Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. gopats88

gopats88 Member

you know, I thought about using the words "shortly after" because I knew someone would make this comment, but it didn't sound right and I was just really hoping that no one would stoop to that level

2. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

Jay..I respect your opinion, but I disagree a little.

I think when the Steelers and Jets meet, it wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers D dominates the Jets O just way the Ravens did. For some reason the Ravens hit the Jets and New York never recovered. I think the same will happen with Pittsburgh. I mighr be wrong about this, but Jets seem like the neighborhood bully that if smacked by someone just as tough, they wilt. We will see, not just against Pittsburgh, but Chicago as well.

3. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Schottenheimer sucked , Ryan sucked, Sanchez sucked, the D sucked, the entire team sucked. Only LT and Greene should not be staring at their shoes today. A total collapse in every aspect of the Game, including Westoff's units.

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Just the punter, and the blocking for Brad Smith, and Folk for kicking a FG to the fans sitting on the 30 yard line. But that's it for ST... lol

5. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I never said to fire Schotty and bring in McDaniels now/this season. That's a terrible idea and completely unrealistic. Nevertheless, a change HAS to be made after this season. With the amount of HCs already available for next season, I doubt Schotty will get a job over them. But we shouldn't even have to rely on that; he should be fired.

No one is claiming that the D and ST didn't suck, or even that the Offense didn't execute well. I know this is your M.O., but cut it out already--stop spinning and putting words into people's mouths.

You're right (and most of the stuff you've said has been rational and I've agreed with). But Sanchez hasn't even played 2 full seasons yet, so he gets some slack; he's a young QB who is developing and mistakes (even awful ones) are to be expected; you live with the growing pains.

Conversely, Schotty is now a vet in the coaching realm, and we're STILL making the same complaints about our Offense that we were making in 2006. It's now 2010, and we have different players, yet the specific Offensive ineptitudes haven't changed. So, with all the changes and different players from '06 to today, who/what is the common denominator?

6. mangoldman

mangoldman Member

he has shown some dramatic inconsistency in accuracy more so than most 1st round talent young qbs.

I am not ok with above average. i demand greatness and this Football Organization should demand greatness.
    If Sanchez cannot BE consistently Elite he should BE gone

7. Gunther

Gunther Member

What bothers me about this development thing with Sanchez is that besides for Mathew Stafford who's injured, Sanchez's numbers are the worse for 1st rounders from his draft class. Either Sanchez is what he is, or Schotty is stunting his growth.

8. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Oh, I forgot... How about when Holmes had to tell Schotty, with 20 seconds left in the 5th Quarter against Cleveland, to call a slant play - which won the game - because that play hadn't been called all day.

And in the Sound F/X game vs the Bengals, they showed a clip in which Holmes was telling Schotty about the Bengals D; I can't remember what exactly he was saying, but it was something along the lines of playdesign/playcalling suggestions again.

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

And I agree with that last part about Schotty. He certainly has his issues that drive everyone crazy. The reason I tend to defend him is because he is thrown under the bus for Sanchez developing.

Again, I agree that Sanchez gets slack but that does not mean we take that slack to hang Schotty with. A large part of the bigger issues with the offense, consistency and red zone efficiency specifically, are issues that come with Sanchez' lack of experience. Is it possible that a different coach would be getting more out of Sanchez in those areas? yeah, but it also just as possible that a different coach gets less.

10. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

It's Schottenheimer's play-calling that's so god damn horrendous. Not his developmental skills in the QB dept.

11. Pete Carroll

Pete Carroll New Member

sanchez is the worst qb of the 09 1st round draft (1/3). Morgan Freeman was like him last year

12. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

No...I do follow what you are saying. My point to the Pat fan and what Kenny was saying is that the Steelers do not have the qb nor the weapons....nor the system to truly expose the Jets weaknesses the way the Pats did.

I totally agree that the Jets could struggle on offense against this defense...Look what happened last night against a much weaker defense. 13-10? My point was this is a game the Jets could win even with the weaknesses they have right now.

I totally agree with your points though.

13. jaywayne12

UK...you are bringing up some very solid points. The Sanchez factor is something that needs to be kept in mind.

But my first arrow that I would shoot back at defending Schotty is 3rd down calling. You know....I know...this whole board knows exactly what this offense will run on 3rd and 3 through 7. We know the first look to the receiver...we know the second look to Keller running to the first down marker and turning around...and then we know LT is coming out of the back field as his final option.

Thats just one situation. How much of that is because he is dealing with still a raw qb? Another argument back would be where is the play calling we saw against the Bengals in the playoffs...the Chargers. Where are those routes we saw run by Keller last year. This team did know how to spread the field last year towards the end of the season.

You might be right...I just doubt very much that if schotty is here next year...you would see anything different.

14. FlightBoys

FlightBoys Member

Shotty is the one Jets player / coach that I truly believe needs to go after this season, he cost us the game in week 1, and every week he consistently makes me shake my head at all the dumb decisions.

15. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

[​IMG]

16. jaywayne12

Abyz,

What scares me the most about Sanchez is in the press conference, he said the linebacker made a great play on the interception near the goal line. ???? Wait until he looks at the film. Behind the linebacker were about 7 more Patriot defenders around Edwards.

Hey, I totally agree he sucked. All the stars aligned and last nite is what you got.

Regardless, this isnt about Sanchez. I totally agree with you. This is about "if you know whats coming....and I know whats coming...then BB knew what was coming".

17. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

If there is a year 3 for Schotty with Sanchez we will see but that doesn't seem to be likely right now.

If/When he leaves I won't be very beat up about it unless I think his replacement is awful, which I doubt will happen. He isn't the greatest coach in the world, I just have this need to try to show people he isn't the worst coach that has ever walked the planet.

18. Sciz

Sciz New Member

Just throwing this out there... Shotty is 0-3 when he has more than 10 days to prepare for a game. If you guys get McDaniels, I'd be scared.

19. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Tanny should trade Sanchez for one of those Smiths (Troy or Alex)

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I don't like how with extra time the team doesn't score a touchdown. That's squarely on the OC. How do you not have everyone prepared with extra time? You can't excuse a coordinator for this kind of performance 3 times in one season. Especially against a young defense that should never have a non-TD game. That's fucking disgusting.

What in the blue fuck goes on beyond 7 days in this organization and mentally destroys this team?