Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. SAR I

SAR I Member

The D was as much to blame for the back-to-back AFCCG losses as the offense was, but you conveniently forget that the Jets were up 17-0* in Indianapolis and couldn't score a single point thereafter and then were down 0-24 in Pittsburgh before a prevent defense and garbage time made the score look respectable.

Here, choose your poison. Not pretty either way, but both the D and O are to blame:

In 60 consecutive minutes of AFC Championship Game play, a Rex Ryan coached defense allowed 41 points to be scored.

In 60 consecutive minutes of AFC Championship Game play, a Brian Schottenheimer coached offense was completely shut out 48-0.

If those 60 consecutive minutes happened in one AFCCG, we'd have lost 48-0. Would have been the most epic blowout in AFCCG history. But because it happens over two years and because it is masked in some first half spurts and garbage time gimmies, it's under the radar. The Jets D and O were humiliated in consecutive AFCCG's.

SAR I

*Correction

#3841 SAR I, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

And they actually managed to lose 7 points in the process!

Fuckin schotty

3. SAR I

SAR I Member

LOL. Meant to say we gave up 0-24 runs in back-to-back AFCCG's. I think you get the point.

SAR I

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

this is the definition of a giant block of shit that no one wants to read.

Wow.

You throw out numbers and change them into these awful hypotheticals to prove some incorrect, contrived point. Nothing you said helps any argument you want to make. I've seen no poster in my 4 years here make a claim like that.

5. SAR I

SAR I Member

NDmick this is the definition of a giant block of shit that no one wants to read.

This is the definition of a poster who obviously didn't read it.

You throw out numbers and change them into these awful hypotheticals to prove some incorrect, contrived point. Nothing you said helps any argument you want to make.

There are no hypotheticals. Those are the facts. There's nothing contrived. The Jets gave up 24 unanswered in Indianapolis in '09. The Jets gave up 24 unanswered in '10. Have to look it up, but I believe that's the most oh-fer points given up in back-to-back Championship Games in NFL history. I'm not making an argument, just stating fact. Seems to me you're the one who's arguing.

I've seen no poster in my 4 years here make a claim like that.

Thank you for the compliment.

SAR I

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

hahahahaha

Did you know that the Jets have put 60 consecutive minutes together of outscoring their opponents 35-13? That means that if you put those two halves together, they would have gone to the SB and lost to either the Saints or Packers.

Man, these facts are awesome.

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Umm, the Jets were not ahead 17-0 in the Colts game. That is just retarded.. did you watch the game?

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He's a troll. Just have fun with him.

9. SAR I

SAR I Member

I was at the game.

Just a typo, it's been corrected and the point is still just as valid.

SAR I

10. SAR I

SAR I Member

The 19 garbage time points in Pittsburgh don't happen if we weren't getting blown out, and the Colts would have laid another 30 on us if they felt they needed to, we'd have still lost.

Math games are cute, but facts are facts:

A Rex Ryan defense gave up 41 unanswered points in back-to-back AFC Championship Games.

A Brian Schottenheimer offense got shut out, goose-egged, for an entire half of two consecutive AFC Championship Games.

How you can spin that as anything immaterial or uplifting is astounding.

SAR I

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

garbage time... hahahahahaha

man, that garbage time safety was a great idea by the Steelers running game.

12. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I kept trying to figure out how I'm supposed to read/pronounce his user name. Now I just assume that he's apologizing after every post.

13. SAR I

SAR I Member

Up 24-0 at home against a Jets team that didn't get off the bus, yup, garbage time. And when the Steelers needed to wake up after their prevent D made it a bit too close for comfort, they easily killed the last 3 minutes, ran 8 plays, passes, runs, first downs, whatever they wanted to do, game over.

SAR I

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

hahahaha that's what I've been doing too.

But I keep thinking its some sort of Avatar blue people gay culture alter-ego.

15. SAR I

SAR I Member

Respectfully, if anyone's being a troll tonight it's you.

I'm posting my point of view. You may disagree with it, but it's valid and it's on topic. Please feel free to stop reading what I post. There are 220 active threads on TGG, feel free to find the 218 I'm not posting in and enjoy them.

SAR I

16. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

The safety was in the regular season game, not the AFCCG. :p

Anyway, Schottenheimer called a great game on Sunday, but still if he can't keep calling games like he did on Sunday, he needs to go at the end of the season. Like usual, I am always highly skeptical of what he will do during the next game and that's not a feeling to have with your OC.

But like I said, just a great gameplan last Sunday and the playcalling, for the most part, was flawless.

17. CatoTheElder

Jason Taylor scored a safety on Rashard Mendenhall in the 4th quarter of the regular season game.

Mike DeVito scored a safety on Ben Roethlisberger in the 4th quarter of the AFCC game.

Thanks for playing.

18. SAR I

SAR I Member

Try Bryan Thomas.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes/index.nsf/Games/2010-post-conf-nyj-pit

I'd say "thanks for playing" but that would sound condescending which isn't right.

SAR I

19. CatoTheElder

NFL.com and Pro-Football-Refernce.com's scoreboards both credit Mike DeVito with the safety on Roethlisberger so I'll take those two sources over what I can only assume is your nephew's senior project for his high school. Tell him I wish him the best on his future endeavors after he's done fucking himself.

NFL.com says don't try and be pedantic if you are going to be a terrible pedant.

Pro-Football-Refernece.com concurs.

20. merlin

merlin Banned

scotty is best jets oc