Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

what wasnt 100% accurate there?

he does less with talent then any OC in football. and he done so consistently, in all the aspects i mentioned.

2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

dominant defense and talent on offense

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

So why hasn't Ryan fired him?

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

You are right, and this is the biggest knock on Ryan. He's been way too hands off on offense and blindly trusting Schnotty. That's not the case anymore, and it's starting to show. Rex is a loyal guy, but only to a point.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Chad is smarter than Favre and he had played in that system before for Dan Henning.

Brees was really good in 2005 too.

The O stunk early in the year b/c the OL stunk and we had no run game. Of course players will gripe, that doesn't tell us anything.

Was the O smooth and effective strugglig to 20 pts vs. Washington? Don't let the 2 late Tds after turnovers fool you.

6. nyjunc

we have NEVER had a diminant defense and our D cost us BOTH title games.

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

As I said, it's in the best interests of the organization, and It's investment in Sanchez, to make Schotty better

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

9. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Doesn't matter when you score TD's they count the same.

Schotty's not good but a TD is a TD.

10. Big Blocker

In all seriousness, that is a constructive viewpoint. I give you credit for that, and it is something we can all agree on about everybody.

Or I should say SHOULD all agree on, since just because one could agree with it does not mean one will.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We made the AFC championship game in 2009 because Rex Ryan belatedly recognized that the rookie QB and OC were throwing the season away. He delegated the process of toning down the offense to Bill Callahan, who became the architect of the Ground and Pound. Schotty was nominally the play-caller but the schemes used were Bill Callahan's and the guy forcing them to be used was Rex Ryan.

We made the AFC championship game in 2010 because Mark Sanchez had 6 bad games all season of which the Jets lost 5 and won 1. The Jets won the 10 games that Sanchez played well in. They won 2 playoff games in which Sanchez played well enough to win the game.

Specifically, Sanchez outdueled Tom Brady in week 2, he was better than Matt Schaub in week 10 in a game the Jets defense allowed 27 points in, leading a last minute drive to win it, he was better than Ben Roethlisberger (twice) winning the first game and losing the AFC championship game.

This year Sanchez has played well in games that the Jets lost anyway, in Oakland and the first New England game. Previously in his career when Sanchez played well the Jets won except for the 2 AFC championship games, in which he was the best player on the field for them but they lost anyway.

This is because Sanchez is suddenly one of the best players on the Jets. The oversize levels of help he's gotten in the last two years have been trimmed away and his performances stand out more. That's a heavy load for a third year QB to shoulder. When Mangold was out Sanchez actually was our best player on the offensive side of the field. Only a couple of other guys were similar impact and that's why the Jets got rolled by the Ravens.

12. ppls17

ppls17 Member

Ive always been a huge Shotty hater but with that being said he coached a good game yesterday. Yes i believe moore had a huge say in it but shotty listened to his advise and incorporated it into the offense. He wasnt stuck in his beliefs he called plays we rarely do like screens and deep across the middle for that job well done shotty.

13. nyjunc

Then why all the criticism for the slow starts? we make up for it in qtrs 2-4 so why is everyone worried about scoring in the 1st qtr?

Except they weren't throwing it away, w/ a rookie QB they will always lose some games for you and Sanchez was responsible for about 3 or 4 at most(Buf, @ NO, @ NE). mark didn't blow the 2 dolphin games, Mark didn't blow the Atl game or the Jax game. Our D was costing uis games like they have most of this year.

14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Not for me, I like MS and I think 2 1/2 years in the NFL 2 AFCCG, 4 road victories is a pretty good resume, does he have some learning to do yes he does, one of my biggest gripes is his locking on to his main receiver too long, if he were doing it to pull the safety away from his secondary receiver I would not have problem with it, but I think it will come with time.

However if he is here 7 years and still struggling to read presnap coverage and throwing the ball too high or behind his receivers consistently then I would be on the get rid of MS bandwagon like I'm for getting rid of BS.:wink:

I think both stats are important, moving the ball is essential to getting in the RZ, granted I want to see points, but overall but both are important.

#4354 Red Menace, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  15. Hobbes3259

If we keep the screens, and short yardage center check downs that we saw yesterday, this offense should roll over the teams left on the schedule...

16. Big Blocker

I was talking about the notion that all good developments can and should be attributed to one variable, that here being Moore's presence.

As for Sanchez, I am not a hater, but I don't want to take the homer's rosy colored view of him, either. The fact is he has mostly been inconsistent. He was drafted with the intent of making him the franchise Qb for the Jets. He may still become that, but so far, even when he is successful, as yesterday, he needs a great defensive effort, solid OL play and an effective running game, to look good.

One of the big reasons I have been down on him this year obviously involved the pick sixes and the maddening losses. It should not be so hard to understand why this year has been bothersome.

17. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

Sanchez dropping much further back and the occasional rollouts helped things too. I think they give him a little extra time to collect himself, avoid defenders, and scan the field better.

If Schotty implemented these changes...kudos to him. Seems odd that they happened while Moore was with the team full time, though.

On the other hand, the Chiefs are pretty abysmal, so yesterday's positives could be attributed to playing a shitty opponent. Yesterday seemed like the first time in a while both the O and D played at a high level; each allowing the other to play to their strengths.

18. Big Blocker

Yes. That and keeping up with the mostly very good overall OL play and fundamentals on D.

19. Hobbes3259

I said that a little earlier...It was after all the Chiefs.

Sanchez should be throwing from the Shotgun more often against teams that rush from the edge....

He was also pretty accurate yesterday, 60%, and that with some long throws that went Inc.

20. Big Blocker

The Schotty Haters want to lay all positives on Moore, who in fact has been with the Jets since the off season. More important has been the return to form of the OL, that and Sanchez getting comfortable with the realization that he has better protection.