Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Oh man you're so right, I've been hoarding attention with my ironic contradicting bullshit and constant incorrect football opinions that have the sole purpose of causing a thread derailment.

oh wait.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Thread derailment indeed. If you take all the crap and feints out of SAR's posts, which doesn't leave much, what you have on the subject of this thread is that Schotty sucks because having gotten along with the team to two AFC Champ games in a row, he is to blame for the O not scoring more in two halves of those games (and forget about the other halves, and how the team was there in the first place). And of course by implication, given the choice of focus, we should ignore everyone else's role, particularly the D, in those failures.

Not much of a point, is it?

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Not really. The Jets were down 3-0, up 7-3, up 7-6, up 14-6, up 17-6, up 17-13 at the half.

Where in there were they ever winning while shutting out the Colts as you've incorrectly stated numerous times with different incorrect scores?

4. Petey

Petey Active Member

I fucking hate facts when they don't support my personal beliefs.

5. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Obvious Statement of the Day: If the Jets could consistently score points in the first half, Schotty would suck much less.

6. Big Blocker

[​IMG]

Must have been a hell of a tailgate party. I would say too bad you wasted money on a ticket, but maybe you didn't actually have one?

7. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

If I looked like Brad Pitt..............

Is Jetsinsider undergoing maintenance...the whole 48-41 argument is a TGG thread of the year possibility.

Schotty has flaws , most of which are his inability to adapt a game plan however to have got to 2 x AFCCG he cannot be ignored when plaudits are handed out.

Is he my idea of the ideal jets coach for this talent group...no but it does not mean he is clueles...well not all the time

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I Wouldn't say great. I'd say better. The Plays to Plax, were the kind of plays I've been kvetching about all along.

Particularly motioning McKnight wide, Drawing the Safety getting man coverage, than the
    easy Slant inside. The only hard part of that TD throw to Plax was going over the LB, which is why you went and got Plax in the first place.

On the Fade to Plax, you also had the choice ot go to a wide open Holmes, inside the numbers.

If he can continue to improve that part of the game, This Offense would be all it can be with this personnel and continued criticism would be unjust.

IF

I will also point out in Schotty's defense, that the fact that Kerley is looking good in the slot, does suggest that MAYBE, Tom Moore had contributed to fixing the Offense, and mason was the problem early on.

The one issue is not having Plax,Holmes,Kerley,Keller, LT on the field at the same time, with Sanchez out from under center.

Keller's stats up to now are fairly pedestrian, and not nearly where they should be.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He's 10th in catches in the NFL and 6th in yards rec.

He's 2nd to Gronk in yards in his conference.

I think its better than pedestrian, eh?

10. Mr3rdDown80

Mr3rdDown80 Member

IMO keller is having a decent year but is not being utilized enough... with his body frame and great hands, he shouldnt go missing for a while like he often does... if theyre not double covering him over the middle they should be looking his way...

utilizing him to his full potential would be something like averaging 6-8 catches, 60-80 yds, and .5 TD's a game...

if teams do double cover him then obviously others guys should be open, so he can still be productive with lower stats

11. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

He runs the same 3 routes.Curl, seam route and 5 yard out. It's easier to check a guy when you know where he's going.I would love to see him (or anybody for that matter) start a game running a quick drag route or a hitch.

12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I concur with this already obvious statement.

13. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

I'm not sure if Keller's being utilized poorly, or if he just needs to step up his game. At a certain point, he needs to start dominating linebackers and smaller safeties every time that he's got them one on one.

14. Mr3rdDown80

Mr3rdDown80 Member

may be true... its tough to see on TV being that on a passing play you cant really see the receivers down the field and u only see the replay when hes actually catching the pass... i think he definitely has the skillset to beat LBs and safeties one on one... well have to see how the rest of the year plays out... i predicted a probowl appearance from him before the season... hes got a ways to go, but if he picks up the pace just a little bit its possible.

either way i think hes a beast and im glad hes our TE...

we could definitely use another blocking TE though

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Dustin Keller is such an inconsistant player. I think a bigger, less athletic tight end would be better for Mark Sanchez and for this offense.

Keller is basically a glorified receiver. He can't block and for some reason, he struggles to get open while linebackers cover him.

I love the guy because he's a dangerous weapon, but an all-around tight end may be the better fit.

16. Big Blocker

It is implicit in so much of the Schotty hate that the Jets' skill players on O are all being held back by Schotty, with him preventing them from attaining the true greatness that such posters want to believe is there. Keller imo is the perfect example of this because to his credit he shows flashes of real capability. But he also disappears some games. How to assess the source of this inconsistency...

The easy answer for the Schotty haters is it's all on him. It's not being a Schotty defender to wonder about that. It may be more unsettling since less easily fixed to wonder if the talent level of these players is just not as high as we would like to think.

17. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I agree, and think that if we utilized a 3WR set, with a Single Back (tomlinson, preferably) we'd see far better what we could get out of Keller. (and as I said above, the ease with which Kerley is fitting in makes me wonder if Mason was not holding the offense back from the transition it was hoped we'd make, the next NE game should help us see that)

He's per catch average is around 15, so spreading the field a bit, and protecting a bit might allow him a couple more opportunities per game.

18. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

Well I wouldn't ever support the notion of getting rid of Keller (not that you are) simply because it seems obvious Sanchez and Keller seem to have great chemistry together.

But has there been any blown blocks that really have hurt the Jets? It seems common knowledge that Keller is more receiver than blocker, but I haven't seen any instances of him being such an atrocious blocker where it REALLY has hurt the Jets in a dramatic fashion.

19. Trifco

Trifco New Member

That's true, but part of Schotty's problem is that it's not only Keller... Sanchez, Greene, Holmes also have looked brilliant more than once and then they dissapear or play bad other games; so people likes to wonder if it's just that we have a full squad of inconsistent players or if the O system has a problem.

20. Big Blocker

The only person you mentioned who I think clearly has a very high level of talent is Holmes. Brilliant? Not a word I would use to describe any of the others.

I also wouldn't say they have similar inconsistencies. Keller I think sometimes draws more attention from opposing D's and his catches go down. This wouldn't be such a problem if he were a better blocker. Sanchez I think has a remarkable ability to play well in high profile games, he seems to rise to those occasions, but even in them I would not call his performances brilliant. Greene still is too loose with the football in my opinion, and some teams the Jets play are better at defending him than others due to schemes and personnel, but imo most of his better games are not that hard to figure out. They are ones where the OL can open some holes against the opponent. I would call those games more a matter of better execution for Greene and the OL than "brilliant."