Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. LTrules

LTrules Banned

OK, you won me over, fire him. But no matter who you bring in they will not make Sanchez a great QB overnight. Imagine if we had Brady and they had Sanchez?

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Are these really the only two options? Either we are giving him all the credit for the entire season or no credit whatsoever? There is really no middle ground there?

The extremes on this board never cease to amaze me.

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

IF Schottenheimer would stop being brainless, we could stop bashing.

4. LTrules

LTrules Banned

clever, LOL

5. rdc2000

rdc2000 New Member

This is not the week to talk about Schotty. Unless you want to talk about your trailing 24-3 offensive strategy, which I'm sure is a big part of every OC's game planning..

Sanchez threw horribly when the Jets were still in the game. The running game was adequate, but if you look at the play by play of the first half, saying we needed to run more is flat wrong. The Pats also played pretty good defense.

When you are trailing 24-3 the 4th time you touch the ball, when a team absolutely embarrasses your defense the way the Pats did, the OC is not the first place to look for blame.

6. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Don't forget about possible psychological factors. If the players don't like/trust Schott's offensive scheme/play-calling, they may become demoralized and play poorly.

That may explain why they excel in the 2 minute drill. Sanchez makes the calls and they are quick - the offense doesn't have to wait all day for the play to come in from Schott. The players feel a sense of dignity that they don't normally feel during the game.

Also, Sanchez looks like a superstar in these situations. He finds the open (and sometimes not open) receivers and his passes are PERFECT.

Did you see him in the 1st qtr when they had that delay of game. He looked like he couldn't care less.

There may be a reason he told Schotty: "This is easy. Use suck..." when he called the plays in preseason.

7. BillyD0123

BillyD0123 New Member

O, D and ST

I suppose it's Schotty's fault the Jets showed up flat on MNF for the biggest game of the NFL season (at that point)
    From what I gather through the news sources about Rex Ryan is. What he lacks as a game day coach. He makes up as being a great motivator and leader.
    If so, why were the Jets flat? The NFL fans are still scratching their heads over that game.
    Answer is: They didn't come out flat. They were overwhelmed by the moment as soon as they took the field. It was evident in Sanchez's face and body language as soon as he got hit in the mouth. And Rex didn't have the answer.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I completely agree with this. It's strange too because they never acted that way in the playoffs last season - even on the road in the AFCC.

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

So you can read minds now by looking at someone's face?

The Jets got outplayed and outcoached, it takes everyone to create that disaster. First you say it is the coach, then you say it is because the players were overwhelmed.

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Wow, we can say the same about the Pats in the 2nd half of week 2.

SANCHEZ IS IN HIS 2ND YEAR. I already posted his stats, but he'll have a better sophomore year than Brady did. IT WAS JUST A BAD GAME, LIKE THE PATS VS CLEVELAND.

God I wish I was pathetic enough to go to some Pats board since week 2. We've been in first all year, now you guys won't go away making stupid ass comments.

When the Pats lose the division and/or get knocked out in the playoffs before us be sure to keep making these comments.

It was one regular season game, Mark played bigger games in his rookie year, and this season is far from over.

#1010 MadBacker Prime, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  11. LTrules

LTrules Banned

I can read peoples minds by looking at their faces, yes.

:lol:

12. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

IMO I think in general the playcalling on the offensive side of the ball has been fine the past few weeks. It seems as though more running plays should have been called the last game but they were down by 21 and the defense was getting shredded which could explain the pass happy offense. The main concern to me is the playcalling on third down and especially in the redzone. I honestly can't recall the last time the Jets ran on third down. I have seen countless third and shorts where they pass, which is very predictable for a defense after a while. And the main problem to me is the redzone playcalling and the lack of runs when they have one of the best O-lines in the league, and two great runningbacks.

13. Hobbes3259

That's cool. I'm more of a breast phrenologist.

14. LTrules

LTrules Banned

Even better!!

15. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Too bad Sanchez plays defense and gave up 45 points.

16. Hobbes3259

Odd how quickly that game is forgotten...

17. rdc2000

rdc2000 New Member

Francessa earlier in the year would go on and on about how he didn't like Sanchez's demeanor. That he always looked scared or injured after average hits. He piped down after all the comebacks, especially the Cleveland game.

Forget about trying to read eyes and minds on tv. Judge the performance. He sucked in the first quarter, just like he did for long stretches in a lot of other games. But there was no chance to come back this time. Move on down the road and hope he makes up for it against Miami..

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Your just missing insecure and bandwagon or you would have hit the Troll Grandslam

19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Are you referring to the helmet to helmet that wasn't called?

20. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I can read people's minds by looking at their avatar.