Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Well they were too busy staring at a reporters ass.

2. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Because it's a HUGE gamble to fire someone at this point.. It's year 2 of developing the young QB.

But, I think we all have to say and agree that Schotty is under the microscope and on the Hot Seat......

I think a lot of the Schotty haters could be 100% correct but, we won't see a change till the offseason.

As good as Rex is IMO, I think working the offensive side of the ball is any former DC achilles heal....

3. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

The Schott bashing is a joke. Guy is a great OC. QB checks down on every play, immediately.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

What has Schottenheimer ever done to give anyone reason to believe he's great? His track record suggests he's middle of the pack AT BEST.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that works both ways, and TBJ, nice work on the OP.

NOBODY ON THESE BOARDS IS WILLING TO ADDRESS THAT IT IS RYAN WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS TEAM'S PERFORMANCE!

Ryan went a whole season with BS last year. Do you think he is unaware of the problems the O had before he got here?

The team's first big move of the Ryan era was picking Sanchez as the Qb of the present and future. We all knew Favre was gone and Clemens was not going to play much, if at all. BS stayed on board to work with him, and with Ryan.

Ryan has said all along what his offensive philosophy is. He also was standing on the sidelines every time MS threw in int or fumbled. Is that the kind of play Ryan wants? Of course not. But, to some extent this team is stuck with MS for the foreseeable future.

So, add it all up - BS has to come up with an O that best deals with MS's situation right now.

And after last year, if you don't think Ryan has talked with BS about the game plan and whether they need to go in a different direction, you're either crazy or Ryan is incompetent.

Yet countless posters here want to lay it all on BS.

I think it's just wishful thinking. Wishful to think that just firing BS would get this team firing on all cylinders.

THe love for Callahan is also misplaced. He coaches the OL. How'd they do? Great? Not so much.

In any event, I am sure BS is going nowhere. The haters need to face that. Suck it up.

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Part II of my answer, WSW, is yeah, maybe BS is mid tier OC material. So, who in the off season should the Jets have gotten instead?

Tanny, Woody and now even Ryan have worked with BS before. If they thought there was someone better out there in the off season, and failed to get that person, what does that say about them?

I think what it says is they kept BS because they have no one better to replace him with. Mid tier means the team could certainly be doing worse.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Once Ryan said he is the one who made the decision to hold the O back against his former team, I was pretty pissed.

I've never been annoyed with Rex until he said that.... Lovers quarrel.

8. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Interesting to note that in only one season (of the 4) with Schotty as OC, there has only been one year where the Jets have finished positive in TD to INT ratio.

Here's the breakdown.

Pennington: 17 TD, 16 INT

Pennington: 10 TD, 9 INT
    Clemens: 5 TD, 10 INT
    Total: 15 TD, 19 INT

Favre: 22 TD, 22 INT
    Clemens: 0 TD, 1 INT
    Total: 22 TD, 23 INT

Sanchez: 12 TD, 20 INT

Heck, until his last two years as QB coach with Drew f'n Brees (of 4) he never had any quarterback with more than +1 TD:INT ratio (Doug Flutie did in his 5 games played).

#48 LeonNYJ, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  9. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Rex said all the right things yesterday but that does not absolve Shotty from all responsibility.

Shotty has to get some of the blame here. It is his job to develop Sanchez and Shonn and both of those efforts took major steps backwords Monday night.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

My post was only to address someone claiming schotty is great. Nothing more, nothing less.

11. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I think Schotty is blowing Woody or something... they got a hard on for the guy. Rex was saddled with him when he came. Of course Rex came out and said he met with Schott and was sold on him. What would you expect him to say? Now, maybe Rex does like Schotty. My thoughts are most everyone there does.. but that doesn't change the fact that we go through this bullshit with him and offense EVERY YEAR. No matter the coach. No matter the QB. That isn't the coach or the QB,TBJ, it's the OC.

I gotta take what Rex said about the offense at face value. Ok, he told them to keep Sanchez reigned in... that doesn't change the fact that all that pre-snap bullshit is unnecessary... and it doesn't change the fact that the play calling was still shit... running LT up the middle of the pack??

12. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

He SUCKS, the guy is no better than Mangina. "OOOooo he's so smart, what a genius football mind, look at where he comes from, etc etc". What the fuck results has he ever produced? The guy is a deluxe shit factory that pumps out giant gift-wrapped turds 24/7

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Rex is not calling to run the ball on multiple 3rd and 3,4, or 5.

That was driving me insane. All offseason we heard from Rex that Sanchez has grown and is making this offense his own. Schotty comes up with the game-plan for the offense, Rex is just covering for his his OC.

Rex is an aggressive guy, you can bet your house on the fact if Rex was calling the plays on offense he would have attacked their weakened secondary.

Since Schotty was OC we have not had 1 QB with a 300 yard passing game, not 1. WTF is the point of Holmes, Cotch, Edwards, and Keller if Schotty won't call plays to get them the ball. It needs to start early Mark needs to get into a rhythm.

#53 MadBacker Prime, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

So for all you apologists, do you not find it even slightly strange that Schittenheimer has not had one QB throw for 300 yards in one game since the day he got here? Not even Favre?

15. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

you took the words from my mouth

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He is great at running the ball straight up the middle into the teeth of the opposing defense. The latest example of doing that was Monday night when he kept running right at Ngata and Lewis...so there.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He needs to simplify this offense, instead of all these motions / movement / wildcat (whatever you call it) ... I'm just sick of out routes to Keller that go no where, line the fuck up and either run it down their throats, throw a slant, curl routes, any of that stuff to get Sanchez going

Just can't believe that after a whole summer nothing has come out of it yet, guess we'll see as the season progresses it's only 1 game

18. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

When did the "leave britney alone" guy become a schottenheimer fan?

19. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Rex needs to take a bigger hand in the offense. Clearly Shittenheimer has pretty much full control, as shown by not using Shonn Greene at all which Rex was unhappy about at the post game press conference. Hopefully Rex steps in and TELLS Shittenheimer what to do. Because if there's one thing he's shown since he's been here is that he can't run an effective offense.

20. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

No identity = no rhythm. The reason for that is the multiple penalties on 3rd and 4th down. You cannot blame Schotty for the defense staying on the field as long as they did because of stupid mistakes. That comes down to Ryan.