Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I stopped reading after your first sentence because thats when everyone on the board knew you lost the argument :)

2. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

What argument? Are you too clueless to realize that we aren't even having a disagreement einstein?

3. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Seriously how clueless can you be to not even know when somebody isn't disagreeing with you? Unless your opinion is that Schotty made no bad calls today, STFU.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He didn't call an A+ game.

So the argument your trying to make is also incorrect.

Did he call a good game? Sure.

Was it his best? Absolutely not.

I see Schotty during January and think he's turned the corner. Then week 1 happened.

I haven't seen a January playcall since the Pats game. The Lions game was the 2nd closest, this is somewhere in the middle.

Schotty called shit games from the Vikes game all they way through to the Packers game.

Lions and Browns games get positive grades.

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I said he made some horrendous calls. I didn't say he called a bad game. I am not sure what the big argument is that JohnnyD is getting all worked up about.

6. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

What was Schotty calling in January that's different from now? The offense is actually performing better now than it did last year in the playoffs.

7. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

loved the play calling today for the most part.

couple of times when we took the shots deep near the redzone instead of a first down though that kinda pissed me off.

After schotty's prress conference this week, you can understand he's really a flow of the game type guy. very emotional and call of the moment type guy and thinker. that has it's pluses and misses but i certainly understand his thought process more now

8. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Don't agree. Prior to a good performance this afternoon our offense sucked for 7 out of the last 8 quarters.

9. SettlerDawg

Something for all to consider: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=420296

It's the same for almost every fanbase in the NFL. They focus only on the plays that didn't go as planned, and completely ignore the plays that went for positive yardage. To an average NFL fan, there is no need for a punter in a good offense, because the offense should be gaining 5+ yards on every play. Even the best offenses screw up. Get over it. The Jets' offense is heads over heels better than it was last year.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

way more efficient in January. It didn't stall foolishly. The philosophy was smooth and strong. Red zone scoring was better too.

You're an apologist.

11. SettlerDawg

Prior to today's game, the offense is scoring 22.8 points a game and averages 350 yards per game. With 26 points and 450+ yards today, both will go up.

last year:
    Cinci: 353 yards, 24 points
    San Diego: 262 yards, 17 points
    Indy: 388 yards, 17 points

Avg: 334 yards, 19 points

There you go. Not to mention that the next 4 games against poor-average defenses will probably bring 2010's numbers up even higher.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

its not the stats.

This isn't baseball.

I fucking hate stats when it comes to football.

13. SettlerDawg

Read the post after yours. I guess I'm somewhat of an apologist. I just like Schotty's philosophy of trying to out-muscle and outsmart an offense. I also like how Sanchez has progressed so far when he's only in his 2nd year after only playing 1 full season in college. Matt Ryan is one of the best young quarterbacks in this league. He played a full college career in BC, and he had a sophomore slump last year while Sanchez isn't having one currently. The offense is improving. There's way too much hindsight after every play on this board.

14. SettlerDawg

Then use your eyes. It's pretty clear that Sanchez is playing much better this year than last year, and that the offense is playing better because of it.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

when did this become about Sanchez?

Dude, do you know what we discuss in this thread?

I'm done here. its not about Sanchez, stats, etc. Its about things that we've covered. I'm not going in circles. Leave that for Junc.

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Yes even the best offenses screw up. Get over what? Being way more accurate in assessing the development and consistency of our offense than you are? No thanks.

Your opinion that the offense is playing better than it was last January when we beat the chargers, the gals and led the colts by 11 in the AFCCG is silly. You need to get over that. We got shut out by the packers coming off a bye 2 weeks ago. Last week the Jets offense finally woke up against the Lions in the last 4 minutes to avoid losing back to back games. If you think that those kinds of performances are outstanding and are better than what this team was doing last January- thats your opinion, but you are wrong. Get over it.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

But the PPG is higher. So they're doing much better than before.

The yards are higher too.

The logic is flawless. There is no denying it.

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Oh, now i see the light....as long as the PPG is better it must be true. :rofl:

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

In all honesty the production is indeed higher. But we do see the same old shit every now and then. There are still steps this offense has to take before its hit its potential. That's on both the players and playcaller.

October was a horrible month for everyone involved with the offense. The Jets got away from what was working best. 44 times in a monsoon with the lead is something that personally I have a problem with against the Vikings. Philosophy, with me its always philosophy and situational playcalling.

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

WTF is Schitty thinking? Why did he call 3 missed FGs, what kind of OC does that? I thought last week was bad when he called all those dropped passes and fumbles.

I also blame Schitty for our big time D letting a rookie QB march down the field and tie the game at the end. F him.