Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Wait, are people complaining about Schotty right now? We put up 30 yesterday...

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

None of those points were the result of good play calling, it was just superior execution. There were a few failed 3rd down conversions you can directly blame Schotty for though.

3. In other words, offensive success is in spite of Schotty. Offensive failure is because of him.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

That's what haters do.

They won't use things that support their argument.

Apologists do the same thing, they ignore the 30th in Red Zone scoring.

He's not great yet, but he isn't atrocious anymore. He's done well this past month.

I usually get on him for situational playcalling, and what he does in the Red Zone. But it hasn't been as bad as October, so I'm not going to go crazy about it.

I read an article where he listens to his players and adjusts according to what they see. He's a brilliant offensive mind, he just misses the answer when its staring him in the face at times.

He has come a long way from the days of "let's attack their strength and ignore their weakness, even though our strength is what they can't stop. I don't want to win by 20."

I haven't seen that in a long time.

Just stop going shotgun on 3rd and short. Make the defense think for once.

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

lmao tru good pt

6. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I agree. There is no way you should be "bashing" Schotty. The team is 8-2 !!! Enjoy it. I point out the RZ problems just to show that we have a very real deficiency on offense that we need to address in order to take another step forward. We shouldn't expect to stay w/some of the elite offenses when we are only scoring TDs in the RZ 30-40% of the time we get there. This is not just a knock on Schotty BTW. The entire offense is responsible for executing the RZ Offense. Maybe this is part of Sanchez's development, but I don't see how calling for the shotgun inside the 10 yd line is helping Sanchez or the Jets at all. But whatever it is, Schotty has to find a solution for the Jet's lack of RZ production. I mean, thats his job isn't it?

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

It is indeed.

Hopefully they pull what they did in January and all of the sudden the problems disappear and they're primed for a run again.

I just pray the OL stays healthy. If they can survive the T-Giving game, they'll have plenty of time to rest up.

8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Good question, I don't blame BS for everything bad that happens on offense because certain things are just part of football, the human element has a lot to do with what happens on the field and those things affect the offensive stats.

My problem has been the struggle that we have had against bad teams in the NFL, I understand one game or maybe 2 but we make these inferior teams look like playoff bound teams and this goes back through his whole career here as the OC and in reality that has nothing to do with stats.

Could it be that there is a transition going on with this offense and I don't see it? Maybe, but for whatever reason I don't expect the Jets to play good football against teams with winning records, in my opinion as a longtime fan you have arrived as a football team when you can beat the elite teams in the NFL.

As much as I hate the Pats I consider them elite, any team that can soundly beat the elite teams and the inferior teams is what our goal should be and I don't think BS will help us become that type of team.

Do you think the Pats struggle against the Lions this Thursday? I think the game will be over by halftime, the Jets on the other hand will struggle against the Bengals, they will make the defense look like the 85 bears defense and that is game planning not stats.

9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying the 8-2 record and I think it will help us to absorb some losses but I think the Jets have created a bubble that will soon burst when we play the well coached teams of the NFL, and that's when everyone will get back on the bashing of BS because the offense will not put up the gaudy numbers that we have been seeing against the inferior teams.

I hope it does not happen and we run the table and I'm proven wrong but I have seen this before my friends.

10. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

But the Pats lost to the Jets and got killed by the Browns. Go figure. This is the NFL. Two point wins count just as much as 25 pt wins. Schotty has this team averaging about 25 pts per game ( guess). Schotty has done a far superior job with this offense than Rex has done with his defense. Yet everyone on this board sucks Rex's cock to no end. Why? Because he says things like lets go get a snack. Its foolish.

11. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Or maybe it's because our only losses of the year were 10-9 and 9-0 in games where Schotty's offense must have forgotten to do that "superior job" you speak of.

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

In all fairness, during the 9-0 loss Sanchez missed open guys for what probably would have been TD's in 2 or 3 spots, which would have made that game a 7-6 Jets Victory.

(i.e. We don't go for it on 4th down to give up the third FG)

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Dude, we're a top 5 defense (Scoring..allowing 17.7 PPG)

We're not a top 5 offense (Scoring 23.8 ppg = 11th)

And Schotty has FAR superior skill players compared to the defenses we play (i.e. a bigger mismatch in his favor)..

His biggest problem (and I keep repeating it) is he sees the field Vertically, almost never horizontally.

The second biggest problem, (and this goes to most coordinators) is the insistence on re-inventing the wheel.

Look, I have a guy on the roster like Leon Washington (or Danny Woodhead after that)...who's a similar player...
    Brian Westbrook...what does Andy Reid do to get him some positive plays.

I have a Flexable TE....What does Tom Moore do for Clark?

Any individual with an IQ above 90 could examine a roster, and grab 20-30 plays from other teams that do those things better than you to maximize the special talents on the roster. (it's no different than the SDLC)...

We have all these people saying Woodhead is a clear fit for the pats, but not the Jets...That's not a player issue that's a coaching issue.

Schotty is getting there with Sanchez..but this is not a skill that a guy who is one step from the big office should be just now learning.

#713 Hobbes3259, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The receivers also sucked that game.

15. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Dude, if you were told before the season the defense would be ranked 5th you would have been alright with it but not very pleased.

If you were told the offense would be ranked 11th with Sanchez posting a 2-1 TD to INT ratio you would have been pretty happy. That is unless you had insanely high expectations for the offense this year, which I don't remember many people having before the season.

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Overall the most important stat IMO is point differential.

We are now 2nd in that category, only to the Packers who are coming off 2 huge blowout wins.

I'd rather have a offense that is that can win us games just like our defense.

17. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Now the anti-Schotty contingent is going to hang on a poor offensive performance in our two losses?

How about the last three wins that came in the final seconds of each game, thanks to the offense?

3 is still a higher number than 2. But again, let's not let facts get in the way of a good argument.

18. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

So your overall point is that all offensive coordinators besides andy reid and tom moore have IQ's under 90? You sure that your not oversimplifying things a bit?

19. The extremism, particularly from the Schotty-haters, is just ridiculous. I doubt many people here are willing to say he's a great GM. But for heaven's sake...

20. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

The expectations of the defense was to be the best in the league. The expectations for the offense was prolly middle of the pack.

And we continue to under estimate the job BS has done with Sanchez. That was/is his number one job. And in that regard BS has been stellar