tough throw but again, the QB has to make that throw.

And of course the Holmes drop.

So there were some good playcalls that were ruined by bad execution and there were some bad playcalls (wildcat on 4th and 2 is a joke)

12. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I have grown tired of addressing stuff like this that you bring up. If you want to blame the OC for Sanchez making poor decisions, Favre throwing awful picks his entire career, and Pennington having a noodle arm be my guest.

Plenty of people manage to get their point across about their displeasure with Schotty without resorting to blaming him for things that others are responsible for. The reason I constantly disagree with you is because you feel the need to pick out something that doesn't make any sense to bash him for.

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

so you blame Brian for the poor prtection, poor reads, poor throws, drooped passes, no explosion through the holes,...?

I think brian had a terrible game playcalling yesterday but if the players execute we win handily.

14. Hobbes3259

Pennington is a fine example.

Prior to BS, he goes 22/6 13/12(9 games, hurt) 16/9. Then he leaves here, goes to Henning and goes 19/7.

Sure...Penny's inaccuracy during the BS years, was all Penny.

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He was coming back from 2 shoulder surgeries, we had 2 tookie OL starting, we acquired our top RB(Kevan Barlow) right before the start of the season.

16. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

You realize we are able to read your posts from earlier in this thread right? Because in the beginning, you did nothing but defend Schotty and bash our players, and I find it funny how your tone has been slowly shifting as this offense gets worse and worse - and now you're at the "Schotty deserves plenty of blame" stage.

At this rate, we might actually get a "Schotty Sucks" out of you by training camp. I remain hopeful...

But, I will at least give you credit for sticking around, unlike the threadstarter who was last seen having re-constructive surgery on his username to avoid detection.

17. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Make excuses if you want, but Schottenheimer has not had one complete successful season as NYJ Offensive Coordinator. That is a fact.

18. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

heres my main concern with shotty after yesterday (and yes i hate him but i do realize getting rid of him could stunt the growth of sanchez).

we ran almost every first down yesterday. i know the weather and ground and pound and all that. and the dolphins were putting 8 in the box consistently to stop it. and many times 6 guys down in a stance on the line.

so seeing this, how is he not sending sanchez to the line with a kill play? all good quarterbacks (rodgers, brady, manning) and their coordinators see something like this and make sure their qb has a kill play to defend against this. i didnt not see them audible once.

now, i know hes young and will make mistakes, but i find it hard to believe that sanchez was going to the line, seeing this, and ignoring the kill play. if he was then hes a retard and its not schotty's fault, but i highly doubt this is the case.

19. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Every quarterback that has worked with him has gotten better immediately after leaving him: Brees, Rivers, Pennington, Favre

Every game the Jets start like crap on offense. Those plays just happen to be the ones that Shittenheimer scripts and works on prior to the game. We can all see how well they attack the defense's weaknesses and the brilliant design of these plays, right?

Every time the Jets have extra time to prepare for a game, they have scored 9, 0, 3 points. The "genius" with all that extra time would come up with some better stuff than that you would think..

Prior to a few weeks ago, the Jets haven't had a 300 yard passer under him since 2006.

20. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

They tried to whole kill play thing against Baltimore. Clearly it was a disaster and after the game Sanchez requested that they eliminate that and just line up and play with the play that is called.

But running on EVERY first down is clearly a big problem. Defenses obviously know what's coming. Would it kill this idiot to try a play action from time to time? Last year they had great success with play actions so he decided to eliminate that from the play book apparently