Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

^ Did you even watch the game, Don? They gashed the browns out of the wildcat at least a half dozen times.

2. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Agreed that the pass isn't even defended. Remember one play where the announcers pointed out the Browns only put 2 defenders on 3 Jet receivers on a wildcat play.

Don't agree w/ passing to Sanchez but Smith should throw some passes to receivers just to keep the defense honest.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

why are you dumb?

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

It'll happen sooner or later.

The Jets waited until the AFCCG to use it.

Let's wait that long again.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You are just pathetic. Have you had your 10th birthday yet?

6. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

who cares if they pass out of it or not? It worked pretty well against the Browns w/o passing. I am not in a huge hurry to see Brad Smith try to complete a pass in the NFL. I know he was a good running QB in college, but that doesn't neccessarily mean that he is automatically going to start completing 20 yd pass plays in the NFL. I'd rather see him run the ball.

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I think it's time for Don's annual nomination for the TGG Rich Kotite Dumbfuck award to be submitted to the awards committee.

8. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Totally, you would think such a juvenile response would be the result of a really poor post. Maybe one in which it is stated that the Jets should stop using a formation that has been successful for them for years unless they add a new wrinkle to it even though it has remained effective without adding such a wrinkle consistently.

9. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

They should try to send a pass out to Sanchez in the wildcat no one ever bothers to cover him and he is usually near the sideline so he can avoid a big hit

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Wow, that's a great idea.

11. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Yeah ! lets get our franchise QB out there catching passes ! Nobody will ever be able to hit him ! Brilliant idea !!!!

12. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

On 2nd and 1 in the Red Zone I call it a failure for a team that considers itself Ground and Pound.

FAIL.

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

John Elway used to catch passes all the time. if no one is paying attention to him why would it be a bad idea to throw it back to him and he runs out of bounds before he gets hit?

14. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Elway caught a grand total of 3 passes in 15 seasons in the NFL. How does 3 catches in 15 seasons constitute catching passes "all the time"?

15. ukilledkenny

If you could guarantee that a play like that would go exactly as it is designed to it would be nice. Problem is in order for this to take place we need to have Smith throw him the ball. I don't think anyone is going to guarantee that Smith makes the correct read or a good pass on a play like that. We have already seen on two separate occasions in the past year that the pass from the wildcat can be successful without putting the franchise QB in danger.

I have no problem with allowing Smith to make a pass out of the formation a little bit more but when we have guys like Keller, Edwards and Holmes for him to look at why even take a slight risk with Sanchez? It just isn't worth the potential gain to me.

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

its a bad idea, i could see throwing it to a backup QB that you don't mind getting banged up. But designing a play for your franchise QB to catch a ball from somebody who is not a pro QB is not too swift. You spend millions on a franchise QB and millions more on protecting a franchise QB. The risk is that Smith makes a bad read and Sanchez gets crushed and injured. The reward is maybe a 15 yd pass play. Its not worth it.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

It's not something I would try unless it were a very important game and we needed some sort of spark. I could see us doing it against the Pats, as that game could very well decide the division. Brad Smith throws a good ball and from what they've shown on the TV Sanchez is so wide open it's not even funny. I don't think the risk is as much as we're making it out to be and it could be an easy TD.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

All the time may have been stretching it but he had more than 3 thrown to him and you wouldn't consider a QB catching 3 passes a lot of catches?

They should make it simple. Either he's wide open w/ no one around him and he throws it to him or he tucks and runs.

We don't need to do it, we have a good QB and good weapons around him but if it's wide open why not take it? We run too many trick plays as it is and this would likely fool the defense.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm gonna side with AbdulSalam on this one....i think it's an unnecessary risk. Our playbook is vast enough that I'm sure there are more suitable alternatives to implement instead. For example...the hand off to Tomlinson and then the lateral back to Sanchez for the downfield bomb....i loved that call.

But Uncle Willis does bring up a point though...if we met the Pats in the playoffs, and Schotty wanted to create a spark by executing this play....then perhaps it might be worth a shot...I'm just not comfortable having Sanchez running up field with Meriweather bearing down on him.....yeeesh.

20. ukilledkenny

In a desperate situation I wouldn't have an issue with it. A regular season game, no matter how important, is borderline for me. If they are losing a tight game in the playoffs and the offense needs a spark then by all means do what needs to be done.

Your probably right that the risk isn't that high but I don't think it is worth any risk unless the situation is dire, like playoff elimination.