Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

When the Jets had the ball at midfield with 5:00 minutes left there was no need to throw the ball. It's just another sign that Schottenheimer isn't getting the most out of the Jets offense talent.

2. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

I'm not a Shotty hater but I have to say some of the calls today were baffling. When ever momentum started to swing our way we took stupid shots down the middle and to be honest we could have lost by a lot more today if the Giants had some decent corners and safety's.

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Look alive, SDF. You need to mobilize your forces in full strength.

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

And Giants D couldn't even slow down the run straight up through A gap all game long. So... with the clocking winding down, you dial up 3 straight passes. Brilliant, man. Just brilliant.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Brian Schottenheimer, lol

6. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Greene and Tomlinson rushed for 41 yards on 10 attempts in the first half.
    Mark Sanchez threw the ball 28 times in the first half.
    Mark Sanchez threw it for a total of 59 times.

I believe Sanchez was in shotgun throughout the entire 4th quarter, or at least 99% of it.

Shittenheimer needs to go. Rex Ryan is not off the hook on this. As I said before, he has to leash his dog. At some point during a game (half time?) he needs sit his OC down and tell him, RUN THE BALL.

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

SDF is unusually quiet today. I have to wonder why.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

223 pages on this thread, and I've suddenly realized that I've been misinterpreting the title of this thread all along.

It should read...STOP bashing the brainless Schottenheimer! ‎

9. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

If I'm Schott at this point, I get the Offense together and say "WE ARE GOING TO ####NG RUN IT DOWN THEIR THROATS - FOUR DOWNS!!!!!!!! RUN RUN RUN"

Because even if you do pass your way to a TD you will leave too much clock and be criticized - the ONLY call there was run...

And if I'm Schott I file that in my long term Offensive Play Calling Folder.

Early in a game at mid field it's a great call to take a chance Deep.....

late in the game with a chance to CLOSE IT OUT...

RUN RUN RUN... You can get less than 3 YPC and still get a 1st down if you know you're going for it. You just have to get into 3rd and short / 4th and short..

10. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Not me.... I talked Giant fans off the ledge and said they could win the Super Bowl that year... I remember being in a bar in NYC when Eli threw 6 picks VS Minny and told Giant fans I'd take Eli as my Qb any day as they were all ready to ship him off.

I'm pretty good at this.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Does anyone ever wonder if Schotty has such a complex about being compared to his father that he can't help but to the complete opposite of what his father would do in any situation, and damn the consequences?

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Part of it. I went berserk when he threw Sanchez under the bus on the safety......WHO. CALLED THE Fing PLAY?

13. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

couldnt agree more....

if rex wont axe shotty, then tannenbaum needs to show them both the door

14. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Schotty is going. There is no way he remains after calling that game on Saturday. The NY media, from what I've heard, the ones that usually defend Schotty have stopped after Saturdays game. As said before, Rex wont throw people under the bus in front the media but from his Tom Moore praise and the meetings with Schotty reportedly not being around, it is clear he really doesnt have confidence in Schotty and will look for a replacement this offseason.

15. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I've been saying for a while, depending on your point of view, you can read the thread title as

STOP with the brainless Schottenheimer bashing!

or

STOP with the brainless Schottenheimer bashing!

I prefer the 2nd one.

16. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

There are two things that cannot happend. One is schottenheimer being our OC going into week one next season and number two being Wayne Hunter being the starting right tackle. If either of these happen our offense is in for another inconsistent year that will cost us wins.

17. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Schottenheimer shouldn't even make it to January 15th, forget week one.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Ha! Hadn't heard about throwing Sanchez under the bus. Was that in the postgame interviews?

19. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I am confused.

Sanchez threw the ball 59 times against the Giants. I admit I don't know why Schotty would do that, but I am going to say it has something to do with Moore. I have been on this board long enough to realize that a target of hatred gets no credit, and all the blame.

A couple weeks back the Offense shined, and we glorified Moore. The offense takes another turn this week, and its Schotty's fault. Typical TGG garbage.

Here is the facts regardless of what was called and how they were executed. Our QB threw the ball 59 times and only completed 30 of them. Of those 30, he only wrapped up 260 yards. Regardless of what was called our QB could not execute.

I know the running game wasn't that good!
    The OLine wasn't that good!
    The WR couldn't get open!
    Blah!
    Blah!
    Blah!

At what point do we stop making excuses for Sanchez and hold him accountable. He RIGHT NOW is not very good, and PERHAPS may succeed.

20. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

How was the running game not that good against the Giants? Between the two of them, Green and LT averaged over 4.5 YPC. Sanchez may succeed (nobody knows). Many young QB's get better and some don't. However, what evidence is there that Schottenheimer plays to the strength of this team (or even has the same philosophy as the head coach)? We have seen it time and time again that the OC doesn't want to stick with what is working well.

Q: At what point do we stop making excuses for Sanchez and hold him accountable. He RIGHT NOW is not very good, and PERHAPS may succeed.

A: Try another OC with a full off-season and see if the Jets "O" and Sanchez improves. Bring in another QB besides Greg McIlroy and make Sanchez the #1 QB gong into camp, but allow for some competition. If Sanchez doesn't cut the mustard then try somone else.

Personally I think that there is a much better chance that Sanchez can become a top 10 QB than I have of Schottenheimer becoming a top 10 OC.